The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Out Of Area Mission Fail With Auto Pilot

Rekkou

This is my rage quit event in Archwing mission. I've lost 3 mods that never dropped before because of this.  Can't you replace this forced extraction with auto pilot that forced you back into the playing field? This should be obligatory due to serious flaws within archwing mission design.

-First : There are no clear area boundaries, some games use actual terrain, virtual barriers or even invisible barriers. But there are absolutely none in archwing

-Second : no clear direction/navigation, this is already a serious flaw within warframe regular mission design. It only gets worse in archwing, I swear to God, i was following the objective marker when Ordis force extracted me.

-Third : It seems like the force extraction is time based instead of range based. You're going to be force extracted if you stay out of area too long even though you have turned to the right direction. Either way, there is no clear limit where/when is due.

There are other games with out of area game over, but most of them have good boundary design. Only warframe has failed the fundamental boundary design and still choose to punish the player with out of area mission fail.

TLDR:

-Good boundary design + out of area auto pilot : Good

-Good boundary design + out of area game over : Understandable

-Bad boundary design + out of area game over : Serious design flaw