The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Problem]Temperature Of Graphics Card High? Help!

Marco98Pro

hi, when I play Warframe, even in the main menu, MSI Afterburner, marks me: Using GPU: 95-98%, Memory: 353 to 356 MB, graphics card temperature: 65-69 ° C. if I play other games like TF2, Crysis and other games with PhysX support, I have about 50-55 ° C, often 60 ° C. as a model sheet I have a Gainward Phantom II Nvidia GTX560 1GB GDDR5 OC and small (822 MHz core, 2020 MHz memory). if you need the technical characteristics of the heatsink of my graphics card are:

2 silent 80mm fan PWM, 4 6mm heatpipes nickel plated copper, aluminum radiator. can you tell me why I have the high temperatures only with this game?
ps: I 24-30 ° C at idle, I also tried to remove the DirectX 11 support and 64-bit support from the launcher, I reset the frequencies of the card to its original state (core 810 MHz, memory 2002), and I removed the Physx effects but does not change anything.
thanks for the answers.

I'd recommend to turn on Vsync to keep your card from drawing menus at 500-1000+ frames per second. You can measure FPS using Fraps and compare temperatures before and after. Aside from that, there's probably no way to fix it, because the game is not mainstream, optimized AAA software.

You're not in any danger of overheating, anyway. GPUs can handle higher temps than CPUs. At full load (OpenCL application) mine goes above 80ºC with no ill effects. I wouldn't worry until you get to 90ºC or above.