Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"scary Levels"

Lactamid

I don´t believe adding so much random stuff is going to benefit the game. Im in favor of scary moments too and maybe adding a monster or two but nothing too game changing although i would like some infested monster that could climb/walk on walls/ceiling.

If the events that ppl described happened randomly, that would be great. I think the music would be a big part on these events but it would have to improve a lot.

I'm not in favor of adding nightvision and that sort of stuff, i just dont imagine how that would be good. You want lights to go out so u can use nightvision to see? it doesnt make any sense imo unless it could change the atmosphere somehow but i cant see how it could beat the flashlight. I think we should stuck to the old flashlight and i agree, as someone said, that it should have a battery that would run out and recharge and a button to turn it off/on obviously and maybe tweak it a little.

Another thing that this game could have that would also work great on these scenarios is something that encourages teamplay, and im not talking about needing 2 ppl to open a door, im talking about something that promotes ppl to be on a group so they can survive or complete the map(maybe tougher monsters as a simple example, or hard mode).

This would also require better comunication tools.(maybe some predefined mensages as we see in a lot of fps like "Stay together!" )

Outdoor scary maps would be awsome.

-better atmospheric music

-events(if random: they would have to be quite a few and not very usual otherwise they would become another normal thing that happens)

-more teamplay/being in a group to survive

-no nightvision

-no weird/random stuff like adding 20 diferent monsters in the existing factions

Edited by DDisaster

Making the levels around Jupiter and Europa be completely overrun by the infestation and somewhat easy to get lost in I think would increase how unsettling they are (as well as making them look more like Orokin derelicts, whatever that might be like- thus far, they're just Corpus ships with little waving blobs on the floor and walls). As well as changing how and where infested enemies are spawned, in favor of making any major and unexpected encounter with them to be something that, while still doable, will instill a sense of urgency and paranoia in players.

There have been some cases where I have been a bit spooked out on infestation levels, mainly on the ship ones. The red emergency lights and low lighting effect along with some earie BGM and fog realy gave me some chills.

I'm ALL in for more organic walls and actuall infestation levels, like an infestation nest which of course would be even darker than ship and asteroid levels. Organic walls should come with some random element as well in the form of organic spike traps or poison cloud emmiters. Also on ship levels, it would be cool if the alarms were still on, maybe more dead bodies and even blood splatters on the walls?

Infested enemies that crawl onto walls and make creepy cringy noises as they lurk around would realy add to it and more creepy BGM should be added. I know the infested realy have enough staggering as is, but a Metroid-like enemy would totally rock, just crawls onto walls and jumps onto your head, eatting your brains and stuff, maybe it directly damages your health?

I want creepy levels! D:

• 2 weeks later...

Asked DE_Steve about scary levels in chat before the live stream. Although he didn't confirm anything, as there was no time basicly, I asked if there would be more "scary levels" in the game and he said - yes, we like that stuff.

So, not a confirmation, but atleast some hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

First time running into infested, solo was pretty scary, the sounds of the dogs and the darkness along with creepy fungus crap

But now that I have a rank 30 Rhino with a Rank 30 Scindo, its not all that scary haha

More creepy is good though, or more feeling of threat really..... see "Stalker"

I hope the 4th faction they are hinting at adding soon will be powerful and creepy, and have a good evil feel

Also I think that having an option for harder levels will help in a way

This would give alot of variation the only problem would be the whole "not wearing a warframe"thing...but other than that they could make deadspace style....like when Isacc first went to the Ishimura to repair it.That could be a new mission type,then you could add a newly remodeled infested and add those traps and different spawn areas you were saying..that would really be awesome

This would give alot of variation the only problem would be the whole "not wearing a warframe"thing...but other than that they could make deadspace style....like when Isacc first went to the Ishimura to repair it.That could be a new mission type,then you could add a newly remodeled infested and add those traps and different spawn areas you were saying..that would really be awesome

The "not wearing a warframe" is simply a suggestion, it might be to game altering all in all and make it kind of another game. Unfortunately I haven't played dead space but perhaps it's a good idea. (It really doesn't matter what I've played though, if DE has and they like it it's all good :)

• 4 weeks later...

Goes a lot into the direction of Survival Horror, I think that DE wants to go into the direction of making it look cool and "epic" while being kinda crazy/wacky. I get your point, there should be some improvements, at least with the Infested - if you put too much breaks into the levels it gets really annoying pretty quickly + if you overdo it with the survival horror aspect you might have to put a serious age limit on that stuff. 

• 1 month later...

Well i think that the no-warframe idea is a good one, but if that were to happen would it just be like another suit to upgrade customise and on a second note, lets say it did get implemented, how would it look? Would it look like a warframe without it's plates, whitch would be pretty much a customisable gimp suit, or would it be like a official human charachter, only wearing a hood and chlothing, or anything less?