Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs Ruin My First Ever Play Of Archwing Tonight. Feel Sad.

Saint_Tan

Like many of you, I was SO excited to get my Archwing out of the oven and flying through space. 

I know Archwing is gonna be cool once the bugs are sorted out, so this is not a rant.  Just an FYI to the Bug fixers.

1. Game #1 - With one other player, we Exterminate the enemies, launch into space (big smile!!!) and take a look around at all that beautiful galaxy graphics.  Sweet.  I start moving in the direct on the orange indicator on the minimap. I looking for this 'cover' Lotus is talking about, but just have empty space.  There is a "warning" sign that flashes, and suddenly I am dead.  No sign of enemies or enemy fire.  Not cool.  This happen 3 times in a row, still with no sign of what is shooting me, or the cover I should hide behind, or getting even an inch closer to the orange spot on the minimap.  DId I mis-orient myself while looking around at the beginning?  Can you even do that? I exit out.

2. Game #2 - I swap Warframes (giving myself 4 fresh revives).  I play solo this time. Do the base mission and end up in space.  I DO NOT look around - and keep my bearing straight and pointed exactly as the game sets me up.  I see debris/cover!  Yea - I speed toward it.  But never seem to reach it.  Being Rhino, I survive this 'warning' alert 3 time (each time taking damage - and I still have no clue what is hitting me.)  Still no enemies or enemy fire to be seem.  Just damage to my frame.

Suddenly the screen goes black, with only the target reticle showing.  Lotus is still talking.  This lasts for about 15 seconds, then I die.  Interesting.  The revive option appears over the black screen.  I hit Revive. 

I am Revived back on the ship, as normal Rhino with no Archwing!!!  Ugh! But the Archwing Target Reticle is still showing.  Lotus is still talking as if I am flying through space.  I hunt around the ship interior, thinking I must relaunch the Archwing.  But to no avail.  No enemies on the ship either because I already killed them all.  Weird.

I exit the game, and hop on the forums.

I was hitting F Keys like crazy during that last bit when I knew there was a big problem.  But I could not remember for the life of me the key that would take screenshots.

Anyway, love the game.  Maybe tomorrow Archwing will work for me.  Time for bed.

TL;DR I died and then bugs happened.

One of the things that you stated was: Warning signal killing you with red beams. See the giant ship in the background, the Balor fomorian that broke the Corpus ship? Yeah. That thing is pretty deadly. Hide behind giant pieces of debris if you ever see the warning.

Other than that, the bug you experienced,,, is a bug. Hopefully it gets fixed, and hopefully you can enjoy the Archwing missions.

ever since U15, my portable macbook cant even have NO frame drops on lowest settings, everything off....I remember when I started playing Warframe when Oberon was released, i could turn on 80% of my settings with a MACBOOK PRO 2011

When you open the launcher, click the gear in the top right-hand corner.  Disable DirectX 10 and DirectX 11. Uncheck fullscreen if it is checked.  Remove the in-game FPS counter and use a third party FPS counter (the in-game one actually fucks with the game).

EDIT: I have the same computer as you and had the same problems as you and this fixed it.

Edited by Auramau

Thanks for the heads up. But, No - I did not see any ship friend or foe. No lasers either. The warning would come up, then I just would take damage.

And as far as the debris/cover, again, I could see it (2nd game), but could never reach it. It was always only in the background.

And then came the black screen of doom...

When you open the launcher, click the gear in the top right-hand corner.  Disable DirectX 10 and DirectX 11. Uncheck fullscreen if it is checked.  Remove the in-game FPS counter and use a third party FPS counter (the in-game one actually fucks with the game).

EDIT: I have the same computer as you and had the same problems as you and this fixed it.

hm, but i remember messing with the settings graphic before...