Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Utility Weapon For Nyx: Amphis Or Bo?

Syncsonar

Question

I am currently running a 30 Nyx. Every now and then i would find a huge mob of enemies and I would want to run into the mob so I can cast Chaos.

I am looking for a weapon that can stagger/stun the enemy as I make my way into the center of the group. The weapon doesn't need to do any damage.

8 answers to this question

Neither are good. The Bo has a laughable knockdown radius(if it even knocks them down) and the Amphis doesn't knock them down at all with jump.

I'd say get a Gram. It has a large AoE knockdown radius and is not as slow as the other heavy melee weapons. Plus it does bonus damage to infested (except for ancients).

Edited by 7rance

in the regard the OP wanted to use the Bo or amphis either would work WITH a freeze mod. Honestly, the other guys are right, the stun/stagger of both sticks isn't great but the wide strike radius especially if you do a sliding attack with either is HUGE. Both do a full 360 attack at full length TWICE.

If i had to choose, go amphis, it has a faster ROF and charge time.

I'd go with neither.  What do they bring to the table that Nyx doesn't have in his kit already?  Most of the time, Nyx's primary concern seems to be safely and sustainably whittling down the hordes of enemies that're already out of the fight but don't know it yet.  You already have them disabled.  Why even bother knocking them down?

But if I had to choose between those two, Amphis.

I'd go with neither.  What do they bring to the table that Nyx doesn't have in his kit already?  Most of the time, Nyx's primary concern seems to be safely and sustainably whittling down the hordes of enemies that're already out of the fight but don't know it yet.  You already have them disabled.  Why even bother knocking them down?

But if I had to choose between those two, Amphis.

In order for me to disable them, I need to first reach them. I am looking for a weapon to help me reach them.

I am currently running a 30 Nyx. Every now and then i would find a huge mob of enemies and I would want to run into the mob so I can cast Chaos.

I am looking for a weapon that can stagger/stun the enemy as I make my way into the center of the group. The weapon doesn't need to do any damage.

If you wanna reach them, get a shade and stop shooting, you will turn invisible and then you can calmly walk amongst your foes to cast chaos. I don't know how Amphis and Bo fare, but I know they both should have 100% stun chance on their regular attacks so it should work well with a freeze mod. I personally slam the ground with a Scido equipped with freeze and it's like doing a Rhino Stomp as far as CC is concerned.