Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestions] Regeneration And Caster Weapons?

AegisOfLove

Regeneration

At the moment, health isn't a very significant stat as it is outdone by shields. Health cannot be regenerated except through hard to find health orbs which only heal for 25 health (And Trinity), which makes Vitality sort of pointless to put on your warframe. Even warframes such as Saryn and Ash which have the highest base health values have little to gain from the Vitality mod and would just use Redirection for more survivability. It doesn't matter if you have 1110 if you're losing 200 health every encounter that shields would have blocked with Redirection.

I propose that every warframe heals for around 0.5% of their maximum health per second. This way, players are less reliant on getting health orbs or equipping rejuvenation to get their health back. The average warframe will get 1.5 health per second and will take them 3 minutes and 20 seconds to gain full health. A max health Saryn or Ash would gain 5.55 health per second. Adding this passive regeneration will allow for a mod which augments this. I was thinking 400% increased regeneration at max rank would be reasonable, it would put it at 2.5% of max health per second which would fill up a warframe's health in 40 seconds.

Caster Weapons

Damage powers aren't scaling well into endgame compared to weapons and cost a non-renewable resource, energy,  making a lot of powers pointless. I've always wanted to play a caster, and well, kill enemies with my powers. So i got the idea of adding Caster Equipment that could replace your main weapon. How Caster Equips would work is they generate and store energy, while you have it equipped you can left click to add that energy to your warframe and augment it's abilities in some way.Caster Equips would have parameters such as power augmentation, energy capacity, and energy generation rate; these Caster Equips could also get their own set of mods. An example below:

Orokin Energy Generator

Power Augmentation=25

Energy Capacity=75 energy

Energy Generation=1 energy per second

How every ability would be augmented is by giving every ability a ratio by which they'd recieve benefits by. Fireball, for example would do 100 + (15 from caster equip) damage on impact and 50 + (5 from caster equip) damage per tick. Utility powers could get something like this as well; Pull has a range of 100 + (20) meters, or Bullet Attraction would last 10 + (0.25) seconds. I feel that Caster Equips would be a fun addition to the game, but some caution would be needed to keep GOD MODE RHINO, or SLASH DASH AAAALLLLL DDDAAAYYY from happening. 

I think specific caster weapons would be better, and only for what should be caster frames. So Ember and Volt can get gauntlets that use Sniper ammo or something and use a powered up Shock or Fireball, but Rhino or Exxy can't get it. This would be better, in my opinion, since right now I already have half that energy regen with Energy Siphon and I STILL never use Shock.

Regeneration

At the moment, health isn't a very significant stat as it is outdone by shields. Health cannot be regenerated except through hard to find health orbs which only heal for 25 health (And Trinity), which makes Vitality sort of pointless to put on your warframe. Even warframes such as Saryn and Ash which have the highest base health values have little to gain from the Vitality mod and would just use Redirection for more survivability. It doesn't matter if you have 1110 if you're losing 200 health every encounter that shields would have blocked with Redirection.

I propose that every warframe heals for around 0.5% of their maximum health per second. This way, players are less reliant on getting health orbs or equipping rejuvenation to get their health back. The average warframe will get 1.5 health per second and will take them 3 minutes and 20 seconds to gain full health. A max health Saryn or Ash would gain 5.55 health per second. Adding this passive regeneration will allow for a mod which augments this. I was thinking 400% increased regeneration at max rank would be reasonable, it would put it at 2.5% of max health per second which would fill up a warframe's health in 40 seconds.

Caster Weapons

Damage powers aren't scaling well into endgame compared to weapons and cost a non-renewable resource, energy,  making a lot of powers pointless. I've always wanted to play a caster, and well, kill enemies with my powers. So i got the idea of adding Caster Equipment that could replace your main weapon. How Caster Equips would work is they generate and store energy, while you have it equipped you can left click to add that energy to your warframe and augment it's abilities in some way.Caster Equips would have parameters such as power augmentation, energy capacity, and energy generation rate; these Caster Equips could also get their own set of mods. An example below:

Orokin Energy Generator

Power Augmentation=25

Energy Capacity=75 energy

Energy Generation=1 energy per second

How every ability would be augmented is by giving every ability a ratio by which they'd recieve benefits by. Fireball, for example would do 100 + (15 from caster equip) damage on impact and 50 + (5 from caster equip) damage per tick. Utility powers could get something like this as well; Pull has a range of 100 + (20) meters, or Bullet Attraction would last 10 + (0.25) seconds. I feel that Caster Equips would be a fun addition to the game, but some caution would be needed to keep GOD MODE RHINO, or SLASH DASH AAAALLLLL DDDAAAYYY from happening. 

You dont understand the concept of having shields regenerate if you're just going to make health regenerate too. Then essentially you have 2 layers of shields. Health should be the thing you protect at all costs on higher levels, not to mention some things bypass shields completely or effect them more. Like frost damage. Health is the one thing that makes this game not like other cookie cutter games, where everyone is invincible and regenerates to 100% as long as you just stay behind a rock for 5 seconds. If you have one hit point left and full shields, you still feel on edge but have your shields to keep an eye on so have a shot at surviving.

Also energy isnt "non-renewable" Enemies drop energy orbs. quite often too.

Edited by Onite

Health would regenerate a lot slower than shields would. At base it would be 3 minutes and 20 seconds to get back to full health. I don't want regeneration to be significant without investment, even then it would take 40 seconds to regenerate to full. I just want health to actually be a useful stat to invest into.

Edited by AegisOfLove

I do hope casters get a certain longterm viability and more interesting specialization choices, but I don't think the Health Regeneration concept works with the current systems in Warframe.

They tried Cooldowns, and Regenerates, and stuff like that before. It was bad.

Who knows what will happen in the future, though.

I was suggesting a really slow regeneration which gets decent as you invest into regeneration, vitality and armor. Shields just feel way more important of a stat which makes Redirection a most have on a lot of warframes. The base passive regeneration would probably not help much in defense and boss fights and when there's endless enemies.

There is an artefact that restores health. 1 point every 2 seconds. if one player has it its enough to regenerate a few scratches you got while shields where down or that toxic attack you got hit by. There are also health packs you can use and there is health dropped. No need for passive health regen.

About caster weapons... i dont know. it doesnt really fit the theme. What i would like to see is some more caster related mods.. and even for weapons. 

Like adding energy leech to a gun (maybe that new grineer weapon with high firerate is usefull then?) or reducing resistances to skills when you hit an enemy. or you gain a charge for every enemy you kill with a gun or melee and this upps your damage on the next skill used. Something like that would fit the theme, keep the gunplay in tact, while still shifting gameplay to strong ability casting for the frames that are meant to do this. It also gives you a choice if you wish to build a brawler Volt, or a caster Volt. And more choices are always good.

There is an artefact that restores health. 1 point every 2 seconds. if one player has it its enough to regenerate a few scratches you got while shields where down or that toxic attack you got hit by. There are also health packs you can use and there is health dropped. No need for passive health regen.

About caster weapons... i dont know. it doesnt really fit the theme. What i would like to see is some more caster related mods.. and even for weapons. 

Like adding energy leech to a gun (maybe that new grineer weapon with high firerate is usefull then?) or reducing resistances to skills when you hit an enemy. or you gain a charge for every enemy you kill with a gun or melee and this upps your damage on the next skill used. Something like that would fit the theme, keep the gunplay in tact, while still shifting gameplay to strong ability casting for the frames that are meant to do this. It also gives you a choice if you wish to build a brawler Volt, or a caster Volt. And more choices are always good.

I just want Vitality stacking to have a point lol.

I just want Vitality stacking to have a point lol.

really?other than have a larger safety net under your belt?if the fight gets outta control and you end in a situation where you WILL take more dmg than you have shield what are you going to do then if you have a tiny hp pool that only serves as a 1 splitsecond of extra time to reflect on how stupid it was not to take that cheap bonus hp mod on your frame?it's a matter of personal prefference and right now it sound like you want to have hp regen implmented... and as Nykxx said... get Rejuvenation and your set....

really? other than have a larger safety net under your belt? if the fight gets outta control and you end in a situation where you WILL take more dmg than you have shield what are you going to do then if you have a tiny hp pool that only serves as a 1 splitsecond of extra time to reflect on how stupid it was not to take that cheap bonus hp mod on your frame? it's a matter of personal prefference and right now it sound like you want to have hp regen implmented... and as Nykxx said... get Rejuvenation and your set....

Exactly, i had to stack vitality so i didnt get one shot by higher level infested. Its also cheap to upgrade. It provides ALOT.

1: Absolutely not. If people had regenerating health, then what you'd wind up with is a bunch of players sitting around waiting for thier health to regen. You're right; Redirection is, technically speaking, a much more useful mod. That's why it costs so many more mod points than vitality. Additionally, if you're riding a frame that has a lot of armor, like Rhino or Frost, your health will actually hold out a lot longer than shields since armor doesn't affect shield damage. Additionally-additionally, as somebody already pointed out, Some things bypass shields completely. Poison, and Grineer powefists come to mind, although there may be others. Additionally-additionally-additionally, there's an available artifact that gives you health regen already.

2: While I will be willing to admit that maybe some powers need balancing, a lot of people don't realize that the 1-3 moves are plenty useful in the proper situations. Volt, Mag, and Ember seem to come up the most in this, and I'm going to preface my argument with "Of course big AOE attacks are going to seem more useful against hordes of enemies or when they have big numbers coming off of them". Think, though, for a moment. On a single target like a boss, what's going to do more damage, ONE cast of Overload, or six of Shock? Two casts of bullet attractor with you and your team hailing bullets, or one cast of Crush? Eight casts of fireball, or two of world on fire? Your damaging abilites other than your ult have far better damage to cost ratios, making it more useful to spam them on single targets, while the AOEs are, obviously, made for hordes of weaker enemies.
The better solution would be to make it so the powers just scale better into late game. As it is, you can peak out your frame abilities quickly and they'll be really powerful against enemies up to level 25 or 30, but beyond that they simply drop off.