Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuking Enemies Into Oblivion

Withinfinite

As much as I like Warframe, the combat always strikes me as lacking something.

It seems to focus on high damage output, usually nuking the crap out of everything ever because its so easy to just rip everything appart right now

)OR(

Avoiding enemies and getting to the objectives because everything cant catch you.

The fighting needs to focus on more skill and teamwork, and taking down guys that would kill you or be a greater threat in a standard fight by exploiting their weaknesses, therefore making the team stick together. This game is about Space Ninjas. So I want to be a Space Ninja and use my brain to take down those meany head. Blast them into red mist with excessive force.

A possible solution is to buff enemies but give them weak spots or particular strategies to kill them.

EX: You have to melee certain guys a certain way, use certain powers on others, use certain weapons on others, hit a certain spot on some guys, have to focus certain guys down fast, ignore others, avoid some etc.

Adding variety to the way enemies are approached and defeated might add some interesting ways to take down enemy squads as the team works together to succeed, rather than the coop making the game &!$$ easy.

Segest ideas or rebuttals for this because im sure Im not seeing the full scope of the gameplay.

The head doesnt count.

It isnt fun to shot the same thing in the same place for half an hour.

Are you only fighting grineer? You realize infested have weakpoints on the back of their heads, and on their leg? Same with the corpus(back of the head).

Moas don't even have heads. So in conclusion more enemy variety would be a good fix

The head doesnt count.

It isnt fun to shot the same thing in the same place for half an hour.

So then what about the knees/arms of ancients? The creepy headish dangly thingy on Phorid/Chargers?  The legs of Runners and Leapers? The gun/leg of Moa's/walkers? 

I'm just sort of confused how you think there's no target priority etc? I mean if you're a caster, your worst nightmare is a Disruptor getting you.  Or the group of Toxic Ancients charging into the group?  They aren't higher priority seeing as they can fart on you and do true damage? 

Try taking a weapon without any armor ignore against Ancients and Grineer.  You'll be SoL right quick.  Doing an infestation mission or defense? Better get your max rank fire out, and take off the electricity.  There's so many things built in already, I really feel like you either A are misinformed or haven't played enough to realize this, or B are trolling.

Are you only fighting grineer? You realize infested have weakpoints on the back of their heads, and on their leg? Same with the corpus(back of the head).

Moas don't even have heads. So in conclusion more enemy variety would be a good fix

Perhapes I should state that I rarely see weakpoint shots except from deticated snipers.

The main problem, IMO, is that the game is too dang easy with four people and having more people adds nothing but more guns. (Excluding Pluto et al.)

The point of this is that there isnt anything to complex to the gameplay or any depth. It might be my rank of Warframe or just bad luck but my teams always get levels done easier with pure force and minimal teamwork. The extent of teamwork in my expirance is picking up your teammates, waiting on elevators and opening doors.

I feel it needs something more.

Edited by Withinfinite

So then what about the knees/arms of ancients? The creepy headish dangly thingy on Phorid/Chargers?  The legs of Runners and Leapers? The gun/leg of Moa's/walkers? 

I'm just sort of confused how you think there's no target priority etc? I mean if you're a caster, your worst nightmare is a Disruptor getting you.  Or the group of Toxic Ancients charging into the group?  They aren't higher priority seeing as they can fart on you and do true damage? 

Try taking a weapon without any armor ignore against Ancients and Grineer.  You'll be SoL right quick.  Doing an infestation mission or defense? Better get your max rank fire out, and take off the electricity.  There's so many things built in already, I really feel like you either A are misinformed or haven't played enough to realize this, or B are trolling.

Yes definitely (Im very inexpirenced still) But I feel that the fact that I could ignore those or my team could and still complete the mission says something.

What Im saying is that those elements feel diluted against four moderately armed players. Its too easy to wipe the floor with an enemy horde becasue of all the damage they take in only a few seconds.

Eh, it's a shooter. And I'm not saying shooters can't have tactics, but I am saying the genre is not designed to support it. If DE can make it work, hell yeah! but as it is, if it's just a fun, space ninja themed shooter there's nothing wrong with that.

Also, try doing stealth on a mission. No decent rewards for it yet, but takes a lot more work. And go solo.

Perhapes I should state that I rarely see weakpoint shots except from deticated snipers.

The main problem, IMO, is that the game is too dang easy with four people and having more people adds nothing but more guns. (Excluding Pluto et al.)

The point of this is that there isnt anything to complex to the gameplay or any depth. It might be my rank of Warframe or just bad luck but my teams always get levels done easier with pure force and minimal teamwork. The extent of teamwork in my expirance is picking up your teammates, waiting on elevators and opening doors.

I feel it needs something more.

So you want more, yet you exclude Pluto, Eris, etc which actually pose a decent challenge? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? You can't ask for more then exclude what actually gives what you are asking... I'm confused!!!  Like someone above posted, it's a shooter.  If they made it to where you needed people with specific frames and super specific weapons modded a specific way to defeat a boss etc, people would be crabbing about that too!

The later levels, if you don't have a competent team who does target prioritize say shield ospreys etc, sure you can burn things down through the shields, but you waste valuable ammo.  There's been numerous Pluto alerts recently where my geared group of friends and I were lucky we keep our inventories filled with a few health/shield restores and ammo packs because we actually needed them.  All the mobs were at least twice our level, and it was an assassination where the boss was level 88.  Believe me there's plenty of depth.  Just got to get to it.  And they are working on adding difficulty etc.