Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing - Balancing

The_Real_007

Refer to this before reading to prevent confusion: 

Normal missions = ground mission type as a whole. If I refer to this, I am referring to the whole system presently in place.

Now, I'm not talking about making enemies easier, but the enemy progression needs to be re-worked. There's a huge difference from missions on Uranus (which has a near impossible interception mission) to missions a planet or two away. It will be nice when I'm a master of Archwing, but for now it's not fun. I'm not complaining too much about it being hard because besides the few things that your Warframe affects, Archwing is a new system and new experience that requires a lot of time to get good at. It's like starting off the game again, but the difference is it's easier to get better at normal missions and better your normal weapons because that system has been in pace for a while and lots of tweaking and balancing has been done so that you progress in the game fairly and accordingly. What I mean by that is you get better at the game and the missions get harder, but they are manageable.This isn't a problem because as you play normal missions, you gain the necessary mods, experience, and skills to match these new foes. Let me express this in possibly an easier way using variables (unless you hate math):

X = Rate at which you get better at normal mission type. (Experience, mods, and skills wise)

Y = Rate at which the enemies get progressively harder throughout the time you play the game. 

In the case of normal ground missions, X and Y are the same rate, making the game still challenging, but possible.

Now, for Archwing missions... 

X= Rate at which you get better at the Arcwhing. Same premise, but obviously a different mission type. 

Y= Rate at which the enemies get progressively harder in Archwing missions.

In this case, these two variables are not the same. I explained this in variables because it is a fundamental element of the whole game (enemy progression), and it should be applicable across all different platforms of gameplay. Failure of the variables to be equal will cause the missions of a certain type to be overwhelmingly difficult and progressing in that mission type will be a pain. I can deal with farming for mods in the normal mission because X=Y and I can finish the game with no problems, but in Archwing missions I want to be able to complete the mission in order to get things such as Archwing parts.

I am specifically directing these claims at the interception mission type because it is the best way (and in cases such as Archwing parts, the only way) to farm for the new items in this mode. My argument would be similar if the same issue were to be had with defense or survival missions in the normal mission type.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Archwing and I believe that it is one of the best things that DE has done with the game. By no means do I expect this problem to be a lasting one, seeing that DE reads/and cares about the player's opinions. I'm not demanding that it be fixed because I am aware that being a new system, it will always be under some undergoing maintenance and eventually will be fixed, but rather I just want to express my thoughts so DE knows that something needs to be done. Counterarguments are appreciated if need be, but regardless, please post your opinions here! 

The_Real_007
Edited by The_Real_007

At this point I feel it's more a matter of the difference in difficulty between corpus and grineer enemy types in archwing missions.  Sure, grineer are (in my opinion) more difficult to fight against than corpus even in ground missions, but in archwing missions that is taken to the extreme.  Between the high damage and massive amounts of crowd control from those very same high damage weapons.  Yay explosives.

At this point I've got all the melee weapon mods, about half the ranged damage ones and the uncommon and below archwing mods.  I am threatened much more by the level 17ish grineer exterminate than I am by the level 27+ corpus sabotage mission even when using Valkyr with maxed archwing applicable mods and Rejuvenation. 

The high level grineer interception for the Elytron parts is another step (or two or three) above that.  In my opinion when most of the comments I've seen on how to get the Elytron parts revolve around using massive quantities of consumables and avoiding mobs to just cap the points.  I don't play Warframe to run from enemies (strategic retreat notwithstanding!).

The high level grineer interception for the Elytron parts is another step (or two or three) above that.  In my opinion when most of the comments I've seen on how to get the Elytron parts revolve around using massive quantities of consumables and avoiding mobs to just cap the points.  I don't play Warframe to run from enemies (strategic retreat notwithstanding!).

My +1 from that. It's my biggest problem considering that is the only place to get Elytron parts. I want some missions added that have lower level enemies, but still drop good gear so we can build up our Arcwhing skill just as we would in normal missions.