Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Access Top Floor On Venera?

Windbow

Question

I seem to have a problem with Venera. Enemies seem to spawn up above (see my minimap). 

MeaELJ6.jpg

I can't seem to get to the upper floors. I found an elevator but it seems to be broken. I had to abort mission because I couldn't get to the enemy and they didn't come down.

Broken elevator:

uCNFoeA.jpg

Anyone can help a tired and frustrated Tenno? Please?

13 answers to this question

There is a stair at the end ( turn right  on the pic and walk to the end)  there is a stair which leads to a door & a room and an another door which leads to the overhang you see in the pic 

This is the correct way to get up, but thanks for posting this, enemies getting trapped is annoying and as I have noticed, the devs put in little fixes bit by bit that make it slowly better.

Thanks very much for the responses guys! Sorry I was not clearer. I already did get onto the gangway:

Bi9zVV2.jpg

But I meant the floor above that. I tried again and the enemy spawned someplace... in the locked room? Someplace above that platform? In the pic below, the floor right at the top (beneath the 'skylight') :

FCk0CXO.jpg

@Ungorisz: I tried that but as soon as I release the jump key (when he stops wallrunning) my frame simply backflips. How do you do "wallrun+jump+wallrun+jump+"? God, I feel like such a noob... :[

Edited by Windbow

@Ungorisz: I tried that but as soon as I release the jump key (when he stops wallrunning) my frame simply backflips. How do you do "wallrun+jump+wallrun+jump+"? God, I feel like such a noob... :[

Wall run up one wall, turning your camera to face the other wall as you go. At the top of the run, release jump to backflip (continue holding sprint). Right before you connect with the other wall, starting holding jump again to start another wall run. Repeat as necessary.

Wall run up one wall, turning your camera to face the other wall as you go. At the top of the run, release jump to backflip (continue holding sprint). Right before you connect with the other wall, starting holding jump again to start another wall run. Repeat as necessary.

Yes, I tried and I tried and I figured it out. Thanks everyone. You guys rock. :)

Managed to get up there to kill the damned fools who just stood there like lemons.

@CloudPies: Yeah, you may be right. Sneaky!

edit: Kudos if you got the "lemon" reference. :P

Edited by Windbow

I've noticed enemies have been spawning up there frequently after 7.8... this is a very devious way to force us to learn how to chain wall jumping.....

Maybe this is a hint in what we are all expected to do as ninjas and what we are expected to do to get to certain waypoints in future maps ;)

Thanks very much for the responses guys! Sorry I was not clearer. I already did get onto the gangway:

Bi9zVV2.jpg

But I meant the floor above that. I tried again and the enemy spawned someplace... in the locked room? Someplace above that platform? In the pic below, the floor right at the top (beneath the 'skylight') :

I also had this occur, on the very top level. One higher then your picture here shows. I did not think to take a screenshot but there is a little control room sitting directly above the end of the broken elevator.

The way I eventually got to the top was to go to the end of the platform shown above. Where the Railing meets the Wall in your screenshot. I stood on the railing and faced the wall. Wall run up that as high as I could and then do a back flip. While backflipping I straifed to me left and was able to 'land' on a almost non-existant protusion of the tube you can see above your head. Do the same wall run + back flip and strafe off the wall and I was able to land on the railing almost two stories higher then your current screenshot. Once up here I was able to get the stuck mob, and run all around the top of the map. Was a real challenge to get and we should not have needed to.

I also had this occur, on the very top level. One higher then your picture here shows. I did not think to take a screenshot but there is a little control room sitting directly above the end of the broken elevator.

The way I eventually got to the top was to go to the end of the platform shown above. Where the Railing meets the Wall in your screenshot. I stood on the railing and faced the wall. Wall run up that as high as I could and then do a back flip. While backflipping I straifed to me left and was able to 'land' on a almost non-existant protusion of the tube you can see above your head. Do the same wall run + back flip and strafe off the wall and I was able to land on the railing almost two stories higher then your current screenshot. Once up here I was able to get the stuck mob, and run all around the top of the map. Was a real challenge to get and we should not have needed to.

I tried something similar to that but I'm just not skillful enough, I guess. The method Fredlicious gave about using the elevator shaft is much easier. Try that next time - I've done it many times now. :)

@Scinbed: Well, it's OK, really. If no enemies spawn up there then all the work done for the areas up there would be wasted since nobody would go up there.  We just need some kind of hint about how to get up there (like the scratchy surface of vertical 'walk-ways' currently).

you can do it via that broken elevator. if you are a bit used to wallrun (upwards) and jumping you will get on top with 3 wallrun and jumps.

takes a bit of practice but once you got the hang out of it, its easy.

enemies spawning up there seems to be a bug BUT the area at the top does have containers placed. maybe the devs just forgot to open a door.