Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Warframe Part Bp Crafting

Ceraldus

Copied this from where I mistakenly put it under Gameplay Feedback.

Keep getting skill drops for frames I'm nowhere near getting, and the BPs never seem to drop for me. So I thought "It would be nice if I could actually do something useful with these before I got the frame they're for". The next logical step was the idea that you could take those skill mods and throw them in a BP to sort of 'research' a BP for a part (which one would be based on the skill(s) used in the research BP).

As far as I can tell, it wouldn't change much in actually getting a Warframe,  since there are 12 warframes, totaling in 42 skills that could be used in this, and since all of them are random drops, it would make getting the frames easier, but probably still take as much time. 

Say each part blueprint's research uses three different skills (4 combinations), with the rarer ones being used in the second helmet, and then adding a rare mat requirement and the same cost the part would normally take to build. Maybe the rare mat could also correspond to the part's recipe, that way it winds up costing double to get the parts.

"It would make getting the frames easier, but probably still take as much time" 

No, it would give you an extra method to get them and there is no way that couldn't result in crafting a warframe faster. But I'm nitpicking, sorry.

To put my opinion on this, I like it. At least the base idea. I am not certain if your method is the right way to go about it, but it does sound fair to me, although unlikely.

Out of personal preference, I disagree. There is a Christmas-like excitement waiting for a Warframe to build. I don't want people to miss out on that feeling, it's amazing

If I'm understanding correctly, it doesn't change the build times any, just gives an alternate way to get blueprints.

...since there are 12 warframes, totaling in 42 skills...

48 skills, since each warframe has four.

But on the whole, I think this is viable. Granted, there would have to be some sort of cost for the transformation of skills into BP. Also some kind of specific ratio of materials would be needed.

Yet another miscalculation. Doesn't matter, honestly.

Believe I mentioned that the cost would be as if you were building the part twice, excluding the non-rare mats, and maybe triple the amount of rares (it is a research, after all, couldn't get it right the first time).