Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash Of Excalibur

infinxx

Did slash dash attack the whole straight line? Or just attack the enemies at the end point?

According to WIKI: Excalibur dashes forward, slashing any who get in his way.

It should be the whole straight line, right :o? But I can't hit all the muti-target on his path....?? Anyone could teach me how to "control" it?

It's currently bugged so that it only hits things towards the end, though. Hopefully the devs will have fixed it by the next patch.

That's not my experience.

It's definitely a bit buggy though, it seems like it damages to the sides as I'm moving then an arc in front of me as I slide to a stop, which means that if some top-heavy grineer jumps out in front of me I fly forward, get stuck, awkwardly, face-to-face with him for two seconds while glowing blue, then slash him in half, leaving a long string of enemies behind him alive and well.

(I also seem to not be able to dash up ramps or stairs.)

It's currently bugged so that it only hits things towards the end, though. Hopefully the devs will have fixed it by the next patch.

That's just entirely false though so why would you say it?

When I use it I end up on the other side of the room and the guys near my starting point are now in pieces. Seems like it's doing its job.

That's just entirely false though so why would you say it?

When I use it I end up on the other side of the room and the guys near my starting point are now in pieces. Seems like it's doing its job.

May I know what mod(s) you using? I apply a full Power Duration mod, and of cause he dash a long distance, and all of the enemies are still F**KEN shoot my back after I "slashing" :o

slash dash doesn't get you anywhere if there's someone directly impeding you. You have to slash dash slightly to the side of the enemies so your movement isn't blocked.

which means I should aim the side of enemy not the body, right?

it should not matter what dash through all enamies, laser doors, containers etc anything but hard objects like doors walls consoles etc.

it should also hit all enamies it touched. the only times they might not hit would be due to lag that has lots of effects to how the game works lags could still casue slow firerates and hits not registering and enamies not dying casue there alreaddy dead etc.

enamies do some times block your dash but is very rare.

Edited by wayneo

it deals some damage that anything on it's line is damaged thus turns into pieces by getting slashed and moved a bit,

when you are slash-dashing to a group of Moas or Chargers or even a single Heavies or anything that have more HP than the "dash" damage, it blocks your dash either because there's more HP than the dash damage or and there are another entities behind that thing you are dashing at.

-edit: also, i don't think power duration mod works with slash-dash any longer.

Edited by Adagio

which means I should aim the side of enemy not the body, right?

I'd draw a diagram for clarity but I havent the time.

how's this

don't use slash dash when it's like this;

(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)

(you) (mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)

(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)

as you'll get blocked by mobs and you'll finish your slash dash animation without hitting anything.

(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)

(you)            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------->     

by doing this mobs to either side of you take damage and you can get past them too.

otherwise just use it to evade.

I'll echo that Slash and Dash doesn't seem to hit enemies I move past when I use it, only enemies at the end. I have it maxed out, and have no mods which affect powers equipped. To shamelessly steal a previous example...

(you)            ----------------------------------------------->     

(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(mob)(dead)(dead)(dead)

------------------------------------------------>     (you)

This is what it looks like for me. Notably, until I leveled it S&D seemed to work as advertised, murdering everything on a line including the end.

I'll echo that Slash and Dash doesn't seem to hit enemies I move past when I use it, only enemies at the end. I have it maxed out, and have no mods which affect powers equipped. To shamelessly steal a previous example...

(you)            ----------------------------------------------->     

------------------------------------------------>     (you)

This is what it looks like for me. Notably, until I leveled it S&D seemed to work as advertised, murdering everything on a line including the end.

I can vouch for this, I have a maxed Slash Dash and tried to kill lvl 15 mobs (Grineer and Infested) at various distances. The damage only occurs once excalibar actually swings his sword (Which is at the end of the dash).

also, i don't think power duration mod works with slash-dash any longer.

Just wanted to chime in and state that this is false.  I actually tested it today with a friend, both using rank 3 slash dash, him without continuity, me with a 20% one.  The difference in distance is quite impressive, so much so that I actually found myself flying off of ledges because I wasn't used to the extra reach.

As for the OP's question, slash dash seems to hit mobs that you pass by and around you upon stopping.  You do not want to collide with an enemy, as it more often than not will get you stuck in place, effectively wasting your 25 power.  xStonedRaveNx's diagram is pretty much spot on in terms of how you want to aim your dash.

...Also, make sure to avoid stairs as they often stop slash dash as well.  Now THAT S#&$ is annoying.

edit:  I have noticed that occasionally some mobs that seemed to be perfectly within the line that Excal travels do not take damage.  In my experience, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with them being near the start or the end of the dash, and more to do with how close they are to me when I pass them.  It just seems a bit finicky and buggy at the moment.  I could however be entirely wrong, and there could be some other odd bug at work, so take this last bit with a grain of salt.

Edited by Wriith

try using power damage + mod, my slashdash is working flawlessly, although the one at the end of my slash always got attacked with ridicolous damage when compared to the ones i passed, even a level 55 grineer chaingunner at the end of my slashdash got its health down by like, a quarter

which is a LOT for a 25 energy skill

(although slash dash is the only skill excalibur worth spamming imo)

I haven't tried out Slash Dash yet, but I have Rhino Charge (roughly the same thing, right?).  I've noticed that when I host, I have no problems decimating groups and knocking down whatever I've left standing.  However, if I'm not host, only enemies right at the end are affected, and everything else is left unharmed and un-toppled.  I think lag plays a large huge whole damn role in hit-detection for these two abilities.

I haven't tried out Slash Dash yet, but I have Rhino Charge (roughly the same thing, right?).  I've noticed that when I host, I have no problems decimating groups and knocking down whatever I've left standing.  However, if I'm not host, only enemies right at the end are affected, and everything else is left unharmed and un-toppled.  I think lag plays a large huge whole damn role in hit-detection for these two abilities.

This is correct, and I'm surprised by how many misinformed people posted in this topic already. Slash Dash/Rhino Charge will always work as intended when you're the host of the room. However, if you are not the host, don't expect it to work at all. This is a serious bug that needs to be fixed. (again)

Slash Dash has either been changed, nerfed or is now bugged. I am finding it rather useless now compared to what it was before last couple of patches. Most enemies easily survive it, at least those along its length if not those at the final point, which was not previously the case.

Edit: It is fact that my friend hosts our games now when it used to be me, as we get slightly better performance overall. I guess it is down to that.

Edited by GhostlightX