Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No More Screen Shake!

Smiggy

muh realism

Personally I find it great. Its like a new obstacle that casual players have to hurdle over as they realize not all victories are handed on silver platters.

Refer to image for additional information

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly9q24NoIi1r9xktio1_500.jpg

its not an obstacle, its an completely unneeded annoyance. why the hell should my screen shake like a 10 on the richter scale when someone just swings an axe/hammer, worse yet why do i have to suffer for it with it messing up my aim and making me sick from all the bouncing?

if there are people that really want to keep screen shake for themselves fine but make it an option other players can turn off. tagging obstacle for casual players on it is a crap reason when its something that not only screws up performance but actually makes some people sick.

muh realism

Personally I find it great. Its like a new obstacle that casual players have to hurdle over as they realize not all victories are handed on silver platters.

Dwarf Fortress is challenging, Demon's/Dark Souls is challenging, Battletoads is hard as balls.

You want to know what screen shake is?

It's not challenging, it is not fun, and it's brought to us by someone who thought that it'd be cool to wobble around like a drunk rat.

It's like a random event, like a sandstorm that can whip up anytime, screwing your aim up. It'd be different if it was on a timer, so you could prepare for the shake.

muh realism

There are good ways to implement challenge, and then there are bad ways to implement challenge. If a game has to give someone motion sickness in order for it to be a challenge, then it is not a good way to implement challenge.

This is somewhat akin to having someone stand behind you to bop you on the head with a baseball bat every time a team member uses a melee weapon. Is playing the game difficult? Yes, but that's because there is someone hitting you with a baseball bat and you really need to turn around and stop him before you get brain damage.

It's not because the game itself is difficult, and certainly has nothing to do with the casual/hardcore audience (why does everyone make that comparison?).

What I'm saying is that screenshake from teammates shouldn't shake your screen, or it should at least be optional.

Edited by Quetzhal

I'd rather have screen shake as an option in the video option.

Sometimes i like to play with screen shake, like banshee's ultimate. Really feeling that ground shaking, which is awesome.

But ofc like swinging a scindo it could get annoying.

So maybe make it optional? I cant imagen how lame banshee's ulti would look like without the camera shake.

+1 What the title says

I even get a headache when im using the Amphis in solo. I hardly get headache/motion sickness from games (only very rare when the game is a poor console port and has a to low FOV)

So please DE if the screenshake has to stay in the game, make it optional (or change it so its less annoying) so i can finally use a Heavy Melee Weapon. Thank you :)

agreed, +1  

I like my screen shake from the scindo, Love it actually

But my teammates don't need to have their game interrupted due to it.

Please remove it from everyone's screen and maybe leave it only on the player using the axe or fragor.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

+1  The screen shake is so overdone and has ruined heavy weapons for me.  Half of the content I was looking forward to enjoying is now off the menu.  Why? So I can feel nauseous every time someone swings a hammer?  Please address this!!

I find this "Screen Shaking" good, but...of course it shouldn't affect teammates..,or that Jackal area spam...using a gorgon or a grakata while he's doing that makes you fail all the shots...and the moa's area..etc etc

The screen shake makes me a bit dizzy. I don't know how it is for others, but if more than one person is swinging a heavy weapon I have to stop playing after few minutes.  People can call it whatever they want, realism, difficulty, but when it's physically stopping me from being able to play the game is a bit too far.

You don't need to completely remove it, either tone it down or make an option to disable it.

Personally i would be fine with it if it wasn't global, as in my alley hits a wall with his glaive there goes my screen shaking.  it is way to much at lower resolutions,   The lower your res the worse it is.  I run on a laptop (thing is better than my desktop at the moment) but it can't do higher that 1600 and i have horrible shake issues.  Makes the Snipertron so hard to use sometimes.