The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe Keep Us Entertained Long?

HipsterSal

You know you can right-click, "Copy video URL at current time," right?  

Also: are you sure you linked to the right video?  Because that has a DE dev (sounds like Geoff?) talking about how they're looking into Clan competitions to allow clans to control parts of space or compare dojo builds, and then says 

Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't think it was a big deal to just click on 4 minutes, though.

4 minutes is where PvP is first brought up. At 4:50, after talking about clan competition, he says they'll start building PvP on from there, working on some dueling systems, ability nerfs and PvP specifics mods. From 4 minutes to 6 minutes is the whole PvP discussion. He says "working on some dueling systems" right before the segment you linked me to.

I never said anything about any specific modes of PvP, just that they're adding it in general and that they know what to do about it.

Edited by FatalX7

This game has Zero PvP potential. It is an unneeded feature.

Warframe is Dungeon Crawler type game in a 3d environment with TPS elements. nothing else. No need for clumsy PvP in every damn game.

Dungeon Crawlers have their own audience.

TL;DR: It's another I want PvP thread for no real reason.

Too bad that is your opinion, and this request is for a reason one being that alot of players would like this to be implemented. What will every one do once all plants/levels are beat? Then what? Plus there is a point to online play and that is to compete with others. This game would be excellent to PVP just a matter of figuring out a way to do it and figure out what different game modes could be made. I'm for PVP, I'm sure there are more who agree! :) 

Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't think it was a big deal to just click on 4 minutes, though.

4 minutes is where PvP is first brought up. At 4:50, after talking about clan competition, he says they'll start building PvP on from there, working on some dueling systems, ability nerfs and PvP specifics mods. From 4 minutes to 6 minutes is the whole PvP discussion. He says "working on some dueling systems" right before the segment you linked me to.

Yeah, I know, but there's a lot to parse in there and - since, like I said, it sounds like Geoff the animations/modeling guy, not Steve, the lead guy - I think it needs to be taken with a rather large grain of salt.  They're still giving PVE primacy over PVP, and it seemed to me as if they're still in the internal-debate stage where they talk about how to implement player competition options; it sounds like we'll see the clan competition first (and that seems like it'll be asynchronous - leaderboard vs. leaderboard kind of stuff), then duels, then - if and only if it doesn't break anything already in the game or fill everyone at DE with hate - maybe direct PVP, albeit after a redesign of skills/powers and maybe mods/weapons too.

it's disappointing how someone could plop down money to become a master founder and know nothing about DE's foreseeable plans,

like did you just find out about this game yesterday and drop the cash and buy everything and are QQing now how theres no content?

what we have down the pipe line

- Clan system/Clan focused PVPVE

- Revamping of Bosses to be more than just tank n spank

- more areas 

- Paragon/prestige system for weapon's to give them more polarity slots

- Story based missions

- Borderlands style Dueling

warframe has been out for less than a few months, and just a couple of months ago this game had 1 set of tiles and that was the indoor spaceship corridor, and that was it for the entire solar system, now look at it we have a good amount of varying tiles and stages and even outdoor stages.

so much has changed in only  a few months time, you are so jaded by the fact that you can play it without a key but the fact it this game is very much in a closed beta state just open to everyone. 

most games take years of development before going into a closed beta state let alone an open beta state, this game has barely been in development for little over a year before going open beta.

to put things into perspective ill use grinding gear games since they are also a ARPG with randomly generated rooms and also a very small dev team just like DE.

Path of exile went in development in 2007  before announcing it's existence on September 1st 2010 then stayed in closed beta till January 23 of 2013 when they finally went into open beta.

so that is 6 years of development, and you're complaining that this game has no content while its only been in development for a little over a year?

next time do a little bit of research before dropping cash on a game that's in a beta state then QQing because its not a finished game.

Edited by Jeffrywinkles

Yeah, I know, but there's a lot to parse in there and - since, like I said, it sounds like Geoff the animations/modeling guy, not Steve, the lead guy - I think it needs to be taken with a rather large grain of salt.  They're still giving PVE primacy over PVP, and it seemed to me as if they're still in the internal-debate stage where they talk about how to implement player competition options; it sounds like we'll see the clan competition first (and that seems like it'll be asynchronous - leaderboard vs. leaderboard kind of stuff), then duels, then - if and only if it doesn't break anything already in the game or fill everyone at DE with hate - maybe direct PVP, albeit after a redesign of skills/powers and maybe mods/weapons too.

Well, Steve already talked about dueling in the Twitch chat a couple live streams ago, (which I had mentioned in addition to PAX, but I gave no specifics on who, as I didn't see it as being important) after PAX, I think. But, you had to be there and there's no way to prove it.

Regardless of who it sounds like, I don't think a staff member would say they're adding something that they're not adding, or without getting the "Ok!" to bring it up in the first place.

Edited by FatalX7

Aside from the PvP aspect, I think the OP has a point regarding what players will do once they have accomplished their goals of accumulating frames and weapons.

I am not sure what DE has plans to do; I can only see potential boredom if there is little to do once all planets are unlocked and weapons/frames gained.

It would be nice to see some runs completely outdoors with "other" worldly terrain and atmosphere.

To be honest I think the lack of communication working in the game is a bigger issue by far, since it seems players are together but isolated from talking to one another.

I have a feeling once WarFrame is released it will slowly decay, I say this because this game only

has PvE (Player Versus Environment) content (At the moment).

Collecting frames and weapons along with mods is pretty much the main goal here, to make our characters stronger.

But what is going to keep us playing? Yea new map layouts are being added and so are weapons and weapon skins.

But most missions are repetitive and monotonous and you basically do that for all the systems in order to get the end planet you want to go to.

I just have the feeling it won't be enough, for the most part all we have been doing is farming end planets for materials to make weapons and frames.

In my opinion it is really grindy, i see people posting on the wikia page of warframe saying they have over 50+ runs for

certain blueprints or drops in general.

it's a PITA when you have to grind the same planet for hours and get no reward. Unless you're a lucky bastard and get everything in one run, then i hate you.

What i want to see is PvP. And not just small maps like cod, i mean open world battlegrounds where you can fight and conquer strongholds ect.

This game has so much PvP potential it would be a waste not to put some development time into it.

Once players finish all the systems, collect all the frames and weapons they desire, what will they have left to do?

This is just my opinion on where warframe should direct some of it's resources, because I am a pvp meat head and would like to see my warframe mow down other players......Thoughts?

I mean no disrespect to you but in what way is this a productive post? The game is still in development, still in beta, so why ask such a ridiculous question, it is like been in first grade and asking to your classmates if College would be worth?

Here was my idea for the first room of a dungeon. It didnt get a lot of responses so I must assume it wasn't as great a suggestion as I thought it was hehe. Anyway this is one direction they could go in eventually. The other direction would be just to create more content to grind through and for, like new factions,weapons and warframes. or they could do both, no one knows for sure but the devs.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33458-an-idea-for-1-portion-of-endgame/

My hopes for end game is just more content. It doesn't need to be pumped out rapidly, but if they continue to follow the PvE model while giving us some overall endgame goal that would be swell by me. The addition of clan missions is a step in the right direction because it encourages coordinated group play. If the devs focus more on creating enjoyable PvE content I see no reason why PvP should be added.

I shall refer you to ME3.

That game has been out for a year now with a PvE only multiplayer, and is STILL fairly active.

As long as they keep releasing new material, people will keep playing.  It's not for everyone, but there is an audience for PvE multiplayer.

I thought about the same a few days ago. Though, I believe PvP is not the answer.

First of all. This game was designed for PvE gameplay. Nothing that we have right now has potential for an entertaining PvP. I am highlighting "entertaining" here.

But I do not know what the devs have in mind here for the future.

Instead, we need to improve the PvE aspect of the game.

I am suggesting 2 things:

Real (noticable) progression and more difficult "special" challenges with great rewards.

More challenging (variable) boss fights.

What I am thinking about in detail is explained here:

What I am missing are some really challenging PvE moments. What this game needs is some real growth in difficulty from lvl 0 to lvl 60 (or higher) enemies. At the current state you just grind one map after another and you progress and get stronger alongside with your enemies. It feels like the same over and over again because the enemies progress just as fast as you.

(A little sidestory)

I remember when I "fast forwarded" to an Mobile Defense mission on Ceres against Grineer. I had so much fun in that mission. 2 players of our squad had some more progression than we had and it was noticable. The enemies took a lot of hits and came in huge waves. I was overwhelmed but I managed to stay alive and help the team defend. I never noticed the impact of progression until then and I was so much entertained. Thats what is missing when you have a lvl 30 warframe with Orcin Reactor and all the mods you need. You are not getting challenged anymore after that. And before that you only get challenged when you skip a few difficulties.

I am currently progessing in Pluto so I am expecting a few more challenges but what I want are some special challenges for players that progressed far into the game. Something that I cannot do until I got the right gear. Something that rewards me for accomblishing the challenge.

What comes first into my mind are bosses. Bosses are currently quite easy. Once you know what they are capable of you just kite them and shoot them until the die or your ammo runs out. Why are doing bosses the same thing over and over again? Why are their fighting patterns not shifting? How about 2 or 3 phases of fighting that require new tactics to defeat him? I say, make the KI random just like maps are. So you get to know what the boss is capable of but each time you fight him you need to discover what kind of sets of moves the current AI has in store so you can start comming up with a counter strategie.

Additionally, every boss needs to be more unique. Thats why everyone enjoyed fighting the Jackal. But I believe bosses could be a lot more entertaining.

Why is it always PvP? 99 of 100 F2P games are PvP based and im sick of it.

And here is one nice Coop PvE F2P and people want that to turn into a pvp game aswell...

What i would like to keep me motivated:

Difficulty Selection for Missions (like ME3 Multiplayer has) that offers better rewards

Challenges and Achievements (yes i actually like Achievements!)

New Maps and Enemies

More tactical Bossfights(maybe multistage)

Better AI

And on the Bottom of my list: new weapons and warframes(very low priority for me, but aparently high priority for the Devs, probably because they are a lot easier to make)

I second this

I agree also.  I don't think PvP will benefit the game.  In fact, every other game that I have played which tried to crunch PvP and PvE togther ended up with situations where PvP balance negatively impacted the PvE gameplay.

No thanks.

I'd MUCH rather see some focus on High Level challenges.  What about a "Boss Level" for endgame frames?  While I've always hated traditional raiding in MMOs, I do like the idea of a large level where players could work their way through a mission with 5 or 6 boss fights which drop uniwue things.  I'd play this over and over both solo and grouped. 

I think at higher levels you could have mission "raid" type where you can fight bosses in stages, like in this room you get a level 20, next room a level 30, next a level 40 and so on and so on. All the bosses with many minions and flying bomb droppers and protected by flying thingies etc etc.

Edited by Kantazo

Warframe is Dungeon Crawler type game in a 3d environment with TPS elements. nothing else. No need for clumsy PvP in every damn game.

This game has plenty of PvP potential. Have you ever played Phantasy Star Online? This game and that one are practically the exact same game in terms of gameplay, style, layout, even levels and weaponry and sentinels, and the pvp in that game was great.

This game has plenty of PvP potential. Have you ever played Phantasy Star Online? This game and that one are practically the exact same game in terms of gameplay, style, layout, even levels and weaponry and sentinels, and the pvp in that game was great.

Ah, Phantasy Star...

They even talked about PSO's Mags when they first revealed Sentinels. Bit of influence, there.

This +1

Edited by Whirrun

In my opinion it is really grindy, i see people posting on the wikia page of warframe saying they have over 50+ runs for certain blueprints or drops in general. it's a PITA when you have to grind the same planet for hours and get no reward......Once players finish all the systems, collect all the frames and weapons they desire, what will they have left to do?

The key to it all is whether the grind itself is actually fun. In this game, I'd say it is....absolutely. 

No idea what players do once they have "everything", but surely "everything" takes a LONG time. I've been playing 3 weeks and am only just able to build my 2nd warframe tonight. By the time I have "everything" I will either have gotten bored and moved on, or new endgame content will be out. Either way, I win.

Back when I played LOL beta I thought it was S#&$ and a cheap copy of Dota in Frozen Throne. I thought I was going to be bored too. Look were that game stands now. Then again LOL was a different type of game entirely.

Just a food for thought

It's a horrible example really. League of Legends is a PvP game. PvP games last as long as it's not ruined by devs or while the playerbase is there. Competing with other players makes a game last longer, because it's the nature of humans to be competitive. 

And honestly, even when i like Warframe, i don't see myself playing this game for very long. Only thing that keeps me is the new content and ability to experiment with setups and to jump around like ninja while killing stuff (it will get boring eventually)