Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Some Resource Are So Crucial But So Narrowly Distributed?

Jaxxun

Resource like Rubedo and Alloy Plate are so crucial to build new items, but why are they so narrowly distributed ?? i think this greatly restrict gaming experience.  

i believe most players just keeping going back to Earth and Venus for these resouces, at least thats what i've been doing for the last several days. it's getting boring.

IGN's review of Warframe said Repetitiveness is a big problem in this game. can't agree more

its not only just saying that different mission types, despite its extermination, spy or raid, are basically for players doing the same thing, now as players keep going back to the same mission for resources, the whole experience is becoming even more repetitive.

why not spread the distribution of Rubedo and Alloy plate to other planet, so no matter how much u been explored, u dont need to go back to previous game which usually already been too easy for you.

i've also been think about how can this game enhance its experience and increase engagement with players, and comeup with the idea of random events that happens during normal missions.

1. melee only mode : which ask players to use only melee attack and limited number usage of skills to finish a mission. for example in such mission, to use skills, players have to wait for countdown for skills to cooldown , so the use of melee attackh can be stressed. adding some tension to such mission, it can be set in a senerio/random event of players went into a trap, surrounded by dozens of enemies and have to fight their way out.

2. hit & run: combine the unique movement with shooting, asking players to keep running and sliding to get through ruins, like uncharted experience, at the same time, shooting anything blocking their path.

this random event may be difficult to achieve as it requries huge change and much stronger server maybe, but i just want to share these with everyone here, and hopefully encourage more great ideas to make this game we love better and better

PS: english is not my native language, i applogize for the incorrect grammar and spelling above.

1. Europa and Sedna also have Rubedo dropped in a reasonable amount. The level of mobs isn't too high and the level is generally good since it's mostly Corpus outpost map which was expanded in a recent patch. Sedna and Ceres also have Alloy plate. They are not narrowly distributed, not anymore anyway.

2. More missions will be added, along with redesigned boss, clan system with clan vs clan feature.

Do more research and watch the livestream. 

Very good post though. I agree with what's being said. Resources need to be distributed and repetitiveness needs to be minimalized. It does get boring after a while going back to Earth over and over again for Rubedo. (and now with the new patch it's killing me even more)

Note: I like the restricting idea. Some of the missions I've had the most fun on are with only myself and one other player with near equal levels. We need to use strategy a LOT more to manage mobs and ammo. There's also much more comunication between players this way. Super fun.

Edited by simeo77

Ive spent far more time in games past farming resources for days, maybe even weeks to make something. This games grind is nothing to complain about for resources.

Now the drop rate of some blueprints needs to be looked at. I was lucky on my frost blueprints. Some people have run that assassination mission close to 50 times and only have one part. Now that is a issue, not killing mobs and checking lockers for resources.

Ive spent far more time in games past farming resources for days, maybe even weeks to make something. This games grind is nothing to complain about for resources.

Now the drop rate of some blueprints needs to be looked at. I was lucky on my frost blueprints. Some people have run that assassination mission close to 50 times and only have one part. Now that is a issue, not killing mobs and checking lockers for resources.

I actually have not had any issues with BP drops. Sure I had to run the mission a few times but it wasn't so bad.

The MMO games I ran in the past did have a lengier grind on some resources, but there was a trading system and game economy where players could trade/purchase resources from each other. I have 10k Vitality mods I may never use. I'd gladly trade one mod for even 10 rubedo.

Edit: I've never run for Frost BP's so maybe it's just frost? Trinity, Volt, and Rhino BP's have been easier to find for me than Rubedo.

Edited by simeo77

Alloy Plate is being a massive pain to farm to the point that the game is more annoying than fun. I desire a weapon, and I am willing to put a bit of time into it. The problem is that it is low level areas and the RNG of a good run or a bad run is huge.

I think the problem is that the most used materials are the hardest to farm. Not really hard, just that compared with other resources they take a lot more work. There are just so many BP that use ALLOY PLATE and RUBEDO while you have over 20k of FERRITE, SALVAGE, POLYMER BUNDLE and NANO SPORES rotting in your inventory.

It seems that with each new BP added, the demand for ALLOY PLATE and RUBEDO increases, while the huge amounts of other materials stay there in your inventory. In Update 7 we saw an attempt at 'balancing' the resources, Paris and a couple of weapons required NANO SPORES and CIRCUITS, but since Update 7 I haven't really saw any new BP that used the excess materials.

Just because 1 out of 20 weapons requires NANO SPORES doesn't mean that my grinding life is going to be much easier, or pleasant. Farming for the same 2-3 materials becomes boring pretty fast.

Edited by Kohira

Alloy Plate is being a massive pain to farm to the point that the game is more annoying than fun. I desire a weapon, and I am willing to put a bit of time into it. The problem is that it is low level areas and the RNG of a good run or a bad run is huge.

You have not been playing in Sedena.  Do some defense missions.  100+ a run.

I think the problem is that the most used materials are the hardest to farm. Not really hard, just that compared with other resources they take a lot more work. There are just so many BP that use ALLOY PLATE and RUBEDO while you have over 20k of FERRITE, SALVAGE, POLYMER BUNDLE and NANO SPORES rotting in your inventory.

It seems that with each new BP added, the demand for ALLOY PLATE and RUBEDO increases, while the huge amounts of other materials stay there in your inventory. In Update 7 we saw an attempt at 'balancing' the resources, Paris and a couple of weapons required NANO SPORES and CIRCUITS, but since Update 7 I haven't really saw any new BP that used the excess materials.

Just because 1 out of 20 weapons requires NANO SPORES doesn't mean that my grinding life is going to be much easier, or pleasant. Farming for the same 2-3 materials becomes boring pretty fast.

You never know what the future weapons will hold.  But... I would think Alloy Plates would be required to build anything made of metal...

It's just a normal F2P grind mechanic; a bottleneck and a timesink for free players to utilize in order to get new parts of the game.

There's really no other way to put it. It's an artificial time-lengthener in the form of grinding, and if you don't really enjoy the base game, then you aren't going to enjoy grinding it up. Making Alloy Plates and Rubedo plentiful would actually harm the longevity of the game, but at the same time people may become too frustrated with the grind and leave. It's a difficult balance to obtain.

Perhaps a "refinement" option in the foundry. I believe ferrite says something about used in grineer crafting, and alloy plate says something about heavy plates used in grineer armor. Perhaps refine ferrite into alloy plates using a bp from the market. Rubedo, like orokin cells and nano spores (i don't know). you get the idea.

Perhaps a "refinement" option in the foundry. I believe ferrite says something about used in grineer crafting, and alloy plate says something about heavy plates used in grineer armor. Perhaps refine ferrite into alloy plates using a bp from the market. Rubedo, like orokin cells and nano spores (i don't know). you get the idea.

That's a good idea! I have tons of other resources and I'm sure everybody does. It would be good to be able to refine those resources into other "more useful" ones.

Go to Pluto for Rubedo (highest level mobs/ highest quantity of rubedo per item) and for Alloy Plate I recommend Mobile Defense on Kiste.Much easier than standard grineer defense as they have to go through doors and get in close to shoot the objective rather than circle it at a long range. Of course it can take some time to get strong enough to do these levels, but otherwise just play the highest level you can (Sedna is not bad for Alloy and Earth for Rubedo).

i've also been think about how can this game enhance its experience and increase engagement with players, and comeup with the idea of random events that happens during normal missions.

Go to GameFaqs.com and search any pre-2000 game for "Challenge Mode FAQs" ... people used to do those things - for themselves! for fun! just to keep things fresh, to compete with friends, for bragging rights.

Inflicting them at random upon unsuspecting players - "during normal missions" is unfriendly.   No need for them to be coded into the game.

Wow, I'm honestly surprised by how few people seem to know about Ceres.  Why on Earth would anyone bother going back to Venus for this stuff?  That's a terrible idea.

I will agree, however, that distribution of costs among components needs some work.  I probably have more nano-spores than any thousand players will use for the entirety of their gametime, but am always low on Alloy Plate.

That's actually a good idea.  It makes good use of the excess of the other materials that we almost never use.

Barring this, though, I agree that resource distribution could be a little better.

I realize that planets like Pluto or Ceres would be good places to farm for stuff like Rubedo (which, admittedly, I've been jonesing for lately - damn the 500 Rubedo required for Ash Helmets!) - if there were multiple people who were working on the same mission to help out with the mobs.

The problem here is, whenever I go to these sectors to try a mission, there're almost never any active squads there, and the levels are, in my opinion, so high that it becomes very difficult to try to solo these missions.

I think this is why people go back to sectors like Earth for materials like this.

That's actually a good idea.  It makes good use of the excess of the other materials that we almost never use.

Barring this, though, I agree that resource distribution could be a little better.

I realize that planets like Pluto or Ceres would be good places to farm for stuff like Rubedo (which, admittedly, I've been jonesing for lately - damn the 500 Rubedo required for Ash Helmets!) - if there were multiple people who were working on the same mission to help out with the mobs.

The problem here is, whenever I go to these sectors to try a mission, there're almost never any active squads there, and the levels are, in my opinion, so high that it becomes very difficult to try to solo these missions.

I think this is why people go back to sectors like Earth for materials like this.

Yeah I'm at the point were I'm trying to clear the higher level planets and there are like maybe 2-3 active squads doing missions I haven't unlocked yet. Even jumping in early doesn't guarantee that somebody is coming to help you in a few minutes. So while doable, its a slog and takes twice as long as having even one other person to help with mobs. I think one of the main reasons they tweak the credit rewards on missions was to get more players active in the higher level planets.