Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Mods

Malikon

While I was browsing through the Syndicate rewards, I've noticed that many (if not most) of the weapon mod rewards were for weapons that are either unpopular or unable to keep up with people's expectations of what a weapon should do.  I dont feel this type of mod properly represents the effort to secure loyalty to a Syndicate.

What I would propose would be Syndicate weapon mods that have neat functions such as (but not limited to):

- Converts X% of all physical damage to Slash/Impact/Puncture damage

- Converts X% of all elemental damage to Heat/Cold/Electricity/Toxic/Viral/Corrosive/Blast/Radiation/Gas/Magnetic

- Limits weapon to proccing only physical status debuffs *

- Limits weapon to proccing only elemental status debuffs *

- Allows weapon to damage objects/mobiles regardless of what state of "rift" they are in.

- Increases burstfire rate by X%

- Reduces damage falloff of shotguns by X%

These are just ideas that drastically change the way a weapon is used without directly adding "moar damage".  If something like this were put into effect, underappreciated weapons would need to be fixed accordingly and I would also suggest NOT allowing syndicate weapon mods to be traded.

Subnote:  These could be specified down to specific status debuffs. (such as only allows the weapon to proccing corrosive or slash)

Thoughts?

Edited by Malikon

no, i like it the way it is now, if the syndicate mods do their job properly now we can have more "end-game" weapons instead of just a bunch that can be counted with the fingers of one hand. I mean your ideas are good but i want the mods to stay related to specific underused weapons, i don't need my beast Boltor Prime to overshadow my other weapons any more that it does already.

I would rather they fix the underused weapons themselves and stop trying to artificially herd us into using things that we don't want to use, and then give us Syndicate weapon mods worth working for. 

After reading and re-reading your post Orbister, I am very curious how you believe those ideas I listed would make your Boltor Prime any better or worse than it already is.  The things I proposed changes how things work, but does not ADD damage.  Your other weapons would still be just as overshadowed as you always felt they were.  I'm also curious how you came to the conclusion that the things I suggested wouldn't result in more endgame weapons?  Honestly, I dont really feel like you even read what I posted, but merely knee-jerked.

Edited by Malikon

Just because there is a few of the mods focused on the "unpopular" weapons, does not represent the entirety of the syndicate long term rewards... DE has mentioned and it is a work in progress... and more will come. I am sure more weapons and abilities will be covered.

Suggestions are good, and I would not be surprised that some of these may actually be taken in consideration for the next big syndicate related update.

I would rather they fix the underused weapons themselves and stop trying to artificially herd us into using things that we don't want to use, and then give us Syndicate weapon mods worth working for. 

After reading and re-reading your post Orbister, I am very curious how you believe those ideas I listed would make your Boltor Prime any better or worse than it already is.  The things I proposed changes how things work, but does not ADD damage.  Your other weapons would still be just as overshadowed as you always felt they were.  I'm also curious how you came to the conclusion that the things I suggested wouldn't result in more endgame weapons?  Honestly, I dont really feel like you even read what I posted, but merely knee-jerked.

No, sorry i wasn't clear, i wasn't referring to your ideas particularly, actually i said they are very ones, what i meant is that i like the way they are handling this, instead of reinforcing less choice they are reinforcing bigger choice... at least theorically, what i mean is that if your ideas were implemented, or any change to syndicate's mods actually, i would like them to go on the same direction they are now, instead of reinforcing already strong "god-tier" items i would prefer that they keep trying to improve other weapons, for example... that multishot mod exclusive for Hek... that's one sweet mod... although Hek is not a bad weapon, it has suffered (like many others) from the power creep decisions DE has made in the past.

That is kind of the point though Orbister.  Hek should be popular and useful because Hek is good and useful, not because it has a proprietary mod that makes it useful.  What makes Hek, Acrid, Mire or any of the other weapons blessed with these proprietary mods more special than say Braton Prime, Dual Ethers, Cernos?

The point of my idea isn't to reinforce the already strong weapons, but to allow the weapons the user LIKES to receive the bonuses of Syndicate weapon mods.  The bonuses of these mods modify how the weapon is used, not increases the damage it does.  This makes more options for weapons that arent readily useful, or only useful for one faction, because of their damage types.  Or because they have damage falloff, or because they have too many damage types and cant reliably proc what you want.

By moving towards the route I suggested with the mods and applying updates and fixes to the underused/unappreciated weapons, players would receive many more choices of useful weapons than the way it currently works.  What you asked for in your previous post (instead of reinforcing already strong "god-tier" items i would prefer that they keep trying to improve other weaponst) is exactly what my idea gives.

Edited by Malikon