Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fall Of Loki In Dark Sectors - Post U15 Review

REDHOOOD

Hey everyone, 

First of all to establish credibility, my KD ratio is 4513:580, and Loki-Prime is my second main PvP frame. Over the past week I have solely used Loki for PvP, while testing variations of Mods, weapons, and play styles - I found he is only viable with a hand-holding team. 

The problems:

1) Awkward polarity orders:

I love the D polarity as the first slot and - polarity as the third; but beyond that, it does not solve the inherit problem with loki, his dependency on cloak. 

2) Cloak duration scales too underwhelming-ly with level: 

Since U15 require rank 3 to unlock invisibility, its duration is 5, 7, 9 12 seconds for level 1-4 respectively. The last level of cloak is at rank 25 (my best approximation because I haven't been reaching max rank with Loki recently). This creates obvious survival problems, when the entire frame is built around having a uniquely longer invisibility skill. 

3) Underwhelming abilities, which are ineffective in DS PvP:

Decoy is... well an obvious decoy and deals no damage; Switch teleport will get you killed if you are not cloaked (please see problem above); and Radial disarm... fails to Disarm Tennos and deals minuscule damage. 

4) Being a "Squish-ki":

Because of its clear advantages of being invisible, his health and shields must remain low - it makes sense. However,  low scaling for invisibility compounded with sub-par shields and Vit, diminishes his value in DS PvP. Please note: I use cover, Terrain, coptering, and teamwork. I do not blindly run out in the open fire like Arnold in "commando".

Possible solutions:

1) Move the D polarity on bottom row of Loki prime to the top row.

This will help Loki get a defensive mod earlier. 

2) Cut out the middle man when level scaling. 

Have Invisibility, scale 7,9,12 for level 1-3, respectively; or 5, 9, 12 for level 1-3, respectively. - instead of the current level 1-4. 

3) Make his underused abilities more viable or decrease the cost. 

Allow decoys to inflict minor damage or give them movement; switch teleport... something; radial disarm.... something. Or lower Invisibility cost from 50, so we can use it more. 

4) Small increases to shield, armour, or vit:

Nothing big, just an increase of like 50 points for shields or health, or add 10 armour - so I don't get KOed by 1 acrid dart.

Although I focused this review on Loki, he is not the only frame that suffers post patch: Mirage, Banshee, and Trinity are also victims of being on the losing end Post-patch. I decided to make a review for Loki because I understand him best. 

Please share your thoughts and feedback. 

Red

Edited by REDHOOOD

1. Polarize one extra polarity on him, re-arrange polarities accordingly

2. Make the first mod you obtain a continuity mod

3. A power efficiency and range build makes both these abilities fantastic. Decoy to block bullets/Switch tp to higher vantage points; Disarm to stagger/Snowball. If you have the right build(A radial disarm build possibly) disarm can two shot drop most frames(with the exclusion of tank frames such as Rhino/Zephyr and possibly Valkyr).

4. Grab a nice burst fire rifle or long range weapon. Sit back and farm for a couple levels. Another solution to this could be incorporating vigor. As long as you remain hidden or out of fire he'll be fine.

1. Polarize one extra polarity on him, re-arrange polarities accordingly

2. Make the first mod you obtain a continuity mod

3. A power efficiency and range build makes both these abilities fantastic. Decoy to block bullets/Switch tp to higher vantage points; Disarm to stagger/Snowball. If you have the right build(A radial disarm build possibly) disarm can two shot drop most frames(with the exclusion of tank frames such as Rhino/Zephyr and possibly Valkyr).

4. Grab a nice burst fire rifle or long range weapon. Sit back and farm for a couple levels. Another solution to this could be incorporating vigor. As long as you remain hidden or out of fire he'll be fine.

1) Forma-ed Polarities and Auras do not count in Dark sectors. 

2) again, only default polarities count. 

3) Power effieciency kills duration (Use streamline only). 

4) You cannot hide forever on DS maps - there really are not that many places to hide - especially if you are fighting 1v4, which I do daily. You saw my record right? 

Edit: I did not achieve that record by ignoring PvP basics. e.g. Glassy frames - glass cannons 

Edited by REDHOOOD