Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expanded Hacking Suggestion

Feam

This thread here got me thinking...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/33744-hacking-leftright-click-minor-nuisance/#entry308865

it was possibly suggested before, but I'll give it a shot

Now, I'm not suggesting an expansion on the Hacking system. I'm suggesting an expansion on the expansion that Steve has already mentioned before.

I assume he has talked about this several times beforehand, but last time I remember was in Livestream #3.

He said how currently there is a limited amount of small hacking patterns, and there are plans for bigger / different / more complex ones.

I don't know what he meant EXACTLY, but if we are keeping a hacking system similar to the current one, I have this suggestion in mind.

My idea: The ability to rotate the panels / wires simply by holding LMB on them and moving your mouse around, at least in the advanced / harder / longer Hacking patterns. (yet this could also be a possibilty in the normal ones!)

Much more fluid, intuitive, and potentially faster control for hacking. 

Obviously enough, the lines have to connect or it would look like a drunken cluster instead of a pattern - so after you release LMB and stop dragging the panel, it would snap to the nearest sensible location on its own while you spin the next one.

Alternatively, the movement itself would be in complete snapping (These are tightly placed hexagons after all, showing them truly spinning might be weird), but it would still feel more fluid with a click&drag / hold&spin fashion, Whatever you want to call it.

Thoughts?