Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Into Mission With Time Delay Recently

DarkRuler2500

Question

Recently since the Archwing Patch i have noticed, that i join the match with extremely delay.

For example, i am on my ship and i made a crew consisting of me and 3 other mates of mine.

Then we start a mission and the loading starts. Earlier we simply started approximately at the same time +/- 5 seconds more or less.

Since the Archwing Patch i am sometimes still in the loading while my mates can walk freely since 20 to 30 seconds already. What is this? And how can i fix this? Or is this a known bug? If yes, fix this please, Devs!

6 answers to this question

You should try using the "Optimize" function in the settings of your Warframe launcher if you haven't already, that may or may not make your game load a bit faster.

I hope this helps because otherwise I have no clue on what is causing your load times to be so long.

This actually started before Update 15, it was shortly after Update 14, where they updated it so that slow-loading users won't hold up the squad starting the mission. As Firsteen mentioned, since you're only hitting this after Update 15, you should run the optimization on the launcher.

On an off note, this, host election, and key missions do not get along very well. Host election will often prefer people other than those who would load slowly, and if said person is the one using a key, the mission may start without them, which can result in the mission automatically failing. I also don't know what affect this might have on the spawn chances of assassins like the Grustrag 3 and Stalker, who have increased chances with larger squads.

^Yeah, this.

I knew I remember seeing something about the loading changes. The key host thing is fairly annoying sometimes. When the host's game freezes or loads too slowly, the rest fo the team starts up the game. This eventually results in failing since the "host" isn't there. Very annoying...