Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rhino Warframe needs tweaking/buffs.

Enfo

As it is right now, the Rhino Warframe is decent, but very edgy and clumsy, which is really sad because the idea of the class is great.

Rhino charge is pretty imbalanced, leaving most things that you charge dead when not hitting hit, but just bypassing it, and never kills anything you hit spot on, sometimes it even just stops.

You can't use rhino charge when facing slopes/stairs going upwards either as they just straight up stops you.

I honestly feel that this skill should have the biggest punishment to targets that are hit spot on, and not everything around it.

Iron Skin is the only skill on Rhino that i really feel is balanced out the way it should be on a "tank" class which Rhino supposedly is. It scales great as you level it up and really gives you the feeling of being a tank when used. Nothing should be changed about this. The only thing that really bothers me is (bug?) when you use Rhino Charge after Iron Skin the Rhino Charge will cancel out the Iron Skin effect.

Radial Blast is quite clumsy... It really only seems to be a worse version of the Rhino's Ultimate, "Rhino Stomp", and i have never really seen any reason to use it over Rhino charge since it does close to no damage, and that i'd rather spend my energy on Iron Skin or Rhino Charge. This ability could really use a switchout with something else as i feel it is too similar to Rhino Stomp, yet even worse and not worth using at all. Should be reworked to something else in my oppinion.

Rhino Stomp is an overall bad ultimate for its cost. It sure does knock down targets but the way it works you can get way more bang for your buck using Rhino Charge 4 times, especially against bosses. The damage is also close to nothing and the slow/aoe knockdown effect you get from it really doesn't help much for such a high cost. It would either need a damage boost or something that makes it even worth using.

Right now the only two skills i find a use of is Rhino Charge and Iron Skin. The other two just feels way too expensive in energy cost for what they do.

Edited by Enfo

You find Rhino Charge useful? My melee attacks do more damage and cost no energy so I thought it was pretty useless as well.

I think the Iron Skin is overpowered actually. It's description says that you get a damage reduction but it flat out makes you invulnerable. It's the only thing useful on him so in that respect its balanced but other than that I think being invulnerable seems a little silly.

Then again I think a lot of the warframe abilities are useless or need tweaking so its hard to call anything balanced yet just feels very unfinished.

You find Rhino Charge useful? My melee attacks do more damage and cost no energy so I thought it was pretty useless as well.

I think the Iron Skin is overpowered actually. It's description says that you get a damage reduction but it flat out makes you invulnerable. It's the only thing useful on him so in that respect its balanced but other than that I think being invulnerable seems a little silly.

Then again I think a lot of the warframe abilities are useless or need tweaking so its hard to call anything balanced yet just feels very unfinished.

Well, i find the Charge useful in the manner of taking down multiple normal targets in 1 charge, other than that it's not really that useful.

I do agree that the Iron Skin might be a little overpowered due to the long time effect, but being invulnerable might not be a bad idea. Then again tweaking it to last the same amount of time and then instead grant a damage reduction bonus would probably work great.

Alot of classes are quite bad and imbalanced right now when it comes to abilities, but i just felt going through the Rhino as i have been testing him out a lot lately.

As it is right now, the Rhino Warframe is decent, but very edgy and clumsy, which is really sad because the idea of the class is great.

Rhino charge is pretty imbalanced, leaving most things that you charge dead when not hitting hit, but just bypassing it, and never kills anything you hit spot on, sometimes it even just stops.

You can't use rhino charge when facing slopes/stairs going upwards either as they just straight up stops you.

I honestly feel that this skill should have the biggest punishment to targets that are hit spot on, and not everything around it.

Iron Skin is the only skill on Rhino that i really feel is balanced out the way it should be on a "tank" class which Rhino supposedly is. It scales great as you level it up and really gives you the feeling of being a tank when used. Nothing should be changed about this. The only thing that really bothers me is (bug?) when you use Rhino Charge after Iron Skin the Rhino Charge will cancel out the Iron Skin effect.

Radial Blast is quite clumsy... It really only seems to be a worse version of the Rhino's Ultimate, "Rhino Stomp", and i have never really seen any reason to use it over Rhino charge since it does close to no damage, and that i'd rather spend my energy on Iron Skin or Rhino Charge. This ability could really use a switchout with something else as i feel it is too similar to Rhino Stomp, yet even worse and not worth using at all.

Rhino Stomp is an overall bad ultimate for its cost. It sure does knock down targets but the way it works you can get way more bang for your buck using Rhino Charge 4 times, especially against bosses. The damage is also close to nothing and the slow/aoe knockdown effect you get from it really doesn't help much for such a high cost. It would either need a damage boost or something that makes it even worth using.

Right now the only two skills i find a use of is Rhino Charge and Iron Skin. The other two just feels way too expensive in energy cost for what they do.

I really like Rhino Charge. Good damage, good range, and a knockdown to boot. Great for clearing clustered/lined up packs of mobs quickly, and great to damage/CC a boss.

Iron Skin is brilliant, and I use this a lot.

Not even bothered getting Radial Blast yet, so can't comment on that.

Rhino Stomp has found it's uses for me in clutch situations (being swarmed, fairly long duration CC on bosses) and it's hilarious to watch. I think the damage could be buffed somewhat though, and the energy cost is pretty damn hefty.

After getting my rhino to lvl 20 (still waiting for the reactor to complete=lvl15 mods and upgrades) i can only agree with yours above.

The charge is fun versus infected, when they come close in a line Bash> Bash< Bash>, but thats about it.

Well its great for mobility, slidelanding sommersault to charge lvl 2 covers about 30 meters, if you cast it in the air you can jump to a far away platform to revive a mate for example.

iron skin is okay i guess, most frames have some sort of safety button, i would even agree to skip the invulnearabilty for a decent dmg reduction.

the stomp is outright useless, low dmg, small area. how about you throw away the whole dmg part and add a slow to this thang and make everyone aggro to rhino? even turrets and 'sploding barrels run for the half-ton tank.

I see a big red rhino charging in, aggro stomping and iron skinning while the rest of the team do their stuff around him. he could easily steal aggro if someone is not nearby that way.

Hes soooo bulky, he needs extra armor points!!!!1111oneoneoneeleven

That would be reasonable, give him like triple the base armor of squishy ash or something like that and noone will bully him for being a fatty again. (haz happend before!)

when youre flying a lvl30 loki with all the fancy stuff and go back to a low lvl rhino you really start to ask yourself how this is going to be tanky.

See you in space, Cowboy!

Totally agree, rhino is supposed to be the brawler of the warframes and It absolutly don't feel that way. Maybe everywarframe could have something more than just different special abilities. Like loki could have increase accuary and damage with snipers while rhino have lower accuary with weapons but increased melee weapons damage and armor.

I've just got my rhino out from crafting and i'm a bit disapointed. It don't feel at all like the descreption said, the heaviest warframe...

Radial Blast is quite clumsy... It really only seems to be a worse version of the Rhino's Ultimate, "Rhino Stomp", and i have never really seen any reason to use it over Rhino charge since it does close to no damage, and that i'd rather spend my energy on Iron Skin or Rhino Charge. This ability could really use a switchout with something else as i feel it is too similar to Rhino Stomp, yet even worse and not worth using at all.

May i ask you what godamn level are you? 11? have you even maxxed radial blast? becuse i can assure you its the strongest ability rhino has, oneshot everything around u except for special mobs, but take half their hp and knock them down.

1 rank is not that great but once you have it maxxed its awsome.

What i do feel is however that the iron skin is just silly and chould get changed to take 80% less damage, and forces everyone around you to focus fire you.

It's specially annoying when you manage to clog up to 20 infected infront of you just to do some lolz charge with the Rhino, only to find out the Rhino charge doesn't actually stomp enemies, it shoves them aside and they either take dmg and fall over or explode, but if you have 20 dudes infront of you you end up getting blocked and the charge hits maybe 5 enemies.

And yes for the warframe differences, make him slower when moving and/or when swinging weapons but armored or something, right now all warframes are too much alike.

Coming to the Rhino from the Volt, what should I say?

I'm both amused, and disappointed. Playing with Volt is easier than taming the Rhino.

Charge is very useful. With upgrades, its reach is increased and 4 charges on a Boss is quite brutal.

Iron Skin IMO should be renamed to Adamtium skin. After all it gives brief invulnerablity.

Radial Blast TBH is fine as it is, the knockdown period + dmg dealt should just be buffed a little, the time being buffed more. After all I can finally hit the Heavy Grineer with his own ability. The Ancient Disrupter used to knock me down, and now I slice my way to him and radial blast him.

Now talking of Rhino Stomp, I don't know what to say. The only lvl4 ability I have seen is Volt's, and seeing how over-powered and kill'em all it is, I expected something similar from Rhino. But I was disappointed.

My opinions,

#1 Switch Radial Blast and Iron Skin. Increase duration on Iron skin for this purpose, and probably grant +80% Armor or dmg reduction.

#2 Greatly increase the time Rhino locks the enemies in stasis. Its supposed to be a lvl4 skill which uses 100 points of energy. Make it look that way.

#3 If both of the above are not possible, then make Iron Skin a lvl4 ablility and increase the time for which it lasts upto 80%. The true tank.

Also, since Rhino is the heaviest Warframe, drop strikes on people should have 1% instant kill chance, upgradable upto 3%. Natural melee dmg buff by about 30%. A strong character should be able to swing a sword & strike harder than a weak character, unless of course all the Warframes have equal strength.

Currently armor does nothing appreciable, I have over 200% armor + stacked now and I still get ripped up. Rhino charge I think is ok, Iron Skin is also ok. As for Radial Blast, I think it should be changed to a completely different skill. It's way to similar to Stomp and it's power leaves much to be desired. Personally I love Stomp, but its radius is too low even when maxed out and its suspension effect should be extended to a minimum of 5-7 seconds.

Currently armor does nothing appreciable, I have over 200% armor + stacked now and I still get ripped up. Rhino charge I think is ok, Iron Skin is also ok. As for Radial Blast, I think it should be changed to a completely different skill. It's way to similar to Stomp and it's power leaves much to be desired. Personally I love Stomp, but its radius is too low even when maxed out and its suspension effect should be extended to a minimum of 5-7 seconds.

Yup, couldn't agree more.