Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aw Does A Realy Good Job When It Comes To Highlighting Things Wrong And Right With The Mod System.

Innocent_Flower

This ain't a thread about archwing. This is about how I've noticed that archwing has experimented with the numbers in the mods. In some cases it's because it reminds me of the early days where I didn't have the required mods and needed them. In others it's because the two do something very differently like, for example, Rubedo barrel and serration. 

Firstly; Mods just shouldn't have ten levels. Maybe I'm a little biased because I've really only bothered with ranks up to 8; But ten level mods are just... It's a chore to get the credits and cores for such a huge ranking. It's a pain to need six different versions of the same mod at different ranks. In the case of bleeding edge (ten ranks for 110% crit damage) It just seems damn silly (you could totally do five ranks for 110% crit damage.Standard gameplay (SG's) organ shatter does 90% for only 5 ranks) It simply isn't a fun or worthwhile game mechanic to have ten-rank mods. 

Elemental mods. I was thinking "why're we using gas damage in the vacuum of space?" Did the primarily metal enemies start leaking poisonus gas that nobody's gonna breath in whenever status pops up? Then it was clear to me; I'm only using these elemental mods because they offer pure damage boosts. This is especially true in AW where elements offer so much and have little other mods to compete with for a slot. Of course this isn't a thread about AW specifically; This problem exists in SG where bonus damage comes well before status effects (it just seems like less of a problem because there's far more mods to compete with) 

It just seems like, if you call them "elements" they should be more about the status effect, not damage. Damage for specific types of enemies should be in mods like "alloy-piercing" or "Ferite crack" or "shield breaker" or something to that effect (also up for a "down with the heavies" and "kill them flying buggers" mods) I mean chances are when you're playing serious void a good few teammates will favour corrosive (electricity+cold) because of the damage it does; Lowering someone's armour is a lot less interesting than watching them shocked by electricity or partially freeze (or get agonizingly burned by corrosive acid, which doesn't seem to happen). The status effects and specific damage bonuses just seem like they shouldn't be clumped together. 

Raw damage mods: 

Ten levels is bad, five levels is good. 

220% is too much +165% damage is too much,+120% and +60% damage... Don't really work with the current scaling system (moar helth'n stuf) (insert anyone's great argument about a better scalling system here) The +60% is only working with the scaling system due to the big elemental mods. But, The smallness of the 60% mods means that it gives you a big edge without making you the uber-man in lower down games whilst leaving most of the damage increases feel like they're from player choice. If moding wasn't all about more damage and the gameplay more involving... I'l just leave that one there. 

Multishot. Look at the AW mod Dual rounds  for a moment: that low chance of multishot justifies the "free bullet", as opposed to the SG mods that just... make it seem like you owe the shot more ammo. 

Moddified munitions increases status chance by 60% at max level. Warframe weapon mods that increase only status chance cap out at 15% on max level.  This is still really silly. 

Health and damage. For the Odanata, the 30% extra shields/health you get is just too small. But that's because your base shields are based on your frames shields, which is using crazy +440% mods of sheer crazyness. They're both bad. AW mods at max level don't feel like they're giving enough. SG mods give you so much that you're invincible if you don't take them off for a low teir game. (bloody stupid ten level mods) (a 220% boost would be very reasonable starting point actual. Cutting off those extra five ranks would do the game well) 

Last thing;

- I don't have the elytron, but I've noticed all archwing mods say "odonata". Which leads me to suspect that those mods have different values when put on different frames. I don't know or care if that's true or not; but it seems like something that could happen with standard gameplay: a weapon mod gives different stats when used with a different weapon, Or a mod can be used with both primary and secondary guns.