Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Mods And Combo Counter

lautalocos

i believe that the melee weapons would should have some mods that affect/are affected by the combo meter. this would add diversity to the melee system, and it could add more interesting builds to the game

as an example of some basic mods:

combo meter takes X longer to disappear

X% more combo multiplier/channeling damage/attack speed/crit chance/multiplier as combo meter increases

-X% channeling efficiency as combo meter increases

you get the idea

from there, you can add more interesting mods, like:

infinite stamina/x% increase in stamina capacity/regen when combo meter reaches X for X seconds (AKA infinite blocking/sprinting)

X energy regain per hit when combo meter reaches X for X seconds

X power damage/duration/range/speed when combo meter reaches X for X amount of seconds

i believe this would make the combo system way more useful than it currently is, and it would make melee more interesting

PS: also, i believe the combo meter disappears too quickly. maybe it should take 1 or 2 seconds longer to disappear?

Edited by lautalocos

Interesting idea, why not?

(Other than the fact that those mods would be treated as "Band-aid"/Useless mods. Because it would take up a slot that you could put something more useful in.)

the idea would be to make them more powerful than the base mods, but the downside would be that they it takes longer to reach that amount of power

• 3 weeks later...