Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn On Enemy Friendly Fire, Enable Fall Damage For Enemies And More.

3XT3RM1NATUS

Those ideas were inspired by the Warframe Open Beta Launch trailer. Here are some thoughts:

1) Enable enemy FF. It would be fun to watch crewmen blow themselves with dodged/poorly thrown grenade, lancer killed by his friends because of switch teleport and etc.

Note: some stuff like runners explosions, ancients toxins, heavies radial stomp and MOAs shockwave won't affect their allies. 

2) Enable fall damage for enemies. Remeber how Mag killed the lancer by pulling him from the platform? It would be awesome in game. Enemy fallen from 10+ m height should take serious damage.

Note: Banshee could abuse this by throwing infested off the cryopod area in defence maps. Might need some map changes (barriers or whatever)

3) Depressurization. The breach should slowly suck lesser enemies away and tenno should walk a bit slower (magnet boots, anyone?)

4) More environment objects that could hurt our enemies. Right now we only have explosive barrels, meanwhile I'd like to see more stuff that would help players deal with enemies in a cool way (or kill themselves if they are not careful). 

For example: 

cryo barrels that will freeze lesser enemies; Power Cores that will explode and shock anything nearby for some time; napalm tanks that will explode and leave fire hazard; corrupting security system making turrets shoot everyone on sight; boulders on Grineer levels that will fall on enemies; opening cells with capruted chargers; 

Oooh, I like the ideas for different environmental explosives.  Biohazard tanks that hurt  grineer and tenno, but not infested/moas, security system corrupciton also sounds cool, but probably limited usefulness because 1-2 turrets turning against enemies wouldn't be worth the hacking time in most cases.

Oooh, I like the ideas for different environmental explosives.  Biohazard tanks that hurt  grineer and tenno, but not infested/moas, security system corrupciton also sounds cool, but probably limited usefulness because 1-2 turrets turning against enemies wouldn't be worth the hacking time in most cases.

Not hacking, something like destroying cables, consoles or power nodes.

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

That idea for depressurization would make some seriously sick map tiles and enemies. There could be a map tile with a long hall that's set to blow the glass. You and your team must run to the end where the console is and close the blast doors. New infested enemies could be introduced as those able to resist getting sucked out. Other factions could have enemies like that too.

I like the idea of depressurization.

If friendly fire were to be on enemies it should also be on us. So I don't really see that being an idea that would happen or be good. At least as it stands people can't just drop other people for the lulz and at most block shots and all. If FF were only on enemies it would honestly give more tools to kill enemies while giving no additional worry to the player which I don't think is a good idea. But imagine the possibilities with like Loki lol. Swap teleport a grineer napalm into his own napalm and things like that. Or a runner into a group of infested or something. The possibilities, but I don't think it's a very viable option.

I think enemies should be killed when dropped into abyss areas instead of teleporting back up.

Come to think of it, I wish something bad happened to players who fell in too. Maybe it activates an emergency short range teleporter that uses your shield capacitors for energy and because it's such a sudden, unstable translocation it causes damage (lose all shields and 10 health for example).

That bothers me alot, and it would be nice feedback for a failed stunt. It would also make succeeding feel much better.

I really like friendly fire as an option for us but thats about it. Playing with friends on voice comms with friendly fire just adds to the stress of it all. Something i enjoy a lot. Dont know about enemy friendly fire and stuff though...Na not for me sorry.

If friendly fire were to be on enemies it should also be on us. So I don't really see that being an idea that would happen or be good. At least as it stands people can't just drop other people for the lulz and at most block shots and all. If FF were only on enemies it would honestly give more tools to kill enemies while giving no additional worry to the player which I don't think is a good idea. But imagine the possibilities with like Loki lol. Swap teleport a grineer napalm into his own napalm and things like that. Or a runner into a group of infested or something. The possibilities, but I don't think it's a very viable option.

Adding new weapons/content give more tools to kill enemies while giving no additional worry to the player. Is that a bad idea too? I don't think giving enemies FF has any link with giving players FF, unless you count realism, which is really not a valid point in this genre. The worst you can do with enemy FF is maybe dodge a grenade/rocket/napalm that then hits another enemy, and you're probably much better off just gunning him down anyway if you wanted efficiency.

I think enemies should be killed when dropped into abyss areas instead of teleporting back up.

Come to think of it, I wish something bad happened to players who fell in too. Maybe it activates an emergency short range teleporter that uses your shield capacitors for energy and because it's such a sudden, unstable translocation it causes damage (lose all shields and 10 health for example).

That bothers me alot, and it would be nice feedback for a failed stunt. It would also make succeeding feel much better.

Feel exactly the same way. The game treats falling off really, really wierdly. It just fades screen to black, and then you're back at the edge again. It's like the game simply retconned your fall as if it never happened.

Adding new weapons/content give more tools to kill enemies while giving no additional worry to the player. Is that a bad idea too? I don't think giving enemies FF has any link with giving players FF, unless you count realism, which is really not a valid point in this genre. The worst you can do with enemy FF is maybe dodge a grenade/rocket/napalm that then hits another enemy, and you're probably much better off just gunning him down anyway if you wanted efficiency.

It would be quite easy to abuse friendly fire if enemies had it and players didn't. It's another source of damage for enemies, nothing for players. Makes the game easier. Not talking realism. Talking another way to make the game easier, which it's not difficult really as it is once you get decent at it. How is it a good idea to just flat out make the game easier than it would be to add an even thing which may even make the game more difficult and legitimately so, rather than lame mechanics. At least having friendly fire makes sense. It'd just be nonsense to have only for enemies. Hell, all you'd have to do is have bombards or napalms or whoever shoot at a group of an enemy and laugh as you either dodge or eat the shot and they just wiped out their own while you're just fine? There's no threat or drawback, it simply makes the game easier and opens up options for how to abuse the enemy.

You obviously don't see that if you think the only reason to add it for players is realism, which was never brought up at all. You can't even compare adding new weapons. When a new weapon gets added it gets implemented as an enemy weapon as well pretty much. The grakata? We get shot with that the same as we get shot with everything else. Choosing weapons usually has trade offs, something you don't have when only enemies suffer from friendly fire. The game is already easy as it is, you're just proposing making it easier.

I'm all for the Depressurization idea and the Environmental Hazards idea.

Not really feeling it for the enemy FF. Why? Well, personally I want to have the pleasure of slaying my enemies by my own hands.

...yeah. Not really a valid reason I guess, but just putting it out there.

It would be quite easy to abuse friendly fire if enemies had it and players didn't. It's another source of damage for enemies, nothing for players. Makes the game easier. Not talking realism. Talking another way to make the game easier, which it's not difficult really as it is once you get decent at it. How is it a good idea to just flat out make the game easier than it would be to add an even thing which may even make the game more difficult and legitimately so, rather than lame mechanics. At least having friendly fire makes sense. It'd just be nonsense to have only for enemies. Hell, all you'd have to do is have bombards or napalms or whoever shoot at a group of an enemy and laugh as you either dodge or eat the shot and they just wiped out their own while you're just fine? There's no threat or drawback, it simply makes the game easier and opens up options for how to abuse the enemy.

You obviously don't see that if you think the only reason to add it for players is realism, which was never brought up at all. You can't even compare adding new weapons. When a new weapon gets added it gets implemented as an enemy weapon as well pretty much. The grakata? We get shot with that the same as we get shot with everything else. Choosing weapons usually has trade offs, something you don't have when only enemies suffer from friendly fire. The game is already easy as it is, you're just proposing making it easier.

Because clearly, we can make napalms/bombards shoot at their teammates at will (Nyx is another matter). If you actually intend to make a bombard/napalm shoot their teammates, you'd have to get in between the group and the bombard/napalm, and probably take fire from the group (the tradeoff, if you didn't notice), and even then rockets don't exactly one-shot teammates. Given than most enemies die like flies from players, you'd kill them all much quicker if you did the wiping rather than them. If you actually kill enemies quicker using their own teammates you're doing something seriously wrong.

Oh, your reason wasn't realism? Then what do you mean when you say "It'd just be nonsense to have only for enemies"? Fairness? Tenno can revive each other, isn't that unfair for the enemies then? Since you stated it's not for realism, then gameplay would be more important here. If enemies had FF, they could inflict minor damage upon each other. If players got FF, there'd be deliberate griefing with people using Heks and whatnot. Implementing FF for both sides would actually wreck the game for the Tenno. Implementing enemy FF alone would shift the balance very slightly towards the Tenno. Is that unacceptable? Because it's not like we ever got other things that help us. Remember that time I got downed by a Grineer Flameblade using Dual Ether? Neither do I. You can say that every weapon has a drawback, but I daresay the overwhelming majority of people would agree that Hek is simply superior to many other weapons out there. If we were to introduce another weapon with power like the Hek, it would probably shift power to us much more than a couple of grineer hitting their teammates with weapons that are bad against armour.