The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Request An Invite To A Clan Like A Boss...

(XBOX)CamFred

Thought I'd share a few tips for those looking to join a clan that are requesting an invite.  Following these tips will make it easier for the clan to accept you into their ranks.

1.  LEAVE YOUR OLD CLAN OR LET THEM KNOW IF YOU'RE CURRENTLY IN A CLAN.

When someone invites you to a clan (if they haven't been in a squad with you recently), they have to type your name carefully and accurately.  Once they've sent the invite, if you're already in a clan, they'll receive a message telling them that you're already in a clan so an invite can't be sent.  At that point they have to send you a message explaining that you need to leave your old clan and wait for you to do so.  All this can be especially painful if the person inviting is forced to type this on an xbox controller.  So:  Make it easier on the person by either leaving the old clan before requesting an invite or letting them know, in the request, that you're currently in a clan (but would leave it if they'd agree to send you an invite subsequently).

Many people don't know how to leave their existing clan, which adds an additional layer of complication to the process.  To do this, go to the clan page (i.e., start -> comm -> clan), then find and select your name in the list to locate the leave option.

2. EXPLAIN HOW TO SPELL YOUR NAME

In many cases, explaining how to spell your name isn't necessary but if you've got zeros and o's mixed up, or 1's and L's, be mindful that there are many different dialects of 1337 speak, and the person inviting you may have a difficult time typing your name.  Remember, that problem is especially true if the person has to type your name on an xbox controller instead of a keyboard.  Don't make them guess every variation of l01lOO|l1 in order to send you an invite.  Instead a friendly little, "The O in the middle is a zero" goes a 1ong way.

3. SHARE SOME INFO ABOUT YOURSELF

Many clans have requirements for new members.  Do you use a mic?  What rank are you?  Do you have a warframe you use primarily?  Are you a PC player that migrated over?  How often do you play?  Do you have friends who are already in the clan?

You'll get much further by providing this information with the initial request, rather than simply saying, "can I join your clan?"  Also, it may be helpful to tell the person how you heard about the clan.

4. FINALLY, BE PATIENT!

It may be that the recipient hasn't read your message yet, or is trying to make room available for you to join, or is distracted by other things going on in the game.  If you've asked to join a clan and get no response within the first thirty seconds of requesting, sending another message saying "Well!?!?" is unlikely to help your cause.

-CamFred

Edited by (XB1)CamFred

Its as easy A,B,C... simple as 1,2,3....4? lol Nice Cam. Thanks for laying this extremely useful information out. I don't think some people realized how busy we are sometimes with clan/alliance stuff, let alone trying to actually play the game to enjoy sometimes haha. All I can say is everything above is useful and true.

Please sticky!

I've found adding player as xbox friends is a better way to go then spelling someone's name into the clan invite.

Clan invites should be more forgiving on capital letters, or at least not exit out automatically when a player spelling isn't found. =/

Edited by (XB1)ExtroKold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...