Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp That Works!

Thingofmyth

Competitive gameplay will be introduced with Update 8, for Clans.

This is not PvP, though, but Competitive PvE. Mixing up the terms causes unnecessary grief and rejection. You are not getting PvP. Tenno won't shoot Tenno. But Tenno can compete for bragging rights, and to drive each other further. The enemies will be AI, mobs, mooks, the time and resource management. The competition will be about who can manage those better.

So, the Comp-PvE idea is already under way and being developed, as stated by DE, and the Comp-PvP idea is shut down, as stated by DE.

The topic is pretty much exhausted. :)

Competitive gameplay will be introduced with Update 8, for Clans.

This is not PvP, though, but Competitive PvE. Mixing up the terms causes unnecessary grief and rejection. You are not getting PvP. Tenno won't shoot Tenno. But Tenno can compete for bragging rights, and to drive each other further. The enemies will be AI, mobs, mooks, the time and resource management. The competition will be about who can manage those better.

So, the Comp-PvE idea is already under way and being developed, as stated by DE, and the Comp-PvP idea is shut down, as stated by DE.

The topic is pretty much exhausted. :)

Thanks for the info! I was not aware of that, DERebecca seemed to like this Idea as they want to see who can last longer on solo defense in the next live stream. Can't wait!

The beauty of this, is with simple tweaking it could be either cooperative or competitive.

Maybe if you add a timer, or some kind of goal like "kill x amount of enemies" or "collect x amount of drops" and you can be extracted, it becomes a competition of who can be extracted first.

This way, it could even be a mission type.

I like this idea. So you basically have a single player defense, but with different teams. Enemies spawn in the center and run out at you all and you just try to survive longer than the other guys I assume? I like this idea, but I can see how a lower level would get creamed against someone with maxed out mods on their weapons.

What if you started together and each got a item/thing from the ship computer (you glow red normally) and you had to just not die. When you die the enemy that killed you got your item and whoever found and killed that enemy collected that players item. After  each round a "prize is given to the player with the most 'things' (I really wish I knew what they were called). That prize could start out as credits, and turn into random stuff like 50 Rubedo, then a control module, a common mod, uncommon, mod, rare, mod, etc.

Enemies may focus more on a player that has a thing opposed to a player that has lost theirs.

Would be a good Idea If you all started with a basic Warframe and was able to buy stuff to help defend and gain powers, maybe even a feature of using cash in the level to make the other Warframes waves harder.

Played something like this on AOM.

I've herd of this.... oh wait thats right. thats basically nazi zombies in a nutshell xD

Keep the new game-mode ideas coming, maybe at some point DE will think it's a good idea, this one  is decent but in this game's current state i don't think it'd work out so well, for example frost is the strongest warframe in any defense mission so he'd just wreck this game mode.

I'd very much like that this game remains free of traditional pvp.

Edited by rabcor

Keep the new game-mode ideas coming, maybe at some point DE will think it's a good idea, this one  is decent but in this game's current state i don't think it'd work out so well, for example frost is the strongest warframe in any defense mission so he'd just wreck this game mode.

I'd very much like that this game remains free of traditional pvp.

acctually nyx is. I can solo with nyx up to atleast 35

Its not excately PvP. More like PvPcE (Player versus Player controlled Environment) :D

So yeah, topic is a little controversial and a different one would get more attention of the con-PvP community we have here.

The idea could turn out really nice. Though, actually influencing the KI would be difficult or exclusive to certain warframes. A last-stand kind of defense mission with a cyro pod for each player and 4 independant spawn paths (of which each attacks excately one) would be more balanced for all warframes. Add a ladder with rankings and clan-wars and we are set :)