Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Drop Tables...

d1sc1p1e

...since U15 are a total mess. of all the really big, valid, gripes on the Forums the change in Orokin vault drops and Argons disappearance are the most concerning.

a vault run takes alot of time and resources just to prepare for, and once a team is assembled running Dragon keys is not easy, so to have the drop table saturated with only a handful of mods renders all that time and resource spent as wasted.

as for Argon, not only is it used in making some frames and weapons, it's also a requirement for Kubrows and most importantly, Mirage and Limbo's quest lines. with the drop table now severely reduced it has effectively locked players out of that content.

i understand RNG, and i'm not just *@##$ing cos i want it all now now now. if a player is sitting there thinking 'i can't experiment with making Kubrows because i can't get enough Argon to spare, so i won't bother', or 'i can't get enough for Mirage's quest so i won't buy that Warframe slot or bother Void or Vault hunting, in fact i just won't bother at all', then that's a serious problem.

i agree that the tables needed adjusting, they always will, especially when new content is introduced, but anyone considering leaving the game because they can't progress due to something being adjusted too far, is bad design.

I can still get argon from void runs, rare as they may be. What do you mean by disappearance?

their rarity has increased hugely. it's a bit calmer now but since U15 the front page of both General and Players Helping Players forums have been about the negative change in drop tables. in Alliance chat(V muthaluvas!) it's joked that they don't exist anymore.

Drop tables have always been... Wonky, shall we say, in this game, but I think the problem is not that the drop tables are so percentage-based (if you look at other games with RNG-dependent looting systems (in which their communities complain very little about), some of which are more known, Warframe has a RNG-based loot system able to be served on a bloody silver platter), but that DE has proven that the game is malleable, and that the players each hold hammers. What kind of hammers, you ask? People think of it as a steel hammer, but really, it is a plastic one. We can pound away all we want to change the game, and MAYBE make an impression or two, but when it comes down to it, all we end up with is broken plastic hammers and disappointment. What people fail to realize is that what they say this game should be matters little. The RNG system is here to stay, but that doesn't mean that we're limited to purely RNG. The Syndicate Rewards are one of the said impressions of the hammers, in which we, the community, have been hammering away at for over a year now, and each time more RNG was introduced, threads shot up like helium balloons throughout the forums and even the Wiki. For example, when Update 13 hit and all the stances were revealed to be on drop tables (not to mention the Hek beacons), there were fires all throughout these forums that the mods had to snuff out. All in all, though, RNG is a grand idea, in the scheme of things, especially considering that Warframe is a free to play game. Some paid games could learn a lesson or two from DE.

Sorry if this is a really out-of-the-norm post, but I've got a paper I'm writing and I'm sliding into the mindset needed for it. If only it was as simple as what I just wrote. Poetic language in literature isn't my idea of a fun discussion.

-snip-

i totally agree. the games basic design isn't any different from your 'traditional' MMO- you farm/grind your way through the game and progression is marked by items acquired, not stages completed. it's a great system by design, but i feel they've gone a little too far with this and the most dangerous thing is that it's a trend.

so they gave us a new frame. that's awesome, we need constant content updates but at the same time they made an essential resource to acquire the frame harder to get. now it doesn't make any sense to make it easier to get, that's really breaking the game, but harder? imagine a new player to Warframe facing the current RNG drop tables and that godamn Archwing, i can't see them lasting and there's already a mass Playstation exodus.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

I just want them to increase the drop rate of Orokin cells because that one is a pain to get now. Those invasion maps that you have to play 5 times to get? You now only get 1 instead of 3. ODD reward was 3 before when they showed up. Now its 1. You are lucky if you find 2 of them after 40 waves. 

The total amount of Orokin you need to craft everything right now at least once is 228. But consider Formas, Orokin Reactor/Catalyst use 1 each that will increase the amount you need. Also consider almost any prime weapon will need 10 or 15 to create it just make it so much more annoying to get. With neural sensor are not required in huge amount and at most often you use them in formas.

It can't be a mistake that they where reduced so much after an update.

Not sure what you mean about limited availability of Argon...

Dz10SJx.jpg

Not touched vaults since Mirage came out, though, so no comment on that.

Edit: Oop, 31 minute T2 Survival, average about 1-2 everywhere else(Which is balls since there is nothing that requires it for me)

Edited by KamijoTouma