Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few Jackal nitpicks.. ( The Jackal boss feedback )

Zolea

I'm not exactly sure if these are just issues experienced in my own gameplay, but I thought that there were a few things to be said about The Jackal boss fight.

To firstly note off, I'd like to address the issue with how the boss's animation is quickly reset to it's standing position. By default, if no one uses the excaliburs' first skill ( As far as i've seen so far. ) the jackal will quickly recover as per usual and "spring up" to it's original shielded, walking, battle position. Now albeit the time given to deal damage to the Jackal is something else to be desired, what bothers me more is the fact that it has no "recovery" animation. - and if it does, it looks too sped up to even be called one. It's pretty much like the Jackal was rigged up by puppet strings and yanked back up seemlessly onto its' feet. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced that, but it does kind of play as a bit off putting.

On that same note when i previously mentioned the excaliburs' first skill being used on the Jackal.. well, it's the same thing. The only issue with this however, is that once it's used while the Jackal is down, it automatically erects itself up. I'm not sure if there's a set amount of damage that triggers the Jackal's recovery, but this is another hindrance that disturbs the teams ability to deal damage to it(?) Again, despite the short time you have to shoot the thing while it's down, it's still annoying when one simple skill resets it in one instance, opposed to firing upon it as a squad.

Animations aside, the issue of it's missle attack is also something that i'd like to point out. This may be due to a bit of ignorance on my part, but as far as it goes, I've picked up no major hints on whether or not it fires the missles. Usually before i can notice them, the things just explode out of nowhere, instantly killing teammates without warning. All there really is to go on about are the "blue dots" that i see, (Which i assume are the explosives.) but otherwise, there aren't any key notifiers that give the player a chance to evade them. If there's a certain animation that hints towards this attack, it either isn't clear enough, or merely just isn't visible through all the electricity and gun fire. Nonetheless, this is something that should be picked up.

The radius of the blast of these explosives are also something I'd like to know about. Is there a certain area of effect? The onyl reason why I ask this is because there were a few times where other players or myself were caught in the explosions, regardless of an assumed "safe" distance. We weren't anywhere close to where the animated explosion was, and yet were quickly killed if we were anywhere near it. It just doesn't seem very fair that players don't get that chance to place themselves in a safe position when granted the opportunity.. If a boss is going to have a one-hit skill, it'd be nice if players could at least know about it.. You know, instead of being on that one unlucky side of the map when it happens or unawaringly walking right into it..

Other than that, the challenge is great. Maybe a shorter treck back to the extraction point would be nice(?) It just kind of puts you at ease that you can at least walk away from the boss fight a little unscathed after getting beat down. ( Opposed to getting the floor wiped with you if you might slip up on the way back and lose everything. )

His missile attack is fine, you can hear hii-m shoot them off 5~ seconds before they land and are easily dodged if you pay attention to the loud sound of missiles going off

Understandable, but at the very least, there should be a visual element to the warning system for players who might not have audio. Just in case, no?