Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Man, Competative, 2 Point Defense Maps!

WeissKreuz

The idea is this...

You take a massive defense map, like the new dam, split it up so that 2 teams of 4 must guard 2 different capsules. It doesn't matter where either team's players are, or what they are doing, as long as both pods stay alive.

The longer the pods survive, just like normal defense, the better the rewards. The only difference is, this time, what ever pod dies first, the team assigned to guard the _other_ pod, will have the option to claim full rewards, or split it with you. This would, in my opinion, offer a way to have friendly competition, as well as teamwork.

You can do this already, simply start a defense mission and see how far you can get, make a post and self congratulate. The other clan makes a post that's better than yours, and so it goes.

There is really no reason to have the same instance unless you like lag, and want the 50% chance of losing all of your rewards.

Yo again weiss :) Me and my friends talk alot about being able to play with 6 or 8 players and i hope one day we can. The only reason i could think of for them not doing it would be having to much AI running around would cripple some peoples pcs. Lets hope an option comes soon. 8 man defense would be so cool:)

Thread with an awesome idea such as this needs bumping.

Also, Maybe if the interest is great enough DE can get some dedicated servers just for these missions and keep the hosting the same for the rest?

Edited by Sgt_Bilko

A significant issue is the number of connections that must be maintained for the data transfer.

With four players and the server, you have 5x4: 20 connections.

With eight players and the server, you have 9x8: 72 connections.

Thus going from four to eight players will require roughly three and a half times as much bandwidth and tracking for player actions. 

People in me3mp used to do speed runs and post them for the fastest time per map/faction. Served the same purpose without the server problems.

But the ME3 speed-running was just rocket everything as it spawned, doesn't apply here.

Also, the Maps in Warframe are much bigger and are filled with different lvl enemies than in ME3, speed-running doesn't work here and in general makes the game worse imo.

This game kinda needs a bragging point other than how many kills you have totaled up. (in the interest of friendly competition)