Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excessive Enemy Spawn Problem

Nitrotetrazole

Alright, so i dont know if this is bad luck, problematic rng or an actual bug, what i know is that its happening consistently and almost always ruins the mission im in.

Sometime (not that often, but still enough to be a big problem) while doing a mission, i (wether alone or in a squad) encounter an ungodly amount of enemies in a single room (and i accurately mean room, not tile). Id like to point out too that i know its not because of a syndicate death squads encroaching in the mission, were talking normal enemies standard for the tileset were in, but in unbearable quantities.

It is something i find very difficult to explain but it basicly boils down to a sudden influx of enemies in quantities that makes the mission's difficulty much higher than what the level on the map suggested.

Its like doing a void defense multiple time and reaching wave 20 no problem but then you do another run and youre barely on wave 5 and youre having the most impossible time dealing with it because it seems theres two to three times the amount of enemies you saw in the previous runs, and even more seems to be spawning for everyone you kill.

And thats about it, its a very real problem that makes mission ungodly difficult for anyone that isint overleveled for the mission. And wether its a bug or just the rng, in both case its a very frustrating problem that just ruins the fun.

I hope more people knows what im talking about and have experienced so as to support this thread and show DE this very annoying problem.

UPDATED :

I finally got a screenshot of my problem

85LQD0X.jpg

For written detail again.

This was on everest (eart, lvl3-5), on the tileset where you start on a little platform hanging over a cliff. this picture shows the first room you get in.

18 enemies in that room. 2 seeker, 2 trooper, 2 heavy gunner and 2 hellions (which, if you dont know already are supposed to be rare spawns on earth) and 10 lancers.

This picture only shows 8 of the guys that i could screencap without engaging the fight. the other ten were hiding in the recess on both sides and down the ramp.

The rest of the mission, every room had me encounter enemies in batch of 3~4 with sometime 1 or 2 more coming in reinforcement. Basicly the "normal" pacing of the mission.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg however, here, the enemies are already spawned in excessive quantity in a single room. The problem has also presented itself mid-mission with enemies spawning in such quantities suddenly with  very fast respawn.

I hope this sheds a better light on this issue

Edited by Nitrotetrazole

Sounds like you get a mass spawn of enemies in a room. I've run into that a few times myself, its one of those AI quirks perhaps?

No clue if thats what it is, nobody ive asked to seems to have a clue, some say its just rng bad luck, others agree its a bug, other gave me some really obscure and zanny explanation about how the spawn system works.

Whatever it is, it needs to be adressed quickly. I mean, it literally makes missions unplayable sometime.

UPDATED :

I finally got a screenshot of my problem

85LQD0X.jpg

For written detail again.

This was on everest (eart, lvl3-5), on the tileset where you start on a little platform hanging over a cliff. this picture shows the first room you get in.

18 enemies in that room. 2 seeker, 2 trooper, 2 heavy gunner and 2 hellions (which, if you dont know already are supposed to be rare spawns on earth) and 10 lancers.

This picture only shows 8 of the guys that i could screencap without engaging the fight. the other ten were hiding in the recess on both sides and down the ramp.

The rest of the mission, every room had me encounter enemies in batch of 3~4 with sometime 1 or 2 more coming in reinforcement. Basicly the "normal" pacing of the mission.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg however, here, the enemies are already spawned in excessive quantity in a single room. The problem has also presented itself mid-mission with enemies spawning in such quantities suddenly with  very fast respawn.

I hope this sheds a better light on this issue

Do you know what mission types it's been happening in? Only exterminates or all missions? There used to be a bug in exterminates where the game would some times not spawn anything in the early sections of the mission then spawn them all at once towards the end. That might be back.

Do you know what mission types it's been happening in? Only exterminates or all missions? There used to be a bug in exterminates where the game would some times not spawn anything in the early sections of the mission then spawn them all at once towards the end. That might be back.

So far ive seen it in all type of missions.

Exterminations just have big groups of enemies already spawned like in the screenshot while in other types of missions, enemies just suddenly starts to influx in the area in unmanageble numbers.

I can give plenty of examples.

-excavation on the frozen planet corpus tileset, we were unable to reach the scanner due to the ungodly amounts of enemies in the ice caves.

-mobile defense on phobos, grineers were spawning constantly from every possible nook and crany, kill one, another appear immediatly.

I could go on for every single type of missions.