Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Q on Leveling Frames/Weps

Jasonv2

After you go through and unlock all the missions does that get you near/at lvl 30? When you start a second frame do you have to unlock the planets again or can you grind on any mission you want?

I'm just looking for some general tips from people that have a few frames and weapons at max rank. Whats the best way to level the frames and weapons up?

Appreciate any help.

Do you mean weapon/frame level 30? If so then you will probably get close to that with the frame, and maybe level 20-25 with your main weapon if you only do each sector once. The maps stay unlocked when you change frame so thats not an issue.

The best way to level your weapons is just to use them. constantly. If the gun you are using is rapidfire and eats ammo, then consider buying alot of ammo cannisters to allow for constant use of it during missions.

Alright, are there any specfic missions that are better suited to leveling certain weapons though?

When you get a new frame can you take it into missions that are of higher level than the frame? Like take a level 1 frame into a 20-30 mission? If so would a lower level frame gain more experience doing so, almost like powerleveling? Or are you better off doing missions around the same level of the frame.

Also I hear about people talking about mod farming, any specfifc maps for that?

Edited by Jasonv2

Yes you can take a new frame into higher level mission. Im not sure about warframe, but i guess you could power level the weapons since i read that you only need to equip the weapon and let your team mates kill the enemies to gain weapon exp.

As for mods, you can farm them anywhere depending on your needs. If you need money, then you could just go to low level missions to farm the mods faster and sell them. If you need to better mods to upgrade gears, you should farm them on high level missions.

Edited by MadAlice

Yes you can take a new frame into higher level mission. Im not sure about warframe, but i guess you could power level the weapons since i read that you only need to equip the weapon and let your team mates kill the enemies to gain weapon exp.

As for mods, you can farm them anywhere depending on your needs. If you need money, then you could just go to low level missions to farm the mods faster and sell them. If you need to better mods to upgrade gears, you should farm them on high level missions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't mods drop depending on the level of your equipped gear? For instance, I've done some farming runs on the very first level just to speed farm exp for my warframe weapons, and the mods that were dropping (and were applicable to my equipped items) were around the level I currently had my warframe/weapons at. In my case, warframe/rhino mods and BOAR/shotgun mods (as well as pistol mods) were dropping of a relevant level, despite it being the very first map in the game. Mods for things I didn't have equipped were still dropping low level though (like rank 1 rifle mods, etc).

Really? So is that the trick the more experienced players use? Grind the starting missions to lvl quickly? haha

If you've noticed, there's no siginficant difference in affinity gained from level 1 mobs compared to level 20 or higher, so there's no reason not to.

Really? So is that the trick the more experienced players use? Grind the starting missions to lvl quickly? haha

From testing now, it seems you DO get higher exp from more level appropriate missions. That being said, it's not that much of a difference, especially if you're solo, and the sheer speed you can plow through the starting missions gives more exp per time.