The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Warframe Concept, Bugs Everywhere.

Glutton

( All information is subject to change and in progress, adjustments will most likely be made.)

Temporary name: Hive

Base hp: 75 ( 275 at rank 30)

Base shield: 100 ( 300 at rank 30)

Base armor: 10

Shield Recharge: 23

Sprint speed: 1.0

Role: Support (Kind of)

Polarities:

4 x "="

1 x "-"

1 x "D"

Abilities:

1st: Swarm: The frame sends out a swarm of robotic insects from holes in it's shoulders to attack the target, enemies near the target will also be caught in the attack, the swarm will circle the target for a few seconds rendering them blinded.

Energy cost: 25

Ranking this abilitiy increases it's range and damage.

2nd: Buzzer: The Frame will send out a medium sized bug that will generate an irritating buzz, taunting enemies to attack it, the bug will stay in motion the entire time, circling the nearest enemy it can find. Lasts until dead.

Energy cost: 50

3rd: Insect shield: Target ally will be shielded by a sphere of small insects for a short duration preventing them from taking range damage and harming anything that gets close.

Energy cost: 50

Duration: 7 / 7/ 10 / 13 seconds.

4th: Insect Domain: The frame will charge up and unleashe a 360 AOE of insects that will fly around and damage targets for a few seconds, any allies in the AOE will have a 2/ 2/ 3 / 5 second insect shield applied to them after leaving.

Energy cost: 100

Increasing the rank of this ability increase the range of the AOE and the duration of the shield.

(Insect attacks do not have their own damage type, but instead deal moderate piercing damage)

Edited by Mortos06

Are these supposed to be for the guy whose art was shown on the livestream? If so, then these are nothing like what DE hinted at for the "combat engineer" Warframe.

I do not watch the livestream, probably should, so the answer would be a negatory,  this is something that just popped up into my head a bit ago, along with a few other concepts.

Nice idea! I had a similar suggestion.)

Looks pretty good, although the wall climbing would be extremely difficult to do since they'd have to change alot of the terrain to be compatible with it, flight also seems like it wouldn't be that grand of an idea, while it may seem OP or cool to fly around, you're actually just setting yourself up to be shot by everything in the room, if you're not fighting infested that is, against infested though it'd be a bit too strong, although the shade sentinel is already a tad broken against them in most missions. The first set of abilities on your concept is pretty high energy cost though, not alot of people would enjoy that.

Edited by Mortos06

Looks pretty good, although the wall climbing would be extremely difficult to do since they'd have to change alot of the terrain to be compatible with it, flight also seems like it wouldn't be that grand of an idea, while it may seem OP or cool to fly around, you're actually just setting yourself up to be shot by everything in the room, if you're not fighting infested that is, against infested though it'd be a bit too strong, although the shade sentinel is already a tad broken against them in most missions. The first set of abilities on your concept is pretty high energy cost though, not alot of people would enjoy that.

Well, wallrun would be just 'you have no limit to that' of the normal one, no reason to change maps. And flight (more like gliding down) would be about as OP as every other way of crossing rooms in one gigantic leap... Just would be breathtaking at times. About the cost - well, I only had played with volt and mag by the point I was putting that down, and, well, I don't think that's too much. Either way, it's easily tweaked.

Back to your suggestion, Do you think the buzzer should fly or crawl on the floor? And, do you think insect shield might be op? It could be fixed with damage reduce on outgoing bullets... Also, you haven't stated, how much energy he gets.)

Well, wallrun would be just 'you have no limit to that' of the normal one, no reason to change maps. And flight (more like gliding down) would be about as OP as every other way of crossing rooms in one gigantic leap... Just would be breathtaking at times. About the cost - well, I only had played with volt and mag by the point I was putting that down, and, well, I don't think that's too much. Either way, it's easily tweaked.

Back to your suggestion, Do you think the buzzer should fly or crawl on the floor? And, do you think insect shield might be op? It could be fixed with damage reduce on outgoing bullets... Also, you haven't stated, how much energy he gets.)

I have not stated max energy on any of my concepts, these are all still works in progress and I'm still figuring some mechanics out, the insect shield is basically a mobile frost bubble that only fits one person and cannot be placed on yourself.Might nerf the duration on it, and the Buzzer would crawl on the floor like that of a roller.

I have not stated max energy on any of my concepts, these are all still works in progress and I'm still figuring some mechanics out, the insect shield is basically a mobile frost bubble that only fits one person and cannot be placed on yourself.Might nerf the duration on it, and the Buzzer would crawl on the floor like that of a roller.

This warframe would be worth purchasing with plat if it had ability to launch rollers... Take that, you grineer bowlers!

And, ingame they usually have 75/100/150 energy, that impacts how much based on abilities the warframe is, and how much energy he gets at the start of each mission.

This warframe would be worth purchasing with plat if it had ability to launch rollers... Take that, you grineer bowlers!

And, ingame they usually have 75/100/150 energy, that impacts how much based on abilities the warframe is, and how much energy he gets at the start of each mission.

Not to mention, I also forgot to put that in as a stat entirely.....anyways, the buzzer wouldn't do anything aside from be shiny and distracting, could potentially cause enemies to stagger if it runs into them in it's wild and crazy path, I enjoy the idea of giving enemies a taste of their own medicine, I have one other concept going for an infested based warframe that can puke on things, take that you nauseous crawlers!