Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repetitive Level Design

EvilMoogle

The first thing that I really didn't like about this game and honestly couldn't stand is the fact that there is no beauty or scenery in any of the levels... Don't get me wrong, I'm not some person that wants unicorns, rainbows, and kittens running around but I do enjoy the occasional level that is visually pleasing with a little green, maybe some waterfalls, an oasis, possibly some outside desert landscapes.

I get this sort of "Dead Space" vibe from this game but without the suspense, thrill or horror of Dead Space. I can play a game like Amnesia: The Dark Descent as well and be totally fine with dark and gritty settings for the game.

I feel like Warframe is in this weird spot because it's not really a horror game, and it's not a thriller. The levels don't come across as eery so what is holding you guys back from adding a little color into the game?

Some more open spaces would be nice as well... I'm not even claustrophobic in real life and never have been. But when I play this game I kind of begin to understand what claustrophobic people feel like. The constant hallways and tight corridors are cool but quickly made me sleepy and tired.

P.S.

Some of my favorite 3rd person shooters are Uncharted, Gears of War, Dead Space, Lost Planet, Resident Evil, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Mass Effect, and the new Tomb Raider. As you can see I really love my 3rd person shooters but what all of these games have and Warframe doesn't is variety.

tl;dr repetitive level design needs variety

The first thing that I really didn't like about this game and honestly couldn't stand is the fact that there is no beauty or scenery in any of the levels... Don't get me wrong, I'm not some person that wants unicorns, rainbows, and kittens running around but I do enjoy the occasional level that is visually pleasing with a little green, maybe some waterfalls, an oasis, possibly some outside desert landscapes.

I get this sort of "Dead Space" vibe from this game but without the suspense, thrill or horror of Dead Space. I can play a game like Amnesia: The Dark Descent as well and be totally fine with dark and gritty settings for the game.

I feel like Warframe is in this weird spot because it's not really a horror game, and it's not a thriller. The levels don't come across as eery so what is holding you guys back from adding a little color into the game?

Some more open spaces would be nice as well... I'm not even claustrophobic in real life and never have been. But when I play this game I kind of begin to understand what claustrophobic people feel like. The constant hallways and tight corridors are cool but quickly made me sleepy and tired.

P.S.

Some of my favorite 3rd person shooters are Uncharted, Gears of War, Dead Space, Lost Planet, Resident Evil, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Mass Effect, and the new Tomb Raider. As you can see I really love my 3rd person shooters but what all of these games have and Warframe doesn't is variety.

tl;dr repetitive level design needs variety

The news corpus levels are the deffinition of something beautiful

Warframe isn't intended to be a horror or thriller game.  At its scariest is the infected, which are unsettling but still just a race of swarm-like beings who try to overwhelm through numbers.  The game isn't supposed to invoke a "Dead Space" vibe either, as far as I know, though the darkened infected missions are, again, about as close to that as you'll get.  There aren't many maps which show outdoor areas yet, they're still working on those tilesets, but the Corpus already have a few snowy, mountainous areas which you can explore a little of an outdoor environment.  Give it time, we're still in beta, and they haven't even finished clan or end game content yet.  We're seeing (and shaping) a game in progress.

Why not give the devs a chance to incorporate more maps instead of saying they need to put in maps? they put in maps every big content update and Warframe isnt done yet and is under heavy development.

The greatest strength behind the tileset system is that more tiles can be added. Add enough tiles and the maps will become as varied and unique as you could imagine, with no additional hit on the game's performance. There are very few tiles at the moment, but I have faith that they'll be adding more with each major content update.