Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Confirmation Of Some Things

denmax

There are a bunch of things currently in the game that I'm not sure if they were intended by the devs or not. Technically, I'm only asking if they were by accident or on purpose upon release, rather than if said item is getting an update in a later date - though knowing such things is something interesting to know too. I couldn't care less if an ordinary or veteran player responds, as long as he states his surety about the subject, I'll be fine.

• How Fangs respond to Invisibility, Smoke Screen, True Steel, and Staggering Force

--- • Not sure if it's just me, but I barely never see red numbers appear on Fangs even with True Steel equipped. Is this intentional?

• If Ether Daggers were supposed to get the armor ignoring bonus as opposed to the Dual Ethers
--- • Both are currently the firsts of their kind. Daggers that don't ignore armor and slicing weapons that both deal damage to infested and ignore armor.

Ember's abilities not getting bonuses on Focus

--- • A full damage frame not getting bonuses from power strength seems really weird.

• Nyx' Chaos lasting almost indefinitely

--- • I know an impending rebalance is going to come for this, but I'm just going to ask if this was intentional by design.

Nyx' Absorb not getting any aggro

--- • Not sure if it's just me, but this is very prominent in co-op missions

• If alerts are to remain a question mark, rather than showing the actual reward
--- • It's not it is a mystery, considering we both have official Facebook and Twitter pages showing it to us

• Paris alert blueprint costing 1,200 rubedo.
--- • Shouldn't it be cheaper, or at least the same considering you looted it off from a rare alert?

• Stats on alert weapons are final
--- • Some of them are just lackluster mainly because of how it bases itself from RNG;

Alert rewards will forever be based on RNG, rather than other various aspects
--- • Somehow interlinked with the above item. Some weapons are better off rewards for lower level areas because they are well suited for lower level players. Wouldn't it be weird to see a Pangolin bp on Pluto, where such weapon is more useful being received by a new player?

Sentinels not getting effects from some abilities
--- • Definitely more prominent and annoying when using Loki's Invisibility, where the Sentinel would still reveal your position. Not sure if stuff like Link or Overheat (the damage reduction at least) is also not applied to the Sentinel.

Shade casting Ghost when you're in the middle of an ability animation.

--- • More annoying when used on Nyx and casts Absorb. It might be useful to some other abilities that take long as well such as Trinity's Blessing, but it's not like you are vulnerable whilst you cast.

Sentinels casting Guardian while you are being disrupted

--- • Seriously... the shield reboost is nullified doesn't work. Unlike taking Energy Orbs, you can't really control how they cast Guardian.

This is all for now I guess, but I'm sure there are some more that I think I just forgot. I'll add them later if I could.

--------------------------------------

EDIT:

Added some more:

• Warrior and Crowd Dispersion precept causes the Sentinel to take even more aggro

--- • It would make sense if, let's say, I was rushing because these are the only things dealing damage. However, in a state where I'm basically the higher damage dealer, it seems that the AI will try to kill the least threatening of enemies. I basically removed both precepts and I didn't even see my Sentinel glow green (which would mean Regen either was not doing its job, or it didn't need to)

• Explaination behind the mystery of mod drop tables

--- • I seriously can't determine if area, level, or type really has any effect on what mods they drop. The claims in the wiki sound false based from experience. Basically I see skill mods drop so frequently even from non-Infestation, or how I gained my rare elemental mods (back when they were rare) equally from Corpus, Grineer and Infestations. The greatest of them all is how I gained all three of my current multishot mods nowhere near Grineer enemies, or planets, etc.

• The deal behind stun vulnerabilities on bosses.

--- • You provided the players with an arsenal of stun locking weapons and somehow they also affect some bosses. I could understand maybe things like Radial Blind (which is still spammable with Energy Vampire), but I think the devs left out adding in stun immunities, or resistances at least, from weapons like the Boltor and Dual Zorens. Unless this was intentional, of course.

Edited by denmax

• How Fangs respond to Invisibility, Smoke Screen, True Steel, and Staggering Force

--- • Not sure if it's just me, but I barely never see red numbers appear on Fangs even with True Steel equipped. Is this intentional?

> it's a confirmed bug that the Invisibility and Smoke Screen doesn't trigger bonus critical to the any kind of melee weapon

> Staggering Force doesn't work for Fang as Fang have 0 base Stunt damage. (so, nothing to add)

> Red Critical triggered after as stealth attack (as, the enemy doesn't know that you are there), True Steel is only affecting Yellow Criticals.

--- • A full damage frame not getting bonuses from power strength seems really weird.

> this has been confirmed, and likely to get fixed from an update a few days ago but it doesn't seems so.

• If alerts are to remain a question mark, rather than showing the actual reward

--- • It's not it is a mystery, considering we both have official Facebook and Twitter pages showing it to us

> this has been noted, answer is: Steve either forgot or didn't have a time to get into it when the Twitter / Fb notification is set up, he said it himself somewhere in the announcement thread for the notification system but i forgot.

• Paris alert blueprint costing 1,200 rubedo.
--- • Shouldn't it be cheaper, or at least the same considering you looted it off from a rare alert?
> it was a bug, the Blueprint is actually Scindo's Rubedo Blade Blueprint, not Paris.

--- • Some of them are just lackluster mainly because of how it bases itself from RNG;
> i thought most of them are a placeholder ?

--- • Definitely more prominent and annoying when using Loki's Invisibility, where the Sentinel would still reveal your position. Not sure if stuff like Link or Overheat (the damage reduction at least) is also not applied to the Sentinel.

> the latest updates fixed a case where Trinity's Link is linked to the Sentinel, destroying the sentinel in seconds.

Edited by Adagio

Just going to say that the Paris rubedo blueprint is in fact the Dagger Axe skin for the Scindo. I have one in my inventory and it was converted to that. It was done in one of the recent patches.

Nyx's Chaos duration is definitely a bug as the visual effect from chaos does in fact dissapear if you wait long enough - I guess that's the time where the effect should end.

A lot of frame abilities are unaffected by mods. Such as mag's ultimate for instance which is unaffected by both range and power mods.

Arguably, i think that this needs a flat out fixing cause its literally $&*&*#(%& to have mods which do absolutely nothing to your character's skills, even though they are supposed to.

On a personal note: this is one of the main issues i have with the game currently.

Frame skills should NEVER present an exception to the mod system's mechanics. Creating exceptions reduces the value of the mod system overall and makes it seem completely and utterly $&*&*#(%&.

If the devs think that certain frame abilities would become too powerful with the usage of certain mods, then the initial stats of the ability needs to be nerfed in order to go well with the mods.

Creating exceptions does nothing but damage the entire concept of game play. This needs to be resolved as a priority issue cause most frames and their skills suffer from this.

• Nyx' Chaos lasting almost indefinitely

--- • I know an impending rebalance is going to come for this, but I'm just going to ask if this was intentional by design.

You answered your own question. Most likely it was not an intentional thing since it works almost like a game breaker currently.

Nyx' Absorb not getting any aggro

--- • Not sure if it's just me, but this is very prominent in co-op missions

Yep. Nyx's ulti should by all means generate aggro for mobs to focus on you while the animation lasts.

Currently, this is not the case.

PR and AD move. They are getting their facebook and twitter accounts beefed by this.

Please elaborate this cause i do not understand. Random reward alerts present weapons with varying damage and stats? I havent heard about anything similar yet.

Seconded. Sentis probably should get affected too by at least a certain level. Currently they are not, but whats even more disturbing is that some of their skills are bugous, such as revive which randomly fails to trigger at times, or crowd control on wyrm which flatout doesnt do a damn thing.

Shade casting Ghost when you're in the middle of an ability animation.

--- • More annoying when used on Nyx and casts Absorb. It might be useful to some other abilities that take long as well such as Trinity's Blessing, but it's not like you are vulnerable whilst you cast.

Well this is not really a bug. Nyx and shade are just not meant to be played together, but i guess that they could adjust it. Or leave it to the player to make the right choice. This can fall both ways.

Sentinels casting Guardian while you are being disrupted

--- • Seriously... the shield reboost is nullified doesn't work. Unlike taking Energy Orbs, you can't really control how they cast Guardian.

Guardian is pretty irregular too. Sometimes activates, other times doesnt or too late. I dont really get it personally.

Edited by Aerensiniac

He means that alert weapons like for example the Pangolin Sword or Jaw Sword are lackluster.

That is perfectly true cause they are mostly a skana ripoff with like 5% difference in stats.

The very definition of useless (with a few exceptions).

Rare drops should be something that stand above the basic "craftable by anyone and all" stuff.

Still, he said stats on these weapons being somehow related to the random number generator? Didnt really understand what he is implying.

I think he just expressed it wrong and was talking about how they're rare weapons and you have to rely on the RNG to get them....

I myself think they should have better stats, or just an unique effect on them to at least make them niche weapons.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

erm, i'm mostly playing in solo, and Regeneration works just fine, my sentinel glows green at least once before it explodes .. different case when it gets a direct hit from Lech Krill tho ..

Crowd Dispersion does a little to no damage to the enemies surrounding me, and often there's also a knock back effect on them. sadly not always.

it still does a good job inflicting elemental damages to the whole enemies tho, CC yay !

Sorry about the misunderstanding on the stats of alert rewards point, but what I'm typically trying to say is this:

I think he just expressed it wrong and was talking about how they're rare weapons and you have to rely on the RNG to get them....

So yeah.. the posing problem for me is how these kinds of weapons are dropped solely based on RNG. If we were to try to, let's say, connect it to a simpler dropping system that some RPGs have, the role of RNG is still there. However, it at least tries to check the level of the creature so it only interacts with the drop table of the corresponding level. The results are drops that don't necessarily cater for higher leveled avatars, while avoiding weaker items. Which brings us to the next point I've brought up in the same post:

• Alert rewards will forever be based on RNG, rather than other various aspects

What I mean to say with this is if the alert rewards will always be based on RNG alone, and not considering specific tables that could correspond with the location where the alert will appear, or to be more general - the planet, etc. They cater to some kind of level range, which may allow a more diverse reward system for the alerts rather than having only one aspect cover it, by picking a number in a range of between 0 to whatever.

To me, it'd make more sense if a weapon with stats like the Pangolin Sword would only appear on a planet like Mercury, and not somewhere like Pluto.

So what I'm really basically asking is if the alert reward system, or whatever you might call it, will only be decided by RNG with no conditions but having it pick a number between what and what for time unending, or is there some kind of plan that they are trying to modify it so it will be more diverse and less... "chaotic".. in a sense.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of frame abilities are unaffected by mods. Such as mag's ultimate for instance which is unaffected by both range and power mods.

Arguably, i think that this needs a flat out fixing cause its literally $&*&*#(%& to have mods which do absolutely nothing to your character's skills, even though they are supposed to.

On a personal note: this is one of the main issues i have with the game currently.

Frame skills should NEVER present an exception to the mod system's mechanics. Creating exceptions reduces the value of the mod system overall and makes it seem completely and utterly $&*&*#(%&.

If the devs think that certain frame abilities would become too powerful with the usage of certain mods, then the initial stats of the ability needs to be nerfed in order to go well with the mods.

Creating exceptions does nothing but damage the entire concept of game play. This needs to be resolved as a priority issue cause most frames and their skills suffer from this.

I have no problems with certain abilities not being affected by other mods. But I'd like to have an official DE datasheet on each warframe, where these things are mentioned, so I can look them up and know, that it's intended and not a bug.