Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Clan Vs Clan Vs Nonclan Pve

Tanjiticus

Hello,

To start my idea, I would like to say we currently know almost nothing about this ever-expanding and in my mind most interesting setting we find ourselves in. The tenno are woken up by Lotus who could be an AI, a human, a tenno master, etc. It would be safe to say some tenno will fight each other because if you look at the setting, there is no moral right or wrong, the tenno are just a faction who fight for themselves, against other factions. It is safe to say that powerfull tenno subfactions(clans) could conspire to fight each other cold war stile, or even all out war.

The suggestion would be as follows, I will try to make it as smart as possible - feel free to add to it fellow ninjas.

We are getting clan dojos in update 8. In my mind considering this is mid 2013 and tilesets have no end - these dojos will have civilian modules: a common area for clan members, some kind of engineering, tenno quarters, a storage area, a "bridge" where the clan leader will be commanding from, etc etc; and defence modules like castles used to have in history. These defence modules could be anything you can imagine and I will expand on this later on in this suggestion.

Idea base 1: Reputation

Add to each clan AND specific tenno player a visible reputation meter with known accomplishments and failures like each player tenno has but with the good/evil towards the tenno bar.

If a clan behaves disreputably against fellow tenno then its reputation suffers, at which time the wider tenno universe can start 1-4 man attacking the evil clan base in a high risk high reward all or nothing way. If the clan base of a tenno clan is considered evil for its misdeeds then failing to finish the base assault mission has no repercussions for the clan which failed, and there could be a time meter of 2 hours added in which time it is impossible for the failed team to attack again, but clanmates who did not fail can go at it again.

In this case I am unsure if by winning this base attack mission the attacking clan/random team - upon recieving the appropriate mission rewards should take resources out of the clan storage as this could cause griefing, or just simply have bragging rights to a base assault and normal generated mission resources. This mechanic could be tweeked to no end by simply adding ideas to it.

The npc-side reputation mechanic could be as follows - add a lot of diferent craftable/questable things to IMPROVE a tenno clan reputation, like doing missions AGAINST npcs(grineer, corpus, stalker faction etc) and spending resources to "do good things like improve tenno colonies in the solar sistem). When a clans reputation is high it is considered evil to attack that clan and if atacked and the attackers mission fails then the attackers have to pay a credit(or/and) resource fine/ransom upon mission failure to the clan they failed to successfully attack, while also based on the reputation of the attacked clan get a hit to their personal/clan reputation, or not.

Onto other things.

Idea base 2: Base defences

Basicaly, we all heard the devs say they created the clan dojo sistem in a way where anything can be added, and as far as I am aware for now they only created civilian things like living quarters for the tenno to walk around basicaly barefoot without their armor and gear. For the tenno to feel safe in this place of leisure they NEED to have adequate defences and sensors outside of this safe zone, otherwize they could get killed before even putting on their gear.

Because the tenno are high tech, and the Lotus seems to know her business around ancient era highest level tech, I assume tenno could easily create AI defenders for their home base - these defenders would never be able to do what the ninjas do on missions as they arent capable enough, so no reason to take them to the field, but the tenno themselves are too valuble to be base guards in my mind.

My idea would be let the players craft AI defenders, and subpar or same level armor/weapons for AI tenno, which would be like the stalker. You could then RTS like(while base building) put different patrol paterns and defence AI orders onto your defence staff to make sure everything is to your liking.

I think that for starters, the base attacks by enemy clans and/or random players willing to risk it(this is where reputation comes in when you have only credits to risk if a random group is attacking an evil clan - at which point if the random group fails at this hard mission the enemy ransom them for credits without any reputation hit - gotta leave it open to no clan random teams I believe, to contribute and have something out of Clan PVP(PVE))

The friendly clan NPCs should be max potato level at start(60) - going higher the longer the attacking team is found out. The idea would be that, since were ninjas, you infiltrate the outer parts of the base (either with the fighter we attack now with or somehow diferently) and then try to stealth it through the mission. The owner of the clan base would then have to depend on his previously placed patrol paterns of AI guards(tenno and actual AI) and would be unable to intervene as tenno missions do not last that long to begin with. As an attacking team is "spotted" and the alert is given, there could be a time for how long the enemy have before mission is automaticaly over because the enemy clan has by then assembled and theres no PVP just the attackers are captured cinematic and then ransomed for credits/resources).

Idea 3:

Expand as you please. I am sorry for not putting in the time to write this perfectly as its an idea off the top of my head, and id sooner share it with the community right now to see if it does anything for anyone than wait :)

Edit 1: 

This could let players craft their own highest level dungeons, add a "generic tenno boss" in the end of each base, which players could completely craft with premade parts like warframe- abilities -weapons etc. In the end endgame could be some sort of PVE against grineer/corpus/new factions and PVP against PVE player generated bases.

A Clan could even with high reputation decide to "allow" anyone to freely attack their bases. If the attackers lose then the money/resources go to the dojo, and if the attackers win they take away money/resources from the clan being attacked or from just generated resources.

Because these instances would be starting at highest level they would be very hard and high risk - naturally to fail is to lose all drops. Think this could be all easily done and implemented. Tilesets and wall/floor tiles could make it possible to construct any manner of dungeon, which would give longevity to the game and an actual PVP endgame(PVP being the PVE version of PVP).

Edited by Tanjiticus

I support fiddling with the idea of a pve related competitive system, but thing is that the devs have already plans for this in regards of some sort of territorial control (?) or influence system.

The details are far from clean. I know only as much as they have said in the live stream.

To the devs:

Its hard to suggest on stuff when your testers/players are kept in the dark about future features.

It would be nice to get more details.

Also: Im beginning to really really hate the ability to vote on forum posts.

People are getting voted down without any reason to do so. Too many trolls.

Edited by Aerensiniac