Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recoverable Paris Arrows

Meenmu

Paris is rather unique in its function compared to long guns for obvious reasons - it's a bow. I love my paris, and the other day I thought of ways to make the whole experience more unique. I eventually noticed some of my arrows sticking out of things after I fired them and thought, why not make arrows recoverable?

Now there are some issues with this, such as arrows becoming a nearly infinite form of ammo, rendering sniper ammo drops, when they do appear, somewhat redundant. Some ways to fix that might be giving arrow recovery a failure chance, kind of like in skyrim for example. Attempts to recover arrows might have only a certain, possibly moddable, percent chance of success. An/or maybe a bit of a nerf to the total ammo pool of the paris, to encourage players to go and grab their arrows from their prey, or from walls. Also there is the issue of more than one person using paris in a single game, it would be problematic if they could just steal all your arrows.

I feel like, especially in stealth play, pulling arrows out of your kills and using them again kinda adds to the whole "hunter" feel of using a bow. I don't know, I've yet to pour a whole bunch of thought into the idea, but I thought maybe someone else might find the concept interesting.

Edited by Meenmu

Would much rather the mechanic was improved more generaly:

- charge bar

- damage scaling with charge time 

- charge sound scaling correctly with fire-rate mods(with 40% firerate, the sound comes quite abit after the bowstring is drawn)