The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Problem

luKeBandido

Hello you guys, 

Didnt know if is the right place to post, but I'm having problems with my fps. 

I pass in the test on CanIRunIt and I'm posting a picture to prove.

When I enter in the mision solo or on-line I get like 55 ~ 60 fps stable and when I start to do the mission my fps drops to like 20 ~ 15.

All my drivers are updated. Here are my specs:

AMD A4-3305M APU WITH RADEON HD GRAPHICS

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BITS

AMD RADEON HD 6480G

4 GB RAM AND 500 GB HD

Here's the Image proving that I pass on the test:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/minimunspecs.png/

Please can ayone help me? =/

Edit: All the settings are in the minimun and all disable.

Edited by luKeBandido

Turn off color correction, DOF/motion blur, bloom, reflections, and dynamic lights. You should be seeing some improvement then.

I find that keeping DoF and motion blur on improves the fps since it reduces the amount that the game has to 'fully' render. If you can see my logic in that, then yeah. Tested only by me as far as I know and I have a radeon HD 6950. I have a much better system than this guy however I still get fps problem, my friend with a high range generic intel and nvidia build has fps problems aswell In the so called cluster F*** areas. So the game still has optimisations it needs to deal with.

When  I start a mission (ie: At the pre-mission cut-scenes) I have an FPS around 150.

When the mission actually begins (ie: when I start moving my frame around) I have an FPS around 103

There is of course, going to be a drop in frame rate between the cut-scenes and the start of the mission. Why? Because during the cut-scene the engine is only rendering a large empty space with some particles, and a two rather simplistic spaceship models which zoom around in a cinematic manner. But after the cut-scenes  the game is now rendering the entire level, plus any enemies and their AI that have so far spawned in. 

So if your drop is between these two states, I hardly find it unreasonable or not to be expected.

Now there is currently a seperate issue where, with each new client that connects to a multiplayer game, the hosts fps drops significantly. But that dosn't sound like what you're experiencing. 

Edited by 11.11.11

I find that keeping DoF and motion blur on improves the fps since it reduces the amount that the game has to 'fully' render. If you can see my logic in that, then yeah. Tested only by me as far as I know and I have a radeon HD 6950. I have a much better system than this guy however I still get fps problem, my friend with a high range generic intel and nvidia build has fps problems aswell In the so called cluster F*** areas. So the game still has optimisations it needs to deal with.

That actually makes no sense what-so-ever.

Depth of feild is an after effect that is applied post-rendering. Similar to focal blurring in a image editor. If your struggling for preformance - turn it off.

Motion blur is also an after effect, which also - adds an extra load to your gpu. But the interesting thing about it, is if you're struggling with your framerate, it will create the illusion of a smoother rate. This is because the human eye, perceives motion in videos, by blurring together seperate images. With motion blur enabled, a filter is doing this for your eyes, so they perceive the motion as smoother than it actually is. Regardless, you'll still be loosing a few frames, because it's an added strain on your GPU.

The game is actually amazingly well optimized for the amount of dynamicly-lit, phong-shaded, high polygon enemies it can seamlessly spawn in and out of a randomly generated level full of equally high resolution environments  This game is never going to have low system requirements, even with all the eye candy disabled, but your right in saying it could still do with more optimization. Amazing shouldn't get in the way of incredible.

There are 3 Known Causes For FPS Drop If IT Not Your PC Specs:

A)Bad’ hosts (people with low end PC’s that cannot handle hosting processing duties) or poor upload speeds (sub 2Mbps).

B) Host hardware/driver issue or ‘network security’ software that is doing some kind of packet inspection that is bogging down packet flow.

C) Players playing in wrong region (Player in Australia attempting to host for a player in the US for example)

Action

If you have proper specs and internet upload speeds above 1-2Mbps: Update your drivers and disable ‘internet security’ / packet inspection software

Here is how:

The standard default IP addresses for routers are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

In searchbar type http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1

This is dependant on the make and model of the router. I suppose it's easiest just to try them both, I put them as links above to make that easy for you.

The default login is usually a variation of "admin".
It may be login admin, password admin
It may be login blank, password admin
It may be login admin, password blank.

If they don't work, check your router's manufacturer's site. Look up the manufacturer's website and you should be able to find the support documentation for your specific router.

Source(s):

Of course both the IP address and admin passwords can be changed, so yours may not even be close to them. Worst case scenario would be to do a hard reset of the router, putting it back to it's factory default state... Meaning no wireless security, but it would revert back to factory default login as well.

Then:

1.Disable Stateful Packet inspection
2.Disable Sip transformations
3.Disable SIP ALG
4.enable consistent nat

When  I start a mission (ie: At the pre-mission cut-scenes) I have an FPS around 150.

When the mission actually begins (ie: when I start moving my frame around) I have an FPS around 103

There is of course, going to be a drop in frame rate between the cut-scenes and the start of the mission. Why? Because during the cut-scene the engine is only rendering a large empty space with some particles, and a two rather simplistic spaceship models which zoom around in a cinematic manner. But after the cut-scenes  the game is now rendering the entire level, plus any enemies and their AI that have so far spawned in. 

So if your drop is between these two states, I hardly find it unreasonable or not to be expected.

Now there is currently a seperate issue where, with each new client that connects to a multiplayer game, the hosts fps drops significantly. But that dosn't sound like what you're experiencing. 

The FPS on cut scene is the same when I start the mission. The problem is when I start to running for one boss for example.

I get so low fps that some times when the FPS stabilizes Im trapped lol

Dont make sense. I tried to change every single applications on CCC (Catalyst Control Center) and on my O.S but has no luck...

There are 3 Known Causes For FPS Drop If IT Not Your PC Specs:

A)Bad’ hosts (people with low end PC’s that cannot handle hosting processing duties) or poor upload speeds (sub 2Mbps).

B) Host hardware/driver issue or ‘network security’ software that is doing some kind of packet inspection that is bogging down packet flow.

C) Players playing in wrong region (Player in Australia attempting to host for a player in the US for example)

Action

If you have proper specs and internet upload speeds above 1-2Mbps: Update your drivers and disable ‘internet security’ / packet inspection software

Here is how:

The standard default IP addresses for routers are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

In searchbar type http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1

This is dependant on the make and model of the router. I suppose it's easiest just to try them both, I put them as links above to make that easy for you.

The default login is usually a variation of "admin".

It may be login admin, password admin

It may be login blank, password admin

It may be login admin, password blank.

If they don't work, check your router's manufacturer's site. Look up the manufacturer's website and you should be able to find the support documentation for your specific router.

Source(s):

Of course both the IP address and admin passwords can be changed, so yours may not even be close to them. Worst case scenario would be to do a hard reset of the router, putting it back to it's factory default state... Meaning no wireless security, but it would revert back to factory default login as well.

Then:

1.Disable Stateful Packet inspection

2.Disable Sip transformations

3.Disable SIP ALG

4.enable consistent nat

I login but didnt find none of those things...

DUDE i have almost the same specs i will tell you EXACTLY what to do.. not will it only stop farming, it will run like butter :D. first you should know, if you have the 'dual graphics' option, select DISABLE.. i know it doesnt make sense but i realized the game was running MUCH better when i disabled the dual graphics, also keep your power plan to high performance.. anyways...

First:

In your graphic card settings.. go to gaming > image quality > 
    1) Anti Aliasing(high performance graphics): untick 'Use application settings' and tick 'Morphological filtering' and take the bar to '8x' and keep the filter to  'standard'

2) Anti Aliasing Method(high performance graphics): slide the bar towards quality

3) Anisotropic Filtering(high performance graphics): untick 'Use application settings' and slide the bar all the way to '16x'

Second:

In your graphic card settings.. go to gaming > Gaming performance >

1) Standard 3D settings(high performance graphics): tick 'Use Custom settings' 

2) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics: tick 'Disable Dual graphics'

Now, once you start warframe, go to your display settings:

tick mark EVERYTHING:

Anti Aliasing
High Dynamic Range

Local Reflections
High Dynamic Range

DOF / Motion Blur

Bloom
Color Correction

Character Shadows

ONLY: Keep Shadow Quality & Texture Memory to 'Low'. and keep Vertical sync to 'off'

I did all of this and it was working fine, try it and lemme know if it works for you as well

Edited by Polyphonia

DUDE i have almost the same specs i will tell you EXACTLY what to do.. not will it only stop farming, it will run like butter :D. first you should know, if you have the 'dual graphics' option, select DISABLE.. i know it doesnt make sense but i realized the game was running MUCH better when i disabled the dual graphics, also keep your power plan to high performance.. anyways...

First:

In your graphic card settings.. go to gaming > image quality > 

1) Anti Aliasing(high performance graphics): untick 'Use application settings' and tick 'Morphological filtering' and take the bar to '8x' and keep the filter to  'standard'

2) Anti Aliasing Method(high performance graphics): slide the bar towards quality

3) Anisotropic Filtering(high performance graphics): untick 'Use application settings' and slide the bar all the way to '16x'

Second:

In your graphic card settings.. go to gaming > Gaming performance >

1) Standard 3D settings(high performance graphics): tick 'Use Custom settings' 

2) AMD Radeon Dual Graphics: tick 'Disable Dual graphics'

Now, once you start warframe, go to your display settings:

tick mark EVERYTHING:

Anti Aliasing

High Dynamic Range

Local Reflections

High Dynamic Range

DOF / Motion Blur

Bloom

Color Correction

Character Shadows

ONLY: Keep Shadow Quality & Texture Memory to 'Low'. and keep Vertical sync to 'off'

I did all of this and it was working fine, try it and lemme know if it works for you as well

What version of CCC do you use?

Ok, trying. Be right back with the feedback.

still if you have an amd graphic card driver, im sure all of these settings will still be the same.. if you havent updated your drivers then you probably should: go to amd.com and download the 'auto-detect and install' update on the drivers page 

The FPS on cut scene is the same when I start the mission. The problem is when I start to running for one boss for example.

I get so low fps that some times when the FPS stabilizes Im trapped lol

Dont make sense. I tried to change every single applications on CCC (Catalyst Control Center) and on my O.S but has no luck...

Now that is odd. You're saying you get an FPS loss after/during boss cut-scenes? That sounds more like you have an issue with - as already suggested - your set up, rather than a lack of optimization on the games behalf. I've never experienced any noticeable drop in FPS after a boss cutscene. 

My advice would be to try and follow the suggestions made Polyphonia - assuming your systems are comparable. I'd also try switching to 32-bit mode, as crimson suggested, but this is quite an unusual problem you seem to be having. If it IS an issue with your driver/settings, then one would expect to see a consistent low FPS, rather than a spike after boss cutscenes. 

No no no.

DoF and Motion Blur are post-processing effects.  Meaning, everything is rendered and THEN these effects are added.  At all points in time, turning these off will reduced the amount of work your GPU has to do.

Now that is odd. You're saying you get an FPS loss after/during boss cut-scenes? That sounds more like you have an issue with - as already suggested - your set up, rather than a lack of optimization on the games behalf. I've never experienced any noticeable drop in FPS after a boss cutscene. 

My advice would be to try and follow the suggestions made Polyphonia - assuming your systems are comparable. I'd also try switching to 32-bit mode, as crimson suggested, but this is quite an unusual problem you seem to be having. If it IS an issue with your driver/settings, then one would expect to see a consistent low FPS, rather than a spike after boss cutscenes. 

Is not before boss cut-scenes in on my way to the Boss lol

Yeah I'm sorry luke, this sounds like something that is beyond our control at the momment. 

Perhaps one of the dev's will chime in and explain what might be happening here, but at the momment it sounds like an inherent problem with the game itself - not something that can be tweaked or fixed by the end user.