Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Howdy

I-Like-to-Play-Fair

Cue the obligatory: "Not sure what to say, but..."

I've got 16 hours load-time for Warframe so far, and I'm loving it. Still pretty new, but hey, I'm working my way up. Currently only done solo mode, and although it seems to be a lot harder, it's a lotta fun, or so I'm finding. (even though I'm being incessantly lectured to the contrary by a certain individual I know, which is driving me crazy!)

I think there's a good chance this is gonna be one of those games over which I'll be fully obsessed. :P It's pretty awesome. I took a look at it a while ago and then when I saw the "Platinum" thing, I just thought, "Ergh, play to win," quit and never looked back, that is, until a couple of days ago. Someone I know kept badgering the heck out of me to try it out again and insisted it's not pay-to-win (I still say it is, or more accurately, optionally is--in the sense of getting awesome stuff or stuff much easily by just paying real money--but semantics)

Been obsessed over since I downloaded it again. I just don't know what to expect with multiplayer; I've read it's unbalanced. I was hoping for a more specific multiplayer system in which I could join certain worlds/missions and what-not, but it seems any random person can draft me in, despite their "level". 'o.O Like, I'm new! I don't want someone randomer popping into my game and "roflstomping" everything - I'm quite obsessive about earning my own victories, whenever possible.

So, second impression?

Graphics (on max @ 1080p with a constant 60fps - usually actually rendering at about 150-320fps) look absolutely amazing, and I'm so impressed with the optimisation. Bit disappointed by the lack of an fps cap, as this game unnecessarily heats up my graphics card when I only need 60fps; but it's a minor niggle and it's not like my GPU's gonna go up in flames. *touch wood*

Sounds quality seems pretty awesome. I turned off the music, as I hear it can get annoying, so I can't comment much on that. What little I heard sounded cool, though.

Actaul gameplay is awesome. Very addictive. Lots to do. Tons of replayability. Stealth seems a little broken here and there, but generally, I love it. I get annoyed with enemies randomly spawning in places I've just cleared; this actaully really irritates me, but ah well. I also feel this game could've catered a little more to the single player; this seems excessively difficult, but I hear it gets easier. I've managed to solo the first boss several times (with a few revives :P) so I guess I'm on the right track!

I REALLY like that you can earn Platinum in-game without resorting to real cash, by farming, then trading with players; I like this in games like these.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by I-Like-to-Play-Fair

Thanks for the welcomes.

If you turn on V-sync in-game it'll cap your frame rate at 60 for you. FYI

Yeah, I know about v-sync, but since I'm using a mouse, I would invariably get input lag, which I hate. xD I prefer capping just before the screen's refresh rate, rather than using v-sync.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah, I know about v-sync, but since I'm using a mouse, I would invariably get input lag, which I hate. xD I prefer capping just before the screen's refresh rate, rather than using v-sync.

I use it and I've never had input lag, but you could see if you could use your graphics card's built-in controls to use a frame rate cap.

Thanks Radford and Reedfish. xD

I use it and I've never had input lag, but you could see if you could use your graphics card's built-in controls to use a frame rate cap.

Some people are more sensitive to it than others, it seems.

To quote an online article, "due to the nature of how V-sync works with the framebuffer, the perceived image drawn by your screen is effectively in the past, which makes your controls feel laggy and unresponsive." - just in-case you found it curiuos. What confuses me, is why controllers seems to avoid the input lag. It may be that special mice also avoid it.