Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor. What Does It Do?

Ryanshow

Question

20 answers to this question

I see armor values on the wiki but what does 100 armor actually do?

Mitigated damage = Armor/(100+Armor).

So an armor rating of 100 means you mitigated 50% damage done to health (and health ONLY).

EDIT: Corrected formula name from "Received Damage" to "Mitigated Damage"

Edited by honeybadger

Armor is something that makes your HP (once your shields are depleted) be drained slower as you take damage.

The more armor the less HP the enemy takes you if your shields are depleted.

The less armor the more HP the enemy will take you when your shields are depleted. 

So, armor has nothing to do with the shield it self, only works whenever the shield it's gone.

Whoops!  You are correct.  That formula is for damage mitigated!

In your case, you are mitigating 75% damage.

Derp, thanks.

Then armor mods seem pretty pointless. Rhino has the highest base armor of 150, which gives him base 60% reduction. With a nearly maxed mod, it only increases his reduction by about 15%.

Then armor mods seem pretty pointless. Rhino has the highest base armor of 150, which gives him base 60% reduction. With a nearly maxed mod, it only increases his reduction by about 15%.

That is a fair assessment.  Armor in its current state is, across the board, inferior to increased shield capacity.

Armor mods are only worth it on rhino and frost as you can get close to 300 armor which basically means you get health taken times 4 (with health globes being 4 times as effective).

An interesting question at this point: With the frost helmet, do you get the armor mod additively or multiplacetively applied? That's a difference of around 50 armor. In the latter case, you could get frosts armor up to almost 400.

he also has  base god mode for cheap ^^

Ironically Frost gets the best armor in the game with his helmet on I believe. + 33% of base I assume for  50 more armor.

150 + 50 + 165(from maxed steel fiber) = 365 armor for

78% damage reduction in health. That's pretty formidable.

HP / 1- DR = effective health

I think...

At 30 his effective health becomes slightly less than 1400 without any vitality mod. With maxed vitality that becomes...

3400?

That sounds odd... Is it really that much? Thats more than formidable. That's a powerhouse.

Ironically Frost gets the best armor in the game with his helmet on I believe. + 33% of base I assume for  50 more armor.

150 + 50 + 165(from maxed steel fiber) = 365 armor for

78% damage reduction in health. That's pretty formidable.

HP / 1- DR = effective health

I think...

At 30 his effective health becomes slightly less than 1400 without any vitality mod. With maxed vitality that becomes...

3400?

That sounds odd... Is it really that much? Thats more than formidable. That's a powerhouse.

That's what my math says too!  He is so much better than Rhino sadly...

Rhino has iron skin...combined with efficiency and duration, that's unlimited invulnerability.

Dependant on energy to do so. Frost is passive. And snow globe gives functional invulnerability in most cases if you play your cards right..

Dependant on energy to do so. Frost is passive. And snow globe gives functional invulnerability in most cases if you play your cards right..

sadly your reply is invalid due to the point where snow globe costs 75 energy. so it's more expensive.

And a rhino player can easily gather 2 energy orbs and get more 15 secs of god mode for cheap.

And there is the part of the mods. There's Flow and Continuity. Oh right more? Energy Siphon. Free energy everyone! :D

sadly your reply is invalid due to the point where snow globe costs 75 energy. so it's more expensive.

And a rhino player can easily gather 2 energy orbs and get more 15 secs of god mode for cheap.

And there is the part of the mods. There's Flow and Continuity. Oh right more? Energy Siphon. Free energy everyone! :D

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Frost_%28Warframe%29

Is the wiki wrong?

Snow globe is listed at 50 energy...

Also snow globe I would argue is superior since it lasts 30 seconds, and has functional invulnerability for multiple party members.