The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Warframe Idea - Yoto (The Conjurer)

TunaMayo

I've been bored as my laptop is dying therefore i am unable to play warframe at the moment so i turned my attention to the forums and decided to have a stab at a warframe idea. Here we go.

Frame name : Yoto. Stemming from Byoto which i believe means conjurer in japanese roughly.

Concept : Similar to green lantern style, Yoto is able to create matter out of thin air in order to aid himself and his team. Focusing mainly on crowd control Yoto is (in my eyes) the lovechild between Nyx and Loki. I do have a design concept in mind and if anyone is interested i can try and upload it, but i can't draw for toffee so for now i will save myself the embarrassment. 

Description : Sinister looking with a light armour/gladiator concept going on. The idea i have is for him to have almost devil horns, but if anyone can come up with a different idea to make him look sinister i will jump at the opportunity.

Yoto draws his ability to create matter from his energy store which would be a glowing ball contained in the back of the warframes helmet, in a similar position to the golden ring on Excalibur prime. Said energy ball would glow brighter during power cast animations.

Would have the classic 4 double scratch mod slots and 2 single scratch (flow/continuity/reach/rush etc).

Frame would have minimal armour (10) and a high base energy, mid to high sprint speed with mid shield recovery.

Powers : 

1. "Quick Surface/Wall" (10 energy)

Yoto quickly creates a flat surface either horizontally (hip fire) or vertically (aiming) allowing him to arrive at hard to get to locations or as a quick get a way by spamming the power and running away. Can also be used as a quick get away from melee mobs as the surface allows frames to pass through when jumping under it but then holding their weight when they land on it. The surfaces would have a short duration that would increase with leveling (3/6/9 seconds) meaning that leveled, which a continuity mod they can also be used as a viable platform from melee mobs. The surfaces do have a very small health pool and therefore standing on them against large groups of ranged mobs is unadvised. Is affected by continuity and reach mods.

2. "Cage" (50 energy)

Yoto creates a cage around the targeted enemy, rendering them unable to move and forcing them into melee combat in order to destroy their energy prison, reverting back to range afterwards. Useful for quickly trapping annoying heavy mobs (Toxic ancients/Grineer commanders). Has unlimited duration but limited health pool, increasing upon leveling (250/500/750 health, will edit if OP). When cast upon boss enemies the cage will be quickly destroyed by the bosses strong melee attacks, but can be used for quick relief if needing to revive a team mate. Is affected by focus mods (Cage health).

3. "Overshield" (75 energy)

Yoto summons energy around himself, creating an overshield that lasts indefinitely with a limited, non regenerative shield strength. Overshield gives Yoto slight agility boost (+25% speed) for the duration, allowing for use to quickly escape a horde of enemies, rush a map or rush to an ally requiring revival. Overshield does allow for frames actual shields to regenerate. This power also allows the player to mod a frame towards powers and frame agility as the frame has the ability to call upon extra shields at will. Shield strength increases upon leveling (250/500/750 shields, will edit if needs balancing) and is affected by focus mods (increasing shield strength).

4. "Entangle" (100 energy)

Yoto uses a large amount of energy, creating chains/ropes that grab the arms and legs of all enemies with range of the power, causing them to become immobilised and unable to attack for the duration of the power. Upon the duration ending, enemies fall to the ground with exhaustion from struggling. Similar effect to Rhino Stomp, but with a different animation and opening up the viability for headshotting many enemies. When cast upon a boss they quickly break free, one limb at a time due to their increased strength. Duration and Range would increase upon leveling (4/8/12 seconds, range i haven't decided, similar to Rhino Stomp i guess). Affected by reach and continuity mods.

Any comments/improvements would be appreciated!