Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Music Doesn't Bring Me Into The Game.

Innocent_Flower

Firstly I became aware some time ago that we finaly had some new music. I noted I liked some of the new stuff a little better than the other new stuff; But that ain't the problem. 

Firstly, the music doesn't feel relevant to what I'm doing.  It isn't exciting when I'm doing exciting things. It doesn't bring atmosphere, suspense or quiet when nothing's happening. 

I'm not expecting some kind of ultra dynamic music (though for a game that requires you to play the same mission over and over again; That should surely be a top goal for the sound folk) but could we at least have a good distinction between battle and not battle? 

Good example of music in a game; Deus ex. Slow, artsy,suspenseful, atmospheric when you're not doing anything. Then explosive when the enemy see you. As an added bonus , unlike warframe, the music was closely themed to the environment; Oriental instruments and paterns apeared alongside the techno when you were in hong-kong. Now warframe has the issue where there's only excitement if appropriately high levels appear in appropriately high numbers (never) but it's clearly something warframe needs to try and surpass. 

Possible (different) ideas. 

1-  If an enemy were to attack at 7 seconds in of "slow music track" then "combat music track" will begin to play at 7 seconds in. The two tracks are both made so that they can seamlessly change to the other and back again whenever appropriate. (you could also use more than just "slow" and "combat". You could have even more grand music for heavy combat, or even more suspensful music for when the game is momentarily allowing you rest)

2- The music is recorded in lots of seperate layers. More layers are used when the gameplay is asking for it. 

3- The music is recorded in lots of short bits. The game chooses what bit to play next based on gameplay. 

4- A combination of the above.