Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Feline Frame, Ideas And Concepts! (Thanks Derebecca For The Idea <3)

EclipsedHusky

So during the last stream DERebecca made a joke towards a "Cat based Frame" this of course got me thinking about things so here are my ideas so far! Feel free to comment, add, and make up your own ideas.

Name: Gemini

Gender: Female (I can't think of a feline character as male so yeah...)

Base colors: Orange and white (based off of a Tabby's usual fur coloring)

Base stats:

Health: 100

Shields: 100

Power: 150 (end lv30 with 225)

Armor:25

Sprint speed :1.3 or 1.4 (1.4 is the same as Ash)

Shield recharge: 20

Abilities:

1. "Reflexes" Boosts fire rate and reload speed for a set % for a short time, upgrades add to the percent NOT the time it lasts. This would have a small AoE so it would act as a BUFF for teammates close enough. I have been thinking that it would be best if it were a 5upgrade slotted type and start at either 5% speed boost peaking at 30% or 3%-18%.

Costs :25

2."Claws" Adds energy/laser claws to the ends of her hands. This would add a set % of damage to all melee strikes that is based off the damage being dealt. (so it is applied AFTER things like damage up, crits, and charged strikes) upgrade adds a longer time for the claws to be out.

Costs: 75

3."Maul" Having played the game quite a bit there are a few misleading mods, Mainly Armor piercing. This is an extra element that simply adds damage. If you were to do say 100 damage and had a 50% AP mod, it would do 100 then pop up 50. Most all enemies in game have a default amount of what I will call "defense" having just run a test using the snipetron the average Grineer if shot in the head would take 100, but if hit in the chest, legs or anywhere NOT the head it was reduced alot. Lancers would take only 33 damage if not shot in the head. So in the end that 50% if a body hit would be 33+ 50% OF 33.

Now for what "Scratching Post" does!

My idea for Scratching Post is that Gemini would leap at, scratch the enemy you aimed at a few times then a back flip, and actually LOWER this defense stat, eventually at max level cutting 50% of that armor.

Cost:75 or 100

4."Ninth Life" Gemini would create a copy/ghost of herself. (or maybe the idea could be she is so fast she is seen in two places at a time) This would actually have a new style of clone, instead of a decoy or a lure this fights with/AS you. It would copy EVERY action you do effectively doubling your damage output.(it would stay at your side at all times so as to not block your shots if walking backwards)  At level zero it would last six seconds maxing it out it would last nine.

cost: 100/125

I know most of you will probably see this idea and say "SO OP!", but I have been thinking a lot and really its not that OP as it stands in my mind it would have NO invincible frames and a very long casting time.

Curious what you people think, still wracking my brain on ideas for things in this game that I know will never live to see the light of day, but it is fun. :3

Thanks

tsubasakuroi for the idea of Maul, and Claws, as the names.

Edited by BobBoberson

Sounds interesting, and I think it could be really fun. Only things that spring to mind is the claws might feel out of place on most weapons if they're like Wolverines claws, or even just claws from the end of the finger (ya know, like normal ones) if they also swing with their weapon. So perhaps instead the claws still have a damage increase, but you attack using them instead of the weapon. Perhaps with a corresponding damage increase based on what kind of range/reach you're giving up.

3 I really like, and think it's fairly well balanced, except perhaps a reduced percentage on bosses (like half). Otherwise my only issue is you're idea on how she applies it as that could be disorienting. Maybe it's just a modified melee attack? (Kinda loses some fun animation flavor, but I'm also willing to bet someone can address this better than me)

4 just sounds like so much fun. My only thought would be to maybe just have the copy "piggyback" the main frame and shoot from there? I "think" that could solve some or all of the issues a clone would make with LoS issues. Also that means you don't inadvertently have it shooting into a wall. Which would suck big time.

Otherwise sounds like quite a bit of fun to play.

EDIT: Oh another way to make 4 work would be to give it limited AI. So like you cast it somewhere with 4 (like Loki's decoy) and for as long as it lasts pushing it again will have it move to attack the target in your cross hairs when you push the ability again.

Edited by Kalriostraz

How on earth does a "kitty cat" match up with the world of tenno, grineer, corpus, and infested that fight in space with guns and ninja weapons...

This does NOT fit at all.

It is entirely out of place...

While I agree that kitty cat doesn't match quite well you can still create a feline based frame. Lions/tigers/cheetahs are all felines and many warframes are already based off animals.

EDIT: Oh another way to make 4 work would be to give it limited AI. So like you cast it somewhere with 4 (like Loki's decoy) and for as long as it lasts pushing it again will have it move to attack the target in your cross hairs when you push the ability again.

Sounds cool, but we are getting Trapper/engineer(same guy just what his concept called him) soon and well I hope he has a turret for that sort of thing.

Edited by BobBoberson

No need to fight over the whole world aspect since it is simply an idea...by a fan...And if you see the streams the company is pretty silly.

Side note if you didn't watch the stream swords weren't even a thing until one of the arts guys made a picture of Exacl with a gun AND sword. Just saying ideas can show up outta no where even when said no to already. :3

Edited by BobBoberson

Side not if you didn't watch the stream swords weren't even a thing until one of the arts guys made a picture of Exacl with a gun AND sword.

Yeah, that bit was pretty interesting. It took that one picture to convince Steve, and he's always carrying around some kind of nerf melee weapon in the streams...

Fun stuff.

I don't see why a cat frame is inconceivable.  The names can be changed to be less silly and retain the same function...

I would point out that the frame would have 187.5 final power if it grew like other frames.  I see little point in it being different for difference's sake, so I would rather it just be 150.  The feline frame seems more light than medium to me so I guess I would expect it to have less armor (though 10 seems low)