Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Damage Does Not Work As Guest In Multiplayer.

Roukoswarf

Tested with Paris of multiple players, along with swords.

Steps:

1. Host match

2. Shoot enemy with weapon modded with elemental damage

3. observe proper number of hit splashes (in my case 3 per hit, 6 when split barrel kicks in)

4. Join match

5. Shoot enemy with same weapon

6. observe missing elemental damage hit splashes (one splash per hit)

This is a rather irritating bug which halves my damage and has been tested by many people who i have come across to be very reproducable.

Anyone else with this?

Please note the elemental effect still appears, but the damage does not.

Edited by Roukoswarf

From what I understand, it's just the visual hits that are reduced (perhaps for performance reasons) not the actual damage being done. The hits are still registering, you just don't see the numbers "splash" the same way you see them in solo mode.

i also have a paris and notice about those numbers splashing in join matches are far less than playing solo/host, i did some test between hosting and joining and notice that even though the number splashes are just 2 and pretty low than usual in the join match, the hp of the target i attack is still the same damage i do as a host or solo. so it looks like the number damage just not transmit well when playing in a join match but damage is the same.

though there are some cases where when i use a charged shot on an enemy, and the damage numbers reflect on the hp. and thus making me use charged shot less when playing in a join match

I notice the damage feels much less, running some bosses the bar drops much less when guest per shot.

It also seems to kill the second arrow from multishot's damage, but i am unsure of that or if it is just not showing that damage either.

If it is hiding for lag concerns (text streaming would honestly be the lightest thing network wise this game would do, dont see reasons on cutting it) I would like an official word on it to make sure.

Edited by Roukoswarf

I notice the damage feels much less, running some bosses the bar drops much less when guest per shot.

It also seems to kill the second arrow from multishot's damage, but i am unsure of that or if it is just not showing that damage either.

If it is hiding for lag concerns (text streaming would honestly be the lightest thing network wise this game would do, dont see reasons on cutting it) I would like an official word on it to make sure.

I guess it's just that the enemy has more HP due to more players ingame. You play solo alot don't you?

I tested this in full games with me hosting. I 6 shot hek in solo, i know its not a fair comparison.

I would like an official word instead of an assumption of the same without display if this is truly not a bug.

Edited by Roukoswarf