Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arsonide's Big List Of Small (Hotfixable) Changes

Arsonide

Arsonide's Big List of Small (Hotfixable) Changes

I want to gather together a big list of small changes that can be either merged in with a hot fix, or into Update 8, things that wouldn't take long to implement. This is somewhat of a record of my ideas, so I don't forget them, but mostly things that I'd like to see implemented. I want to gather this list and I'll try to keep it near the top of the forums for a while so it is seen. If you have any suggestions for the list, just reply and if it's nothing crazy, I'll add it.

1. Elevation arrows on the radar are great! It would look more polished, and more importantly, less confusing when enemy radar/loot radar is active, if these arrows were colored according to the icon they were under. Player? Green arrow. Loot? Yellow arrow. Objective? Yellow arrow. Enemy? Red arrow. Etc.

2. If I am the host, and a client opens a locker while I am looking at it, "[X] USE TO OPEN LOCKER" gets plastered in the center of my screen permanently - until I look at another interactive object. This bug has existed at least since Update 7 went live, and it's pretty annoying. My friends actually hang back from lockers now that I'm near to avoid it.

3. Do not let clan members enter private games! Private means private. I was part of a large clan that I actually ended up leaving, even though I enjoyed being in it, because they kept randomly joining games that were meant only for me and my friend. The ideal solution for this would be to have Friend games and Clan games, instead of lumping them all into the private category.

4. It would be nice to sell ammo, health kits, and all that other consumable crap that we earn from daily lotteries and defense missions. I never use these things, so they are just clogging up my inventory. It would also be nice to sell resources for credits, but that might be a bit of a stretch, balance wise.

5. It would be nice if my sentinel disappeared with me when I stealth on Ash or Loki, at least if it was a Shade. I understand this might be a balance issue, rather than an oversight, however.

6. On that note - Shade needs to knock off the unnecessary or flat out harmful ghost casts. If a Nyx casts Absorb, she WANTS to be seen, and frequently Shade will ghost it. The same thing can be said for Rhino in Iron Skin. As a general rule of thumb, Shade shouldn't ghost anybody that is currently invincible for some reason. That also extends to Banshee/Volt/Anybody casting AoEs, etc.

7. More alert rewards? Perhaps a small amount of resources, or a mod? Just for variety? Maybe?

8. The platinum cost of rushing an item in the Foundry needs to be pro-rated, so it costs based on how much time is left on the build, instead of a flat amount.

9. Manual flashlight control.

10. Would it be hard to also show mods that are equipped in other non-active warframes in the general mod screen? Flow is very rare, and I only have like two. I keep one in Loki at all times, and the other is kind of like the adopted child of separated parents. I pass it back and forth between warframes as needed. This process is still kind of long (swapping to another frame, unequipping, swapping back, and equipping). You already show mods that are equipped in the active warframe, with that little active icon on them, now it would be nice if you showed it with that icon for all of them, and perhaps on the bottom left corner, have a little portrait of the warframe it's in. Then it'd be simple to drag Flow from Nyx, straight to Ember.

11. Split pickup notifications for supplies (ammo, credits, energy) away from notifications for resource pickups. It takes forever to figure out if I just picked up rubedo or alloy plates because I have to step off of any credits or ammo or energy that might be lying around. Either have separate areas for these notifications to pop up, or implement a queue of notifications that scroll up and time out. This would be a great quality of life change.

12. Nobody is ever going to use enemy radar or loot radar over shields or more powerful powers. These would fit in much better as sentinel mods and see much more usage there.

Edited by Arsonide

1. Yes. Not much more to add to that.

2. Oh, I've had that a couple times and couldn't figure out what it was. Good to know!

3. Alternatively, "private" and "invite-only".

4. Definitely agree on the consumables, I don't ever bother with that stuff.

5. Yes. Given that they fixed Shade going invisible when it uses Ghost this seems like more of an oversight than a balancing thing.

6. Maybe have it so Ghost won't get cast while a duration-skill is in effect?

7. No comment here.

8. Makes sense to me.

9. No comment.

10. Yeah, the switching-around thing is pretty painful at the moment. At the very minimum a faster way to equip/unequip (right-click to do this seems the easiest to me) would be nice.