Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy stuff going on around Earth

Cibi_Lumine

First off I absolutly love this. If it is a bug keep it.

Alright then, while farming Rubedo around Earth, doing various missions comapring drop rates and which missions give the most, Something very odd happened. I was on the mission Lua which is an infested sabotage mission. Useually you get infested on infested missions right? Well right about where most would consider is the middle of the mission I started to hear something out of the ordinary for Infestedn, gunfire and orders being called out. I went to infestigate and in the next room was a platoon of Grineer marines fighting the infested. This as far as I know doesnt happen all that much but it was pretty cool to see. I wondered why they were there. I came to the conclusion that they were there to reclaim the ship from the infested. From that room on I fought Grineer instead of the infested with a few straglers here and there and sometimes solitary rooms where the infested were fighting back.

This could be a spawning bug. If so please leave it in because it added a ton of imerssion. It made the fight seem organic and that I was the random variable and they were already fighting when I got there.

But that was not the last time this happened. The game directly after I played a Grineer sabotage mission called Mantle. It was fine until about two minutes in when the ship was boarded by some infested and all throughout the ship there were infested vs. marine fights. It was a bit different that the first because once the Grineer showed up the infested practically vanished. This time I was interveining on open warfare everytime I entered a room.

This makes me wonder how this happens and how to make it happen. I wonder if any "contested" areas (places where two factions are in the same system) will yeild a fight for you take part of.

Nah, it's not a bug to have multiple factions present in one mission, although the AI sure acts like it is one. It's great for causing mobs to stand around ignoring you and looking through walls at turrets/other mobs they can't actually see.

haha yeah early today I got to watch an Shockwave Moa fight an Ancient Disruptor, the Shockwave Moa won o.o'

yeah also I did a "Rescue" mission on Infected scenary but once I reach the prison Grineers started to pop up so had to fight both Grineers and Infections, that was fun and surprising

I love it.

The balance is different each time too, as OP mentioned; Sometimes it is a fairly even fight and you will see both factions fighting room to room, other times the new faction overwhelms and you end up fighting just them from that point onward. Sometimes you even get to see the new faction for a room or two, and then back to the original faction from them on.

Its great to watch the AI fight itself, and it makes the game feel much more alive.

I like how sometimes you get extra objectives, and even complete switchups when a new faction shows up.

Edited by Nitris