Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More 'dubstep'

Twixcard

Significant improvement over the last, I know I ragged on the 8-bitty sound of the last

Fan the flames seems fitting enough XD

Haha It's cool, I actually stopped using the 8-bitty stuff and started to make more "instruments" like these.

Pretty good work, but that's not dubstep, is just techno with a slightly different BPM.

THIS is dubstep:

Heavy, epic, not irritating voices changing pitch or random noises.

Protip: Skrillex f*cked up all dubstep genre, he popularized Complextro (electro genre) as dubstep or brostep (which doesn't even exist).

Edited by Ev1s

Pretty good work, but that's not dubstep, is just techno with a slightly different BPM.

THIS is dubstep:

Heavy, epic, not irritating voices changing pitch or random noises.

Protip: Skrillex f*cked up all dubstep genre, he popularized Complextro (electro genre) as dubstep or brostep (which doesn't even exist).

kinda screwed yourself with that link and yet saying not irritating pitch changes and random noises

kinda screwed yourself with that link and yet saying not irritating pitch changes and random noises

Bratkilla: Instruments, beautiful voices and well made sounds in synchrony.

Now take one of those guys who got into the "dubstep wagon" for money, for example: Nero

Same phrase looping over and over, the whole song sounds like made on FL Studio by a unexperienced person, yet he's very famous and definitely not a beginner.

You may not like real Dubstep and that's fine because its a matter of personal taste, but when criticizing anything, not only music, you must have at least a little of technical knowledge and be careful to not throw some words that could mean "OMG THIS SUCKS" or "MY TASTE IS BETTER THAN YOURS". Even if I don't like something, I can still distinguish really well what is poorly made and what isn't.

@Topic: Being more clear, I enjoyed the tune you made <3

Bratkilla: Instruments, beautiful voices and well made sounds in synchrony.

Now take one of those guys who got into the "dubstep wagon" for money, for example: Nero

Same phrase looping over and over, the whole song sounds like made on FL Studio by a unexperienced person, yet he's very famous and definitely not a beginner.

You may not like real Dubstep and that's fine because its a matter of personal taste, but when criticizing anything, not only music, you must have at least a little of technical knowledge and be careful to not throw some words that could mean "OMG THIS SUCKS" or "MY TASTE IS BETTER THAN YOURS". Even if I don't like something, I can still distinguish really well what is poorly made and what isn't.

@Topic: Being more clear, I enjoyed the tune you made <3

Well... Dubstep has grown wider and wider as well as a lot of other EDM genres. It's not about Dubstep being limited to certain kind of dubstep (nasty basslines, clever use of sounds, dark and 70% bass), It's all about the half beat, 140 and the groove. I personally have nothing against the more popular "dubstep" or what ever you feel like calling it now days, and I do enjoy the old school stuff as well, and why I love producing, is because I have free hands of what I'm doing. I can do what ever I think sounds good! I really do appreciate all feedback, maybe I'll try to bring back some old school vibe, like last time I got rid of all 8 bit-ish stuff.

There's no such thing as "real music", it's all matter of preference, cheers for commenting your thoughts :)