Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrobatic Manuevers

Odde07

When I play I like to try and keep moving as much as possible, so I'm a big fan of manuevers like jumping and shooting, sliding, all that fancy jazz. But it makes it really difficult to keep my aim straight in the air. Which I like because it's believable, but there not much benefit beyond it looking cool. So I'm wondering if there's some kind of damage bonus to damage I'm just not seeing? If not, do you think something like that would be balanced?

No. Game should not give you increased damage because you aren't able to hit targets while jumping, thats just the game holding your hand to much

I'm only suggesting it because this game has so many cool acrobatic options, but mostly I just see people either shooting like it's an FPS or just charge mellee-ing anything that moves. And I think the extra incentive would encourage people to use these abilities more. Plus, I've always enjoyed the idea that the more badass a move is, the more badass its damage should be. In some ways the fact that it makes you harder to hit can be a bonus in its own self, but I've always looked at this kind of move as more offensive than defensive.

The problem with the acrobatics is that they're just inefficient, and aren't useful either offensively or defensively. There isn't a good feel when using them in combat, they lack a certain fluidity.

-Rolling is slow, has a recovery time when you finish

-Not enough air-time while shooting in mid-air

-Backflips also have a recovery time

-Mantling animation takes too long

The only useful acrobatic maneuver is the slide.

Edited by Rusalki