Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum - Why It Should Change, Why We Should Buy It

DaveC

They already gave you a free game bro.... charging £3.99 for the smallest amount of platinum is not a big deal. "Psychologically" it should be a no-brainer to purchase a slot if you enjoy the game considering it was free. Support the devs. If dropping £3.99 is a big deal to you then I would venture to say you aren't DE's target audience. People are spending tons of $ on this game. I have 3 friends who purchased Grandmaster foundsers status in just the past 2 days... that's a $250.00 (USD) purchase per person.

There are people who have very little expendable money, hence why F2P games are so appealing.

Think of it this way, if DE allowed him to simply pick how much Plat he wants, he'd have bought a slot by now. Instead he's very reluctant to do it because he has to pay in packs which are inherently designed to leave you with Platinum left over. The same system used by carnivals and such so you have left over tickets you can't use.

The game would be better off if they just replaced Platinum with a wallet system like Steam Wallet.

You get 50 free platinum. By the time you are making your third or fourth warframe and your 10 or 12 weapon, you really kind of owe them at that point. Why do so many people think Free 2 Play means they are never expected to pay and the game will continue to develop and prosper on hopes and good wishes? 

Is this a joke? Are people honestly this delusional? I don't owe the developers anything. The money I give them is what I feel like giving them. Like it or not, 90% of the people who play this game spend little money on it. That's the appeal of a free to play game.

Wow loads of people making assumptions about me, my marketing skills.and merchant charges.

I retired at 44 because I was very good at what I did, plus I was a very good businessman in my private life. I never need to work again  and happily don't (I only do a little consultancy, if I am interested in a project). Merchant fees are set on 2 parameters. 1st how much overall money you put through a year and then that % figure is applied to each transaction. There is no "real" processing cost to electronic transactions. It's about an an everybody win scenario. The EFT companies and the businesses. EFT companies don't really care if its 1 Million via 1 million small transactions or 250K larger transactions. Yes they make a little more, but were talking about money the developers DONT get now, that perhaps they could get.

The difference in collecting 4 lots of £1 and 1 lot of £4 is probably only a few pennies.

Plus I'm not whining, just trying to point to a what I believe makes a better way for them to make much more money than they are. The comments that if it was right then they would do it, don't necessarily follow. People don't always do what's right. Also remember about them giving a free game. Our time and participation is what makes money for them, even the free players. People who say your getting it for free want to think about the whole business model a little bit harder.

It's a beta, they are sticking a toe in the water, this is simply an area they could make some significant improvements in....mainly to benefit themselves. In a sense I will probably get bored with this game, long before I ever feel the need to drop £3.99 on it. A £1 here and there throghout the year...might just keep me coming back occasionally.

P.S A lot of the money I made was from actually listening to the people who had better ideas than I did!

Edited by DaveC