Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive. So You Cant By It`s Bp...

Ling-Ling

Evil marketing scheme.

Let us support you cause we love you DE, not cause you try to trick us into buying a melee weapon for 150 plat, just cause it's concept is cool.

I'm never going to get excited about any new weapons if this is a trend. The more excited we get the more chance DE will try to pull something like this again.

--

Edited by Nokturnal

I really like this game etc. but sorry, this is somewhat mean marketing stuff here...Hyping the Glaive, then putting it in the market for 10$, either you look out for alerts 24/7 or you buy it. It's free to play, I know, microtransactions, yeah, but this is not the way it should have been implemented. 

Maybe a blueprint for, I don't know, 100k credits, so they make their share of money through the platinum buyers and the others, like me, who (don't) have platinum/don't want to spend it for weapons, but have tons of credits, could buy it. But no :(

It was a big deal, a ton of people wanted it. Now that they have to wait an unknown amount of time before their shot at getting a free one, even more people will throw their money at DE to get the Glaive now instead of waiting.

It was a smart marketing move, but not cool. Not cool at all.

Grey, nothing but respect mate but I don't agree here.

If it had entered play as just the alert BP, how would that have been any better?

Dark series weapons are Alert BP only, as are a few other items.

Now if people want to spend the Platinum to 'get it first' they can.  That's their prerogative.

Myself, I'm content to wait for an alert much as I'd like the Glaive for same reason I like any alert that gives something; gives a real value to alert hunting past credit totals.

I agree this was a savvy marketing move more than anything, and I think a very clear test yet again of their historically random and variable pricing in the market to test people's price point tolerances and buying habits.

But I don't think this is egregious in any way considering the Glaive is still totally accessible via gameplay.

We have items that are ONLY accessible via alert game play with no shop buy equivalent and people view that as alright.  This is no different than the Warframe helmets that are Plat purchasable or alert BP craftable, no?

Even if there was a BP for the Glaive in the store, impatient people will still buy it with platinum to skip the build time (+ a built in catalyst).

Exactly, it's just an evil marketing scheme.

"No Glaive for you... unless you pay.. or wait for an insanely rare alert"

--

Edited by Nokturnal

It's pretty damn cool that they're allowing us to get it "free" at all. They could say "suck it up and pony up the cash, chumps", along with a lot of other items that they give us for free through alerts.

Grey, nothing but respect mate but I don't agree here.

*Speech*

The only thing I don't consider cool is how they hyped it up, gave little teases, and then right at the very last second went "Oh by the way, only the people with money can play with it for now. The rest of you can wait and hope a Glaive ? alert pops up and you're able to log on when it happens." There was no warning or words otherwise at all.

I'm not trying to say "GIVE ME FREE GLAIVES", just that if they're going to pull something like this, the decent thing to do would be to let us know earlier.

I have this bad feeling its gonna get nerfed. critting for 700 on mid lvl infested. One shotteing ancients. All charged attacks but still seem strong for mine only being lvl 4, although it has a potato.

Oh and it's insanely OP to boot?

/sarcasm Yea totally not an evil marketing scheme. /sarcasm off

--

Edited by Nokturnal

Heat Dagger costs 75 plat.

Glaive costs 150 plat.

Both are melee weapons, both can be only gotten for plat or BP from alerts.

Hyping it up for evil marketing scheme level? Over 9000

Nok,

I make no excuses nor semblance of comprehension on their price pointing of _anything_ in the Market.  As I said, I think the price points are near random to test people's purchasing tolerances.

Is the specific price point out to lunch?  I wouldn't pay it, but I think 75 plat for a colour palette is pointlessly steep and that the Warframe pricing is nonsensical past the 75 Plat trio.  In that you have a point, fair enough.

But you're the first person I saw who reacted to the price point being set, and not the structure of the Glaive's availability.

I think the structure has plenty of precedent in system already, hype notwithstanding.

All I'm trying to get across is I think the structure of this is still fair and even, though the price point may very well be missing the mark as you point out.

Oh and it's insanely OP to boot?

/sarcasm Yea totally not an evil marketing scheme. /sarcasm off

--

Yah, being clearly overclocked is pretty indefensible if not obviously accidental/bug related, can't argue that whatsoever.

OH MY GOSH, DEVELOPERS ACTUALLY TRY TO MAKE MONEY OFF VIDEO GAMES?! THE HORROR.

Really, people? You really can't wait a bit to find a blueprint? And if you haven't noticed, (correct me if I'm wrong, please) the heat dagger can only be bought with platinum, and can only be found for free through alerts. Nobody freaked out about that. They'll probably have the alert to acquire the glaive soon, it's amazing how much people are freaking out over this.

Nok,

I make no excuses nor semblance of comprehension on their price pointing of _anything_ in the Market.  As I said, I think the price points are near random to test people's purchasing tolerances.

Is the specific price point out to lunch?  I wouldn't pay it, but I think 75 plat for a colour palette is pointlessly steep and that the Warframe pricing is nonsensical past the 75 Plat trio.  In that you have a point, fair enough.

But you're the first person I saw who reacted to the price point being set, and not the structure of the Glaive's availability.

I think the structure has plenty of precedent in system already, hype notwithstanding.

All I'm trying to get across is I think the structure of this is still fair and even, though the price point may very well be missing the mark as you point out.

There's so many things wrong with hyping it up so much then releasing it for only Plat, the price difference just solidifies the fact that it's an evil marketing scheme.

Really, people? You really can't wait a bit to find a blueprint? And if you haven't noticed, (correct me if I'm wrong, please) the heat dagger can only be bought with platinum, and can only be found for free through alerts. Nobody freaked out about that. They'll probably have the alert to acquire the glaive soon, it's amazing how much people are freaking out over this.

I'm really &!$$ed off cause I stayed up waiting for the update so I could start crafting the Glaive and could goto bed, now I have to worry whether or not a glaive BP is gonna pop while I'm in dreamland.

Just springing this on the community on such a hyped up weapon without any warning is very messed up.

--

Edited by Nokturnal

It was a big deal, a ton of people wanted it. Now that they have to wait an unknown amount of time before their shot at getting a free one, even more people will throw their money at DE to get the Glaive now instead of waiting.

It was a smart marketing move, but not cool. Not cool at all.

Read some of the posts. I quote: The only thing I don't consider cool is how they hyped it up, gave little teases, and then right at the very last second went "Oh by the way, only the people with money can play with it for now. The rest of you can wait and hope a Glaive ? alert pops up and you're able to log on when it happens." There was no warning or words otherwise at all.

I'm not trying to say "GIVE ME FREE GLAIVES", just that if they're going to pull something like this, the decent thing to do would be to let us know earlier.

The only thing I don't consider cool is how they hyped it up, gave little teases, and then right at the very last second went "Oh by the way, only the people with money can play with it for now. The rest of you can wait and hope a Glaive ? alert pops up and you're able to log on when it happens." There was no warning or words otherwise at all.

As I said, the hype and price point I think folks can take aim on with fairness.  My only rebuttal was that the structure of it had precedent and wasn't so clearly a horrifying cash grab by simply having the BP as an alert item.

I wasn't assuming you wanted a free Glaive mate, just saying that I personally see nothing wrong with having the item Alert BP sourced and Plat accessible.  For how MUCH Platinum is just as debatable as the prices on most things in the market.

I'm really &!$$ed off cause I stayed up waiting for the update so I could start crafting the Glaive and could goto bed, now I have to worry whether or not a glaive BP is gonna pop while I'm in dreamland.

How's it their fault you stayed up late? If you miss it while you're sleeping, it will come again. Just have some patience man.

Says the guy without even a founder's pack?

And yea, heat dagger can only be bought with plat or found on alerts too, but it was never hyped up and it only cost 75 plat.

Says the guy without even a founder's pack?

And yea, heat dagger can only be bought with plat or found on alerts too, but it was never hyped up and it only cost 75 plat.

Not having founders doesn't mean that I haven't spent money on the game, and it doesn't make my argument any more or less valid.