The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive. So You Cant By It`s Bp...

Ling-Ling

As I said, the hype and price point I think folks can take aim on with fairness.  My only rebuttal was that the structure of it had precedent and wasn't so clearly a horrifying cash grab by simply having the BP as an alert item.

Yes, the availability has precedent, but the way it was presented beforehand was not. They didn't get everyone worked up and excited and anxious for a heat dagger. Like I said, I can live with the availability of the weapon. It was how I found out about the availability that I was not okay with. Waiting for weeks, excited about how awesome it was going to be, hearing it was coming out today, waiting anxiously for the update to come, impatiently waiting for the patching to finish, logging in, going to the marketplace, seeing the buyable with plat version, reaching the last page without seeing the bp, rescanning the weapons section multiple times, going to the forums because I hope it's just a bug, seeing Rebecca confirm it was only available outside of the market in ? alert form, and then that sinking feeling inside.

Yes, the availability has precedent, but the way it was presented beforehand was not. They didn't get everyone worked up and excited and anxious for a heat dagger. Like I said, I can live with the availability of the weapon. It was how I found out about the availability that I was not okay with. Waiting for weeks, excited about how awesome it was going to be, hearing it was coming out today, waiting anxiously for the update to come, impatiently waiting for the patching to finish, logging in, going to the marketplace, seeing the buyable with plat version, reaching the last page without seeing the bp, rescanning the weapons section multiple times, going to the forums because I hope it's just a bug, seeing Rebecca confirm it was only available outside of the market in ? alert form, and then that sinking feeling inside.

Precisely.

We get it, you should be rewarded for the hard work it took to create the Glaive, but you don't have to scam your customers in order for them to support you. You're not EA.

Question then:

If they had stated from get go it was going to be Plat purchasable and Alert BP as part of the promotional literature and hype?

All would be forgiven?

Or would the outcry be just as high in your opinion?

If the hype factor is the error at hand, worth stating how we feel they could have avoided such a 'bait and switch' style reaction on the part of the community here if the Alert BP was always the plan.

Edited by Drusus

To be honest, I don't even feel that DE themselves hyped the Glaive, all that was said was that on Fridays update, there would be a Glaive. The community created the hype and DE is just making money off it. I didn't see an epic trailer filled with Glaive kill shots or any epic poses with Commander Sheperd holding a Glaive.

Getting rewarded for hard work isn't wrong at all. In fact, you can get the Glaive by working for it. 8D

Edited by Zarrii

If they had stated from get go it was going to be Plat purchasable and Alert BP as part of the promotional literature and hype?

All would be forgiven?

Or would the outcry be just as high in your opinion?

If they had said it wasn't going to be available right away to everyone, or alluded that it was going to be similar to how the heat dagger is available, there would have still been an unhappy reaction, but I honestly believe that it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as how it was today.

I know my reaction would have been "Aw, man... Oh well :/" instead of the indignation I felt when I found out about it today.

Precisely.

We get it, you should be rewarded for the hard work it took to create the Glaive, but you don't have to scam your customers in order for them to support you. You're not EA.

What scam? All I'm seeing is a bunch of whiny asses. They were not the ones that hyped up the weapon, they merely said that the glaive from dark sector was coming and that was about it.

Making it hard to obtain is actually good as it makes the weapon more unique. It's like the Dark Sword before there were so many alerts of it, including that one that lasted like 24 hours.

What I dislike, however, is the fact that it drops from alerts....it's so arbitrary. One could be sleeping or away for 30 minutes and lose it.

I think the Glaive BP should drop from something like very high level defense mission waves, wave 25 or 30 or so. Make it so you have to work for it, rather than being blessed by the RNG god. We already have enough RNG as is.

Making it hard to obtain is actually good as it makes the weapon more unique. It's like the Dark Sword before there were so many alerts of it, including that one that lasted like 24 hours.

What I dislike, however, is the fact that it drops from alerts....it's so arbitrary. One could be sleeping or away for 30 minutes and lose it.

I think the Glaive BP should drop from something like very high level defense mission waves, wave 25 or 30 or so. Make it so you have to work for it, rather than being blessed by the RNG god. We already have enough RNG as is.

Sry still awake, too irritated to sleep now lol.

A good reward system would offer you a very challenging mission in order to get a cool reward like the Glaive.

The random alert system adds some fun randomness to the game but no actual challenge.

Buying with plat is fine. I mean I bought the Sentinel cosmetics with plat and they don't even do anything besides look cool and can only be bought with plat. The Glaive on the other hand is both a weapon and overpriced weapon that you can bypass randomly getting from alerts. The fact that they hyped it up then dropped the bomb on us with it being overpriced and only for plat on release.

(For people arguing against the hype. Did anyone even know about the Ankyros and Grataka before the update came out? They mentioned the Glaive twice in livestreams and then it must've been a "coincidence" how much people were looking forward to it that it became the first weapon to come out in a long, long time that can only be gotten from alerts that is also available for plat and an overpriced amount of plat at that.)

Just makes me never want to be excited for anything coming out ever again.

All I'm seeing is a bunch of whiny asses. 

yep, same here

well one thing's for sure though!

I ain't gonna get any good sleep for the next couple of days

Here's a tip for everyone who's jimmies have been rustled for no reason. Don't hype something up yourselves so that you aren't dissapointed. Contrary to what you lot are claiming DE did NOT hype this weapon in any shape or form. They merely stated that a weapon that the forums had been asking for for a long time was going to be implemented and explained the mechanics of how it would work.

Lord forbid the devs make it so you have to pay to get a weapon when they already pump out enough free content.

Woops, you forgot. They didn't. The BP is obtainable via alert mission. You're also forgetting that the devs are fantastic and will likely release an alert for it within 48 hours.

So, for all those people bouncing in their seats and complaining just because they can't begin crafting it right now: Relax. Patience is rewarded.

Edited by Nitresco