Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spawn Rate Adjustments?

Koliup

So, I've been playing Solo for a while, and I've noticed that the game seems to spawn around the same amount of enemies, group or no group. Which is a little odd. Bosses also seem to have the same amount of health, too. So a little tweaking for how many dudes you've got in your group would be nice.

This gets a little infuriating when you're trying to clear a Corpus ship's room in the Venus area(just having left Mercury), and get treated to a never ending tide of chicken walkers on your second foray. And no, this doesn't happen every time, but when it does it's like the Dos Equis guy is loosing all the beer he drank on you.

And yes, I know we're supposed to be super badass space ninjas, but sometimes you gotta divorce gameplay from story.

Has anyone else noticed this tide of enemies, or do I just need to work on my crowd control ability?

Edited by Koliup

No I have also noticed this, for the most part it's not really a problem but at times it can get really bad. I've been stuck with 40+ enemies chasing me with no ammo left in my weapons because I didn't move forward fast enough so the game just kept spawning more enemies at me(I assume this game uses infinite spawning from what I can tell).

As far as i am aware the grineer dont "respawn" the corpus have "chickenwalkers" on a 20 sec cooldown i think it is from boxes on the walls, and the infested, well, yeah they just keep coming but they are just hack and slash, save your ammo for the acients

As far as i am aware the grineer dont "respawn" the corpus have "chickenwalkers" on a 20 sec cooldown i think it is from boxes on the walls, and the infested, well, yeah they just keep coming but they are just hack and slash, save your ammo for the acients

The Grineer do 'respawn' or at least reinforce. If you get far enough from a room I think they restock it with dudes sometimes. Also Grineer assault teams show up at random intervals.

I've noticed the wall factories(they've spawned guys right in front of my eyes!), but to be honest, the most deadly tides(I heard you like shockwave chickens) just walk in the door from the next room over. The occasional wall chicken isn't too much of a threat.

I've not faced the infested enough to properly gauge how they spawn. But I do notice they send a lot of guys, then wait a while before sending more. So you're faced with waves, not a never ending onslaught.

I have issues with the Corpus and their never ending tide of walkers from those wall factories. Someone above said they are on a 20 sec cooldown? Pssshhh, I disagree. I've seen them spew out walkers no more than 5 seconds apart.

I'm not going to comment on those bloody shockwave Moas...

It is a tiny bit annoying when you get mobs spawning behind you in rooms you have just cleared, especially when you get caught between them and a big group in front as well. Also when up against crewmen and grunts you have to remember to move a lot or you'll get loads of grenades lobbed at you that will turn you into a red smear almost instantly.