Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Odin (Or Ideas For A Norse-Themed Update)

AfroGamerNinja

...what? We have Loki and Valkyr, so why not throw in the All-Father? In fact, why not make it a brainstorming thread for a Norse-themed update?

Anyway, I'm not one for giving stats without making it overpowered, so instead, have ideas for abilities.

First ability: Gungnir

Description: Odin throws an energy missile at an enemy.

Damage guideline: Low, but ignores just about everything and always hits.

Upgrade effects:

1)Tosses more energy missiles at different foes or the same or;

2)After Gungnir hits, energy missiles protrude from the stricken foe to seek other foes.

Source of idea: Dungeons and Dragons' Magic Missile spell. Also, Gungnir, Odin's spear, is known to never miss in Norse Mythology.

Second ability: Sleipnir

Description: Odin leads a teleporting charge and fires a point-blank Gungnir at the targeted foe.

Upgrade guideline: Quicker charge, longer distances

Source of idea: Odin's eight-legged horse Sleipnir, who is REALLY fast.

Syndicate alternative: Bifrost

Description: Odin teleports himself and any ally towards anything (another ally, enemy, cryopods...)

Upgrade guideline: Longer distances, ability to transport all three teammates...

Source of idea: The Bifrost, the bridge between Asgard and Midgard.

Third ability: Thought and Memory

Description: Odin deploy the drones Huginn and Muninn to scout for enemies and loot.

Upgrade guideline: Huginn and Muninn stay for longer periods, more stuff automatically marked, more to come, I don't know...

Source of idea: Odin's crows, Huginn (Thought) and Muninn (Memory), who bring information to their top god.

Syndicate alternative: Vidarr

Description: Odin summons the combat ship Vidarr, dealing death from above.

Upgrade guideline: More damage, more zone coverage...

Source of idea: Vidarr, one of Odin's sons. He's the one who avenged him when he fell to Fenrir.

Ultimate ability: Ragnarök

Description: Odin provokes everyone in mortal close combat, jamming guns.

Mechanics: Like Valkyr's ultimate, but applied to everyone: Stats of Odin and fellow Tenno are doubled, health is regenerating, friend and foe are forced in melee combat... (Work in progress)

Upgrade guideline: Longer duration, speedier health regeneration, higher melee damage... (WIP)

Source of idea: Ragnarök, the Final Fate/Twilight of the Gods, where Odin dies, devoured by Fenrir.

So far, that's what my ideas amount to. If you feel like throwing in stat ideas and the like, let me know.

Also, should Fenrir be a very tall, wolf-themed Corpus mech?

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

I love the idea, but the last ability should be different, should be more explosive or warish, because the idea you have set there is too simailar to Mesa's second ability. 

Wait, the weapon jamming feature from Mesa's second skill is guaranteed to happen? Well then. I mean, I had a map-wide, applied-to-everyone friend or foe version of Valkyr's Hysteria in mind for Ragnarök, but I could replace the weapon jamming element with a fear effect or run with Serwooss' suggestion.

Edited by AfroGamerNinja

I think you can do better for that first ability.

Ability 2 is nice mobility. We've seen that in other frames but I think it has potential.

The third ability is my favorite. Makes Odin a great utility frame. I like the idea of a frame sending out drones or something to mark enemy locations. Could be useful.

The ult is most important though, and I really don't like the direction you're going with here. Seeing how Odin's abilities are based on scouting and movement, I think an ult with more utility or support would be better. Maybe he generates heavy armor on all allies? Hell, I don't know anything about Norse mythology though. Good luck on your frame dude.

I think you can do better for that first ability.

Ability 2 is nice mobility. We've seen that in other frames but I think it has potential.

The third ability is my favorite. Makes Odin a great utility frame. I like the idea of a frame sending out drones or something to mark enemy locations. Could be useful.

The ult is most important though, and I really don't like the direction you're going with here. Seeing how Odin's abilities are based on scouting and movement, I think an ult with more utility or support would be better. Maybe he generates heavy armor on all allies? Hell, I don't know anything about Norse mythology though. Good luck on your frame dude.

The first ability is using the magical properties of Gungnir, which is known to never miss in Norse mythology. Although for the upgrade guideline, I could make it chain towards the next enemy, but people will say that it won't be viable, ditch it and use a Forma on it's slot. So, I decided to include some elements from Dungeons and Dragons' Magic Missile spell, who always hits, like Gungnir. The spell also ignores any resistance and as you level, you can target multiple foes at once with it.

Though yeah, I think I'm kinda going overboard with this incarnation of Ragnarök.

So, here's my reworked version:

Description: Odin imbues the squad with his fury, turning them into relentless berserkers.

What it does: Terrifies enemies, gives Odin and his allies Gungnir (the actual spear), team-wide Hysteria-like state.

Gungnir (Melee weapon)

Regular attacks are stabs. Charged attacks tosses the spear at a enemy. After being tossed, another Gungnir appears at the Tenno's hands.

Upgrade guideline: Longer duration, boosts on Gungnir, bigger scaling from the equipped melee weapon... (WIP)

I'll think about alternative abilities for the ult.

But yeah, just so you know, Odin is the Norse god of war (especially the ''fury'' aspect of it: why else would berserkers worship him?), wisdom, death, poetry, magic and frenzy.